Skip to content

Sneak Preview: Map! (and... shopping!)

edited July 2018 in The Commsphere
Those of you familiar with other IRE games will note the similar map system! The legend differs a little, though... $ here is a shop. And where oh where could this particular hub of commerce be...?

Comments

• Guess I'll have to learn moonrunes.
  • Unless the critters are imports, gotta be Hororeon.
  • Suppose the bust of Khan along with the critters could suggest Song City; they'd have more historical cause to remember Khan there than in Ostari.
  • Scatterhome.
  • Can't be, nobody's made off with the shiny things yet.
  • Ooh, wait, Jerzah? Maybe Jerzah.
  • zacc said:
    Scatterhome.
    I'm with zacc on this one. Most likely somewhere in Scatterhome, given the bust of the founder.
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • edited July 2018
    Assuming it's a straight translation (well, slightly modified), the alien words are: Somewhere ... Hidden.

Final guess: Somewhere hidden in a galaxy far, far away.
    ;)

• Are we gonna find out if we guess right? Or is this gonna remain a mystery until we find it in-game?
  • edited July 2018
    Malash said:
    Are we gonna find out if we guess right? Or is this gonna remain a mystery until we find it in-game?
    Maybe and maybe!

(nobody has it yet)

OH THE SUSPENSE............................................
  • New guess: Krell. They're all imports.
  • Looks pretty cool so far!
  • Scrapston?
  • Frixion VI, most likely Mir.
  • I'll go with Celestine Ascendancy because 'Grand Emporium' sounds elitist and snob.
  • Jerom said:
    I'll go with Celestine Ascendancy because 'Grand Emporium' sounds elitist and snob.
    But which planet?
  • edited August 2018
    Malash said:
    Jerom said:
    I'll go with Celestine Ascendancy because 'Grand Emporium' sounds elitist and snob.
    But which planet?
    Glisal II.
  • A little late to the party, but one thing that I don't like in that screenshot compared to the other ire games is that the price isnt' on the far right. The far left and the far right should be the two most important pieces of information (id #'s and price) and I feel putting the # of items isn't as important as the price
  • @Groot I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it and now I can't unsee. 
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • So change it. That's why we all use scriptable clients. Modifying shop wares, including adding clickable links to buy, probe etc, is one of the first things I ever write.
  • I'm going to say that's an Elgan name based on @Tecton's list and given the Elgan's trading nature, put the shop in Biloxan. 
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.