Skip to content

What Class Will You Be Playing?

Quite a bit of information has come out since the last time this poll was taken, so it seemed like a good time for an update: which class do you currently intend to start playing as?

Comments

• Nanoseer best class
  • I want to try a few of them (based entirely on what character I decide to make), but I think I'm most interested in the support capabilities of the Engineer class. Also, Engineer Ry'nari, ftw.
  • I always like building things -- Engineer sounds like fun!
  • Since the good Biochem class isn't in yet I'll probably play  Scoundrel.
  • edited August 2018
    Looks like the scoundrels are hiding.

-And of course one appears while I'm typing that.
  • Scoundrel it is. I first thought of going engineer, but I know on a RP stand point, I couldn't do it justice. Then I thought Fury, but then I was like, great, I am idiot bringing a sword to a gun fight so that kind of threw my RP visual of myself out the window. So, I choose Scoundrel, only because the other classes do not appeal to me. BEAST is just to much armor, Nanoseer, I don't know, just don't fit well with me. SO scoundrel it is, even if they cut out the best part of being a "scoundrel" (thievery), But I guess I will live with it till I either go for another class and character, or they come out with other characters, or I find that the skill set works good for me. Yeah, I know, it's a bit more detailed then anyone else's lol.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • Definitely scoundrel. My focus will be entirely on my ship and establishing advantageous business connections, so class is less significant. But considering I intend on being the go-to trader between the snoody ascendency citizens and the amoral extra-legal privateers scoundrel would be best for surviving business deals gone wrong.
  • I fell in love with Fury and it is still my class of choice. Eagerly awaiting being able to play it
  • Gotta admit these results are surprising me so far. Based on recent comments, I thought there'd be BEASTs coming outta the woodwork.
  • I'm honestly not sure. Nanoseer was what I was thinking before, but honestly I like them all. B.E.A.S.T. is probably the least interesting to me, since I've never been a fan of the "soldier" or "bruiser" type classes in IREs, but I think I remember reading somewhere on the forums that it'll likely be a different feel than those in other games. Whenever I think of Engineer, I can't help but picture LoL's Heimerdinger and his turrets. I love Heimer and his turrets. And I've always enjoyed scoundrel/spy/rogue classes, particularly in IRE's games, and spent the most time with them. So...

tl;dr Probably start Nano but try them all not too long into the game.. :D
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Nothing says other classes can't act like dirty, rotten scoundrels...
  • Fury FTW. I've already written an intro to my character and posted it here :-)
    Starmourn Launch Countdown:
    https://countingdownto.com/?c=2341194
  • Quean said:
    Fury FTW. I've already written an intro to my character and posted it here :-)
    You are so very much my polar opposite. I think we're going to be the very best of enemies.
  • Malash said:
    Quean said:
    Fury FTW. I've already written an intro to my character and posted it here :-)
    You are so very much my polar opposite. I think we're going to be the very best of enemies.

I am very much looking forward to it, you tank-bred, gap-toothed space toad =)=)=)

• What's this I found? Is this the Mogul, Shima Sual, onboard the Ry'nari flagship?

• edited August 2018
    Quean said:
    What's this I found? Is this the Mogul, Shima Sual, onboard the Ry'nari flagship
    Cute. The hordes gave my tribe the boot over eight centuries ago, so I don't really give a crap about any modern Mogul. That said, I know you "people" are an entire species of bastards, but I thought I'd help you locate your parents anyway. Here's a recent photo:
    Image result for cat bird
  • I am torn between Fury and Scoundrel... not fully sure which one I want to try out first. 
  • edited August 2018
    I'm tempted by the scoundrel role and I like the engineer concept. 

But I'll try several out (hopefully not all, I'd like to find one I like sooner than that) and pick the one that suits me (the player) the most.

Then I'll figure out how to reconcile the role I have in my mind with the class I like the most.

• Most likely fury. If playing Lusternia taught me anything it's that I like the more complex classes. That said, I've really been debating on nanoseer as well. Ultimately it's likely going to take sitting down and looking through skills and their playstyles to decide. I just know that it is not going to be scoundrel. Nothing against the class, but just everything I've seen on it, while amusing, doesn't seem like it would be for me.
  • edited August 2018
    Indi said:
    I'm tempted by the scoundrel role and I like the engineer concept. 

But I'll try several out (hopefully not all, I'd like to find one I like sooner than that) and pick the one that suits me (the player) the most.

Then I'll figure out how to reconcile the role I have in my mind with the class I like the most.

There are only 5 currently so it probably won't be that much more taxing than "several." ;)

@Tecton is it time to let us see a few more class skills? :beg: 
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
      I'm going on a rampage
  • I'd like to be able to review all of the skills before making a final decision, tentatively settling on Fury for now!
  • kay said:
     Ultimately it's likely going to take sitting down and looking through skills and their playstyles to decide.
    Exactly. I know that I like certain types of utility abilities, and versatile offensive options. I'm not keen on extremely fast momentum styles (which don't look like they'll be present in Starmourn anyway) but I do like to be able to mix stuff up and play with my opponent's mind. 

There's no way to choose a class now with so little info.
  • Everything I thought I knew was wrong and now everything is up for grabs and like Jon Snow, I know nothing.
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • edited August 2018
    I lean more towards magical skillsets in any game I play, so nanoseer is naturally going to be my first choice. I'm looking forward to discovering the mysteries behind their skills.
    Mudlet: Ōtsutsuki Interface
    "In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."
  • Wow, the votes so far are really even. Even considering the small sample size, that's a good sign.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
      I'm going on a rampage
  • Merchants take note: looks like a heavy demand for light armor in the days ahead.
  • I plan to concentrate mostly on gathering, manufacturing, and making those marks. So, most likely Elgan Engineer.
  • Scroundrel, Engineer, and Nanoseer have some interest to me, but I need to see some skills lists/utility options first