Skip to content

Retirement and Starmourn

Comments

• Fair compromise and I’m glad I have a few remaining!
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • I've been saving retirement credits since MKO went the way of the dodo so this is good news.
  • Rilkor said:
    I've been saving retirement credits since MKO went the way of the dodo so this is good news.
    Same, I don't think I'd ever really retire my character from elsewhere but these retire credits from mko are burning a hole in my pocket.
  • As someone who will be starting fairly fresh (no character who can be retired) this is a fair enough compromise for me!
  • Great news! Thank you! 🙂
    Completely fair and quite an intelligent solution with a very reasonable reason.
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Zerva said:
    As someone who will be starting fairly fresh (no character who can be retired) this is a fair enough compromise for me!
    It'll be interesting, cause there seems like there will be this period where a small group of early whales/dolphins will be pretty powerful (especially when people are getting used to combat) and then a few months later some will get stronger and others will jump up cause they waited. Potentially some even going zero to hero when they get their thousands of credits lol.
  • I'm actually looking forward to retiring my two Achaea characters. There is no chance I'm going back there, and I will have far less time to grind/hunt/quest than I would like to in Starmourn. Normally, that would not bother me, but this time I want to build a PvP-heavy character (this will be my first, I always go explorer/socializer in MUDs) and those lessons will be a great boost.
    Starmourn Launch Countdown:
    https://countingdownto.com/?c=2341194
  • Is there gonna be a limit/cap on how may credits can be transferred?
  • Krumpa said:
    Is there gonna be a limit/cap on how may credits can be transferred?
    Nope.
  • Sairys said:
    Rilkor said:
    I've been saving retirement credits since MKO went the way of the dodo so this is good news.
    Same, I don't think I'd ever really retire my character from elsewhere but these retire credits from mko are burning a hole in my pocket.
    I also have retirement credits sitting there from MKO, this is a compromise I can live with and makes me happy. The fact that I wont have to start over once they allow Retirement Credits is a big bonus, cause I didn't want to invest a lot of time then not be able to get them on a Character that I'm in love with. 

Kudos to Admins!
  • Stopping by to say I just read the email and appreciate the gesture as a long-time customer. Thanks, Team Starmourn.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• While I love the news, I, for one, do not understand the 30 days period for using the retirement credits. I'm not complaining or anything but I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind it. Why not allowing an infinite period of time after the 3 months delay to spend them? Why 30 days?
  • edited July 2018
    Jerom said:
    While I love the news, I, for one, do not understand the 30 days period for using the retirement credits. I'm not complaining or anything but I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind it. Why not allowing an infinite period of time after the 3 months delay to spend them? Why 30 days?
    @Jerom
    From what I understand, the 30 days relates only to established characters. You will still be able to transfer retirement credits to new characters at any point (up to 30 days after the character's inception), according to the guidelines they have across all IRE games. I'd imagine they want to cut off anyone suddenly dropping a couple thousand credits on a character they've been playing for a few years for the same reason they'd want to in any other situation. Those 30 days are a respite to allow people a chance to use their retirement credits on the characters that have been established in SM for 3 months.
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Still wish I could retire characters who don't have 1k credits, in certain muds, because I know I'll never play them again.
  • Hello,
    ok this retirement thing is new to me so am guessing inorder to retire a char in any of the other moos, you have to have 1000 credits, and what else? I haven't gotton 1000 credits on any of my chars on any of the other moos so I am guessing can't retire them. Just wondering that system is new to me.
    Thanks
    Kevin Roberts
  • Hello,
    ok this retirement thing is new to me so am guessing inorder to retire a char in any of the other moos, you have to have 1000 credits, and what else? I haven't gotton 1000 credits on any of my chars on any of the other moos so I am guessing can't retire them. Just wondering that system is new to me.
    Thanks
    Kevin Roberts

From memory, it only really considers rl money purchases. So winning a comp won't necessarily bump your retire value up but promos like directly buying lessons might? 

Otherwise, that's it pretty much. They go into an IRE account so you just need to make sure that the character you want to transfer them to is registered with the same email.
  • Oh ok yeah I haven't gotton anything with rl money on any of the games the most I have gotton in the way in credits is getting them on new levels and such.
  • I know once this takes off and the 3 months are up there is a very strong chance I am retiring sadey. Can't wait to rip things apart as a beast though.
  • Don't guess, just log on and use the retire command to find out what the character is worth.
    I forget what the command is, but 'help retirement' and it will tell you.

Also, a neat strategy for people that can't justify spending real money on mudding -  instead of buying a coffee (or whatever 'luxury' you can convince yourself to go without occasionally) just transfer a few dollars into paypal right then and there, and use that as a 'gaming-savings' account. If you start now you could have enough for some amount of the 'no-brainer' packages by release date. No credit card needed.

• I'm in the 'consider anything not 'no-name' brand a luxury' kind of financial status. For now. For now.
    I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.
  • @Tecton @Aurelius I apologize if this has been asked already, but will people be able to transfer in IRE elite credits attached to their account from day 1, or will this become available at the same time as retirement credits, or what?
  • Antidas said:
    @Tecton @Aurelius I apologize if this has been asked already, but will people be able to transfer in IRE elite credits attached to their account from day 1, or will this become available at the same time as retirement credits, or what?
    Elite is a per game thing, so those credit balances are attached to your account for the game they're on.

Of course, would be totally fine with that balance also coming over too.
  • Sairys said:
    Antidas said:
    @Tecton @Aurelius I apologize if this has been asked already, but will people be able to transfer in IRE elite credits attached to their account from day 1, or will this become available at the same time as retirement credits, or what?
    Elite is a per game thing, so those credit balances are attached to your account for the game they're on.

Lol. I guess I would know that if I played any IRE games beyond Achaea, whoops. For some reason I had always thought it was company-wide!
  • Antidas said:
    Sairys said:
    Antidas said:

Lol. I guess I would know that if I played any IRE games beyond Achaea, whoops. For some reason I had always thought it was company-wide!
    I wish it was! I'd probably play more than Achaea too, heh.