Skip to content

An Adventurer Is Not You.

The generic IC term for players in other games doesn't really seem to fit with Starmourn. "Adventurer" is for quasi-medieval fantasy. What are players gonna be called for convenience's sake in Starmourn? Spacers? Mercs? (P)rominent (C)itizens?

Comments

• space cowboy/girls? 
    I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.
  • Mourners?
    Starmourn Launch Countdown:
    https://countingdownto.com/?c=2341194
  • We can't still be (space) adventurers? :tongue:
    Good question, though. I like Spacers. We could all be Pilots. I only suggest that because we all in fact will be, though personally I'm not in love with it. Maybe something roughly synonymous. Spacefarer. Mourners could work too, @Quean . I've always liked that for players. It is the Starmourn Sector, after all. Sentients. Of course there will be plenty of NPC sentient beings..
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • edited August 2018
    Mourner, Starmourner, Explorer, Traveller, Spacefarer, Voyager, Galactic citizen, Captain, Skipper.

I favor Mourner. Works well and is fitting.
    Pedagogical rumors of rumors fuel the cosmos

• I like Mourner in an OOC context, but in-game everybody lives in Starmourn; doesn't really seem like a distinction.
  • I think @Malash is right: we need a word for the space travelling spirits, not all sentients. My personal preference would then be Spacer :)
    Starmourn Launch Countdown:
    https://countingdownto.com/?c=2341194
  •  Spacefarer was my first thought. Venturer and Spacer also work, along the same lines. 
  • I always like the term Navigator.  
  • Ohh, I do like Navigator better than Pilot. Venturer is cool too.
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Most space-based games label the basic wanderer/adventurer things like 'free lance pilot', 'captain'. EVE online labels you a 'capsuleer' until you get a piloting skill in certain classes of ships high enough, or if you join a corporation your title will shift to your rank within the corporation. 
  • magee101 said:
    Most space-based games label the basic wanderer/adventurer things like 'free lance pilot', 'captain'. EVE online labels you a 'capsuleer' until you get a piloting skill in certain classes of ships high enough, or if you join a corporation your title will shift to your rank within the corporation. 
    For titles, yeah. I was referring more to a term-of-convenience to use in-character to differentiate players from NPCs.
  • I like Traveller, Venturer, Pilgrim, Space Trucker, Wizard, and I will be referring to myself as such.
  • I think "Debtor" is going to be the most accurate term for my character on release
  • Groot said:
    I think "Debtor" is going to be the most accurate term for my character on release
    Are there space loan space sharks for space debts