Skip to content

Timing of Factory / Refinery / Economic Purchases at Game Start

Hi all -- it may be too early to ask some of these questions, but I have been thinking about the timing and availability of economic assets in Starmourn.

1)  When I think about experiences with games like Archeage, there was a big rush to purchase all of the available space within a couple of hours of the game opening and late comers had a hard time getting involved in some of the economic aspects of the game.  Will there be systems setup to avoid this kind of resource rush that essentially locks down assets?

2) Will factories and refineries have an on-going tax or a per transaction tax?  I am thinking about on-going maintenance costs and what happens when a player goes MIA for a period of time.  Does ownership revert if taxes are unpaid? Will paying taxes be an action that you have to log-in to perform, or will it be automatic from a bank account?

3)  Will all assets be owned by a player, or could you transfer ownership to an organization/cartel/family/group that maintains the costs and splits the profits or pays employees?

Thanks! 

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Hi Wylde! I believe at least some of your questions might be answered by my post here: https://forums.starmourn.com/discussion/comment/2812#Comment_2812

In that comment, I was posting a transcript of an informal Q&A Tecton did on the Starmourn Discord.
  • Most of your questions are probably answered in these two pages:

https://www.starmourn.com/resource-extraction/
    https://www.starmourn.com/economy/
  • Most of that makes sense -- so it sounds like there is an on-going operating cost even if there is no activity.  The post was a bit confusing in some places regarding the mechanics of how to operate profitably. 

Also, do the taxes go into the actual government structure to be used by players, or is it just a drain to remove marks from the economy that no one actually has access to spend (i.e. funding spaceport and government maintenance behind the scenes)?
  • Also, do the taxes go into the actual government structure to be used by players, or is it just a drain to remove marks from the economy that no one actually has access to spend (i.e. funding spaceport and government maintenance behind the scenes)?
    Maintenance, yes. Definitely not giant statues of whoever's currently got the most pull.
  • Since taxes don't go to the governments, will governments have a different direct way of gaining Marks or will it even be important for governments to have currency in any amounts? In other games, currency would be used for incentives, prizes, and other more necessary expenditures.
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Qitorien said:
    Since taxes don't go to the governments, will governments have a different direct way of gaining Marks or will it even be important for governments to have currency in any amounts? In other games, currency would be used for incentives, prizes, and other more necessary expenditures.
    Factions get rewards from Cosmpiercer control!