Skip to content

Are all characters mechanically the same at end game?

Given 2 characters are the same level and have the same amount of maxed out lessons, will they be the same mechanically? Will there be specializations within classes?  Will it be possible to be a different type of scoundrel than the next scoundrel? Will there be trade offs like being better at a specific aspect mechanically while losing benefit to other aspects?

Or will everyone be mechanically the same, eventually? I hope there's a way for me to choose to be different, go down a different path, and not have the ability to eventually "just get everything". 

Comments

• edited July 2018
    My opinion? A scoundrel is a scoundrel, is a scoundrel. Tri-trans in any class is going to be the same else we're gonna get the whole 'if you choose anything other than this specific progression path you are wasting not only your own time but anyone you group up with for raids/bashing because you're off-meta' even if the difference is 0.00000001% damage resistance or damage output or some other arbitrary metric. It's also probably a lot easier to code for ATM. Might be something like behaviour scrolls to spice it up a bit but that's just my view on it. There's always going to be people crunching the numbers and running calculations to find 'THE BEST CLASS EVAR' and then proceed to get it nerfed ASAHP

That being said, I fully expect there to be some kind of 'friendly' one-ups-manship between scoundrels, as it seems like a class tailor-made for the snarky, 'i caught a fish thiiiiiiiis big once' shenanigan-ensuing player. Plus scoundrels get jetpacks, who doesn't want a jetpack?
    I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.
  • Dibs on the missile launcher/minigun/net launcher combo. No one else is allowed to copy me.
  • Wonder who's gonna be the one to go all minigun or be 'that guy' and go all net launcher.
  • Ikchor said:
    Wonder who's gonna be the one to go all minigun or be 'that guy' and go all net launcher.
    Different weapons are different sizes and go in different slots!
  • Will the net launcher be of the Predator tighten-down-until-they're-cut-to-ribbons type?
  • when will a list of available weapons and their types/slots be available :D im dying. been following the development of this game since november
  • Tecton said:
    Ikchor said:
    Wonder who's gonna be the one to go all minigun or be 'that guy' and go all net launcher.
    Different weapons are different sizes and go in different slots!
    There go my dreams of becoming Netman, Megaman's most catch-y foe.
  • edited July 2018
    What is the shield? Forcefield? Panels that unfold from the arm? Just a big hunk of metal we lug around?

Also, what kind of warheads are used with the missile launcher? Do we have sub-options?

Also also, can we parry with a wristblade?

I have too many questions.
  • edited July 2018
    Oh! And under what circumstances can those options be changed out? Could I switch out a blade for a shield mid-combat? Are there special BEAST bays I'd have to visit? Am I stuck with whatever I first install?

Your details are delicious, and they sustain me.