Skip to content

Any more updates?

I know summer is a slow time with vacations and such. But I'm having withdrawl symptoms with no new updates over a month? Anything new to report or talk about? Also is a 2018 launch still happening?

Comments

• See if there's anything you've missed on the dev blog: https://www.starmourn.com/blog/

Try joining the unofficial Starmourn discord, a lot of Starmourn chatter goes on there, and @Tecton occasionally gives a peek at what he's currently working on. (https://forums.starmourn.com/discussion/112/unofficial-starmourn-discord#latest )

Check out the Roleplay section of the forums.

And lastly, yes, we're still expecting a 2018 release. :)
  • edited July 2018
    In a comment to this blog post, they explain (as I understand it) that there are no major new systems being developed now. Rather, the team is working on making sure all of the existing ones actually work as they should =)
    Starmourn Launch Countdown:
    https://countingdownto.com/?c=2341194
  • edited July 2018
    Quean said:
    In a comment to this blog post, they explain (as I understand it) that there are no major new systems being developed now. Rather, the team is working on making sure all of the existing ones actually work as they should =)
    Yep! And adding tons and tons of content also seen here. Tecton tells us sometimes in Discord and probably also somewhere on the forums-I'll see if I can find it-how many completely built rooms from scratch they've completed. There are quests to add and mobs and rooms to create, as well as the major new systems. It's a whole new world, Aladdin! :chuffed:

Skanylla-05/31/2018
    @Tecton Is Starmourn still just a single room?
    Tecton-05/31/2018
    uhh, no
    We've got well over 5000 uniquely described rooms
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Aurelius said:
    Yeah, there's a lot of work going on on the main questline and the in-game tutorials at the moment, as well as working on laying out space for your starships to fly through. 
    'main' questline eh? there are main quests? :D
  • Valaria said:
    Aurelius said:
    Yeah, there's a lot of work going on on the main questline and the in-game tutorials at the moment, as well as working on laying out space for your starships to fly through. 
    Yes
  • Valaria said:
    Aurelius said:
    The journey to max level is a personal quest system as well. There's a linear progression of quests based upon your character's progress in addition to the normal "do whatever you want with complete freedom within reason" type thing IRE normally has. Pretty awesome. :)
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk