Skip to content

Q+A Madness - May 2018

13»

Comments

• Orion said:
    Will kill assists be a thing, similar to Aetolia?
    In PVE, you will get xp based on your effort. We haven't extended it to PVP at this time, but it wouldn't be hard to do.
  • Will organic ships be a possibility, or will it be mechanical all the way? I want to fight the Yuuzhan Vong.
  • Is there a chance that skipping of description part of lessons  (as it is now after first lesson just beginning and ending) will be voluntary?
  • Orion said:
    Will organic ships be a possibility, or will it be mechanical all the way? I want to fight the Yuuzhan Vong.
    Just point them at the Ishvana, solve two problems at once.
  • Will PCs ever have the option to build props or items that would be usable as props?
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Orion said:
    Will organic ships be a possibility, or will it be mechanical all the way? I want to fight the Yuuzhan Vong.
    There are space organics that you will fight, yes!
  • Khargal said:
    Is there a chance that skipping of description part of lessons  (as it is now after first lesson just beginning and ending) will be voluntary?
    Not currently, but wouldn't be hard to add down the road
  • Qitorien said:
    Will PCs ever have the option to build props or items that would be usable as props?
    Yes, there are some class abilities that offer that functionality already!
  • Hello, I have little experience with IRE muds (a brief spell in Imperian), but from what I remember there was a fair emphasis on scripting to be an effective player. Will this also be the case for Starmourn?
  • 1. How many areas will be accessible at the start?
    2. Can you give more info about Dynasties?
  • Khargal said:
    1. How many areas will be accessible at the start?
    2. Can you give more info about Dynasties?
    1) The current plan is about 80.
    2) We'll likely have a news article up on the site in the very near future, but they're basically a type of org that you can only join one of at a time (unlike clans).
    The dynasty will unlock more powers and perks as more people join, so when your Dynasty has 5 people, you'll be able to configure a surname (the only way you can obtain one), and members will be able to apply it to themselves if they are so inclined. At 45 people, your dynasty is considered a major part of the game, so changes in leadership are announced to the politics newsboard in the commsphere. 
  • Just a note: I'll be wrapping up this Q+A session at 6pm Eastern tonight (in about 4 hours), so ask away if you have questions!
  • Do you see the potential for future world-ending calamities i.e. Song to be caused by player actions?
  • Malash said:
    Do you see the potential for future world-ending calamities i.e. Song to be caused by player actions?
    We're definitely open and willing assisting and expanding upon player-led roleplay!
  • Tecton said:
    Malash said:
    Do you see the potential for future world-ending calamities i.e. Song to be caused by player actions?
    We're definitely open and willing assisting and expanding upon player-led roleplay!
    Next stop: Wuntoklan.
  • Malash said:
    Tecton said:
    Malash said:
    Next stop: Wuntoklan.
    I should also say that for big things, it would also need to line up with our goals/plans and the good of the game. If players wanted to blow Scatterhome to pieces, we're not going to make that happen just because :)
  • edited May 2018
    Thanks for the great batch of questions! The team and I look forward to bringing you more juicy info in the coming days and weeks. 

Of course, while this thread has ended, you're more than encouraged to make a new thread here on the forums for whatever questions you may have!
This discussion has been closed.