Skip to content

Room Design

edited March 2018 in The Commsphere
I saw in the Discord an Idea of submitting rooms to go in the game. A forewarning this doesn't mean that any ideas are actually going in, but if you want to design a room, feel free to below.

Comments

• I would say that ideas here have a very good chance of appearing in the game, in some shape or form!
  • Can we have Theograth's bar, or other things we might come up with in RP forums? :D
  • I would be honored if Rendar Spaceport (ie: “The Jersey Shore of Space”) was added to the game. My only request is that they make High Class Roadhouse completely destructible...
  • I'll add my vote in favor.
  • edited April 2018
    I don't know about the destructible part, but I'd love if some of our creations made into the game - particularly the Roadhouse! 

ETA: oh... I already said that... Above. Forgive my terrible memory. >.< Lol
  • Not sure how viable this sort of thing is (I'm not up to date on copyright/Intellectual property law), but in some graphical RPGs I've played (fallout 1 as an example) they put little "easter eggs" nodding to other sci-fi universes within the game. Let me provide an example:

In Fallout 1 it is mostly blank desert. As you traverse through the desert, rooms or encounters are generated. Most of the rooms just have a few mobs to kill etc. But some have unique locations and are rarer to come across. One such location has the Doctor Who telephone box. Nothing happens with it. It is just there. Implying that the fallout universe and doctor who universes are intertwined. 

Maybe that sort of thing would be immersion breaking or considered OOC. But I think it could be fun. Maybe a derelict USS Enterprise is found in some far-flung reach of space. Just floating. No one alive. (somehow the crew of the Enterprise made it to the starmourn sector).

I'll think of some actual rooms or locations that don't have these easter eggs in the next few days and post em up.