Skip to content

Space Pirates

Roll call? Who here is an eager beaver to know if/how/when/where/what? Got any intriguing rough ideas for your RP? 

Comments

• A Jin out of Scatterhome for sure.. the rest will be revealed eventually heh 
    Ataniiq
  • I do have some intriguing ideas for my RP, but like @Baedundariel I don't wanna reveal them yet. Don't want anyone to be a jerk and copy them first. :P

However, I do imagine our universe will have many space pirates.
  • I plan on being part of a more classy organization.

Just as filled with horrible acts but at least we'll be genteel about it.
  • @Pollivar
    So the Mafia?
  • Also for me, I'll probably just be a gun for hire, provided you pay me enough I'll guard your convoy or raid so and sos convoy, Shen gives 0 shits
  • I'm hoping for a 'Principality of Zeon' feel.
  • I'm really hoping for an "ask no questions" courier type playstyle.. Especially one with loads of RP involved.

Human Pilot out of Scatterhome.. Take up whatever jobs I can as long as they pay well..Yeah. Not bound to land in trouble at all..
    Zhill says, "Drats."
    You say to Zhill, "Thanks anyways! I'm gonna go break more things!"
    Zhill tells you, "You show'em!"
    You joyfully tell Zhill, "I sure will!"
    You laughingly tell Zhill, "Or I'll die horribly! Ahahaha!"
  • edited August 2017
    Elgan Scoundrel (unless a class I like better comes along) from Scatterhome who is super vibrant all the time with way to much enthusiasm for the macabre. I see him as a subordinate of some crime lord or perhaps a freelance guy that doesn't get hired a lot because he's trigger happy.
  • Some people call me a Space Cowboy...

(But really, I'd love to see a ton of piratey space pirates.)
  • Probably some religious human somewhere.
  • Has anyone here seen the Firefly series?

I imagined my rp to be kinda like Cpt Reynolds. A mercenary sailing through space stopping at ports and cities to restock and to look for dishonest work that brings in the moneys.
    We're just.. a necessary cog in the machine that the economy, no?
    Zhill says, "Drats."
  • Space pirates unite!
  • I may not make it my main goal, but definitely going to dabble in pirating. 
  • If this is a thing then.... YES.
  • Archer said:
    If this is a thing then.... YES.
    Undoubtably. Saw somewhere the big guy confirmed rouges himself, so methinks we've got our work cut out for us.
    Zhill says, "Drats."
  • I think I'd get a good chuckle out of there being a bazillion space pirates who only have each other as targets. Because that would be hilarious.

I have no intentions of pirating, because PvP will always come down to a scripting arms race, and I'm the North Korea of arms races. At least in terms of the aptitude and success. If I manage to land something that remotely resembles a thermo-nuclear device on an ICBM, I probably bought it from someone. Why waste time and effort on something you know you can't win?
  • I think I'll be some sort of crafter and researcher. The research would probably manage to be both esoteric and extremely dangerous. If I was going to engage in piracy, I would do so on someone else's ship, I'm not risking my own when I would be going full manual as always, and I'd have no chance solo anyways.
  • I believe they mentioned that everyone is meant to have their own ship and ship-collaboration will not be ANYTHING like it is in Lusternia.

So we're looking at more EVE-Online style, 'everyone has their own boat' as opposed to 'everyone's piling into one big ship',
    @Scathain

• I also think the ships won't be as expensive to acquire, given you can get them early on. Probably won't be as traumatic to lose one. 
  • Demarcus said:
    I think I'd get a good chuckle out of there being a bazillion space pirates who only have each other as targets. Because that would be hilarious.

I have no intentions of pirating, because PvP will always come down to a scripting arms race, 
    Ship to ship combat will not come down to scripting, I predict, any more than it does in Achaea. 
  • Aerry said:
    I'm considering a Hacker character tbh rather than PVP. My chars gunna be like that little nerdy kid who spent to much time in his bedroom and accidentally broke the net.
    Hah!  This.  Win.
    Ataniiq
  • Who says hacking won't be useful in PvP? Maybe SpaceWench needs you to upload a virus into a captured noob's vessel to steal a few credits or unlock a loot container before their backup arrives :O
  • Kabaal said:
    Who says hacking won't be useful in PvP? Maybe SpaceWench needs you to upload a virus into a captured noob's vessel to steal a few credits or unlock a loot container before their backup arrives :O
    Hacking will be minimally useful, at best, in PvP or ship v ship combat. 
  • AR. ARR. ARRRRRR!

(What? It's fun to say)
  • edited August 2017
    My thoughts on the matter:

• I just want to make all of you badass items. Please don't space pirate me.
  • I believe I will be on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan...or research vessel