Skip to content

Forum-based RP hub?

edited March 2018 in The Commsphere
First of all, please forgive the quasi-related rant but I just wanted to say that, as a newcomer, I've been poking around the forums and this community is awesome. Everyone is super respectful to one another, and the devs seem incredibly invested in the player base. Maybe I'm just new to MUDs, but I find it refreshing how close-knit the community is and I'm really excited for this awesome game to drop so I can play with everyone!

Now on to the poll: I was thinking about started a thread in the forums that would act like a hub for forum-based, IC role playing as a precursor to the game and just wanted to get a feel for how many people would be interested in something like that (provided it's even allowed in the forums).

The way I imagine it would be like this: there's a small unremarkable bar in a small unremarkable spaceport where characters could come in and have a drink, interact with one another, or just shadily eyeball everyone from a dark corner in the room. If a few characters' conversation leads to an adventure outside the bar, they could start a new RP thread and take the adventure wherever they please.

Select your answer below!

Comments

• It's totally allowed, but I also suspect that people will want to use multiple threads for that kind of thing. I'll setup an RP section on the forums right now for threads like that!
  • edited March 2018
    I voted yes because I am of the belief that RP, no matter its medium, can help people get a sense of their character and the environment they'll be in. I know in several cases, pre-game RP has helped me realize that a character concept I had in mind wouldn't work as well as I thought, for example. 

Also, a bit of a shameless plug...on the Unofficial Starmourn Discord (http://forums.starmourn.com/discussion/112/unofficial-starmourn-discord) we have a chat room specifically for role playing/discussing character concepts, etc.  If one were looking for it, it is called #starmournrp

With that said though, the forums are still be a good medium to have RP as well (maybe even some fan fiction type stories?) especially for people who opt not to use Discord.
  • Aurelius said:
    It's totally allowed, but I also suspect that people will want to use multiple threads for that kind of thing. I'll setup an RP section on the forums right now for threads like that!
    That would be awesome! Thanks @Aurelius !!
  • All set up, btw!
  • I'm not sure that I personally will do much pre-game RP'ing on the forums but I do think it sounds fun and something that many people would enjoy.
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Due to overwhelming demand (6 people), I’ve created the hub! Hop over to the RP section to check it out.

Thanks again to @Aurelius for setting us up!