Skip to content

In-Character Intros by our Players

edited January 2018 in The Commsphere
Hey, thought I'd present my character for other players to meet and also would love to meet your characters!  For security sake, I thought I'd use just my character's initials and avoid the full name being foisted by someone else before I can create it.

Salutations, universal citizens.  My name is E.S.  I am Decheeran, aged 350 Earthen years, born in 650 A.E. and still a youngster by our race's standard. I can usually be found residing in my grove within the Song City biosphere.  I chose to uphold and continue our race's proud vocation as Engineers and have had a hand in creating many wartime and peacetime implements of higher technology including being in a consulting position to many B.E.A.S.T. engineers and manufacturers.
I was a newly-conscious being when the last Song-Celestine war was waged and, being meditative and non-aggressive by nature, I have held a number of Dominion peace council seats and seek only to improve our relations with the other planetary cultures scattered throughout our known universe before destructive wars are considered.
I extend to you the blessing which our race has interchanged with ourselves and others throughout our existence, as a means to deeper personal meditation and discovery:
"Eox Aei Reolisin nie'a Drai'sol, Eox Aei Baeinish frao'si Hak'caein."  "May your roots grow deeper, May your branches reach higher."

Comments

• While I appreciate the idea, I will not be adding such a presentation to these forums. In my opinion, this would be considered too much in line with forum RP, and I prefer to keep my character in the actual game world, while this site is separate. My alternative has been to share third person accounts of what my character has been up to before things actually start up, without making her reach out for contact.

That said, seems like a well thought-out concept. Also, nice touch with the blessing at the end! :)
  • Thanks Cen.  I'll see if my character can live up to his intro!  lol
  • edited January 2018
    Why do non-human races put so much significance on A.E.? Have they put that much effort into Human Relations?

A+ for creativity, but I don't know crap about this when we're actually in-game.
  • Sorry for belated answer, Annys, but I believe that any races that have, up to the point of Earth's demise, had been dealing with the Earthlings, would have been using A.E. after the demise, including the Decheerans.  For its own historical and present purposes, the Decheerans would use multiple markers such as A.A (Atria Age), Af. A. (After Atria), S.A. (Song Age) and S.C.A. (Song City Age).
  • edited February 2018
    Sorry for belated answer, Annys, but I believe that any races that have, up to the point of Earth's demise, had been dealing with the Earthlings, would have been using A.E. after the demise, including the Decheerans.  For its own historical and present purposes, the Decheerans would use multiple markers such as A.A (Atria Age), Af. A. (After Atria), S.A. (Song Age) and S.C.A. (Song City Age).
    Delightful! I'm not (personally) worried about necros. If you have something to add, it's valuable, whenever the conversation started.

And you've given me a few things to think about.