Skip to content

Starship Combat!

I just put up two new pages on the Starmourn site - Starship Combat, and Starship Death and Replacement - that lays out a bunch of how starship combat and death works!

Comments

• I am really interested in how the directional damage will affect combat strategy. Will the location of the weapon module affect its firing direction? 
  • Coenzyme said:
    I am really interested in how the directional damage will affect combat strategy. Will the location of the weapon module affect its firing direction? 
    No, not at all. Weapon modules don't really have a location. They're just "on the ship". 
  • Can someone target a specific module on an enemy ship or is the damaged module chosen at random?
  • When you eject from your ship will you still be able to communicate with allies?
  • Jerom said:
    Can someone target a specific module on an enemy ship or is the damaged module chosen at random?
    Modules don't get damaged - it's the ship components that do: linear drive, shield generator, capacitor, shipsim, and sensor suite. Those are things that all ships have, whereas modules are highly variable from ship to ship.
  • Rolsand said:
    When you eject from your ship will you still be able to communicate with allies?
    Yep, your survival gear has commsphere-capable equipment on it.
  • Can we get a gameplay video of combat please?
  • Kaedok said:
    Can we get a gameplay video of combat please?
    There will likely be one in the near-ish future!