Skip to content

Character Concepts - Changed your mind yet?

Just thought I'd ask, since the forums opened in August, how many people have changed their mind about what sort of character they want to play? 

For myself, I know I've gone back and forth on race, class, and civilization and couldn't really tell you what I'm going to create first when the game launches. How about the rest of you?
Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.

Comments

• edited November 2017
    In my case, race and class will likely stay the same (Elgan B.E.A.S.T.) but I might change civilization. I first wanted to settle in Scatterhome, but I'm now leaning towards Celestine Ascendancy. Not sure what provoked my change of mind. Maybe because it looks like the Ascendancy is about to be the least populous org and be the underdog. Being the underdog provides all kinds of opportunities and challenges.
  • edited November 2017
    I think I'll probably *start* with the idea I've had going for a while, but immediately alt my second idea just because:

A- Would be nice to be anonymous IC. 
    B- Whichever character I decide to run with, I'd like to have from the beginning.
    C- THERE ARE SO MANY CHOICES.
    D- I really can't choose between the dregs of the Ascendancy or Scatterhome. 

I almost feel like I want monthly polls on the forums so I can measure how much I change my mind. lol.
  • edited November 2017
    Also, the whole theme of excessive inequalities somehow appeals to me, kinda reminds me of the Shadowrun universe, even though I just know I'll end up on the shitty end of the aforementioned inequalities...
  • Mostly the same (Song Decheeran), I'm just really having mixed feelings about what class to play.

If I can't get happy with the class then I might do a bit of a flip though, kinda need more class info but I'm not sure I'm personally feeling any of them with a Groot.
  • Sairys said:
    Mostly the same (Song Decheeran), I'm just really having mixed feelings about what class to play.

If I can't get happy with the class then I might do a bit of a flip though, kinda need more class info but I'm not sure I'm personally feeling any of them with a Groot.

Yeah, that would be a harder one... Nanoseer would be my pick with a Decheeran. Or a scoundrel. Just like a claustrophobic W'hoorn, would be hard to picture a Decheeran as a B.E.A.S.T. Unless the suit was just part of them? Like grew into them maybe?
  • Syaja said:
    Sairys said:
    Mostly the same (Song Decheeran), I'm just really having mixed feelings about what class to play.

Yeah, that would be a harder one... Nanoseer would be my pick with a Decheeran. Or a scoundrel. Just like a claustrophobic W'hoorn, would be hard to picture a Decheeran as a B.E.A.S.T. Unless the suit was just part of them? Like grew into them maybe?
    Pretty much, probably Nanoseer, fury maybe but again want to see more of how they each work.

Otherwise, it's probably Elgan Engineer from the Ascendancy
  • I hope holsters exist! And scabbards! But yeah, I only have race set. Class will be determined by whichever catches my fancy, though I'm leaning towards Engineer and Nanoseer.
  • The details are in flux but the standard character concept has remained the same.

Human, no doubt, never going to change. Scatterhome works perfect but I'm not as married to it as the race. Scoundrel sounds the best for me in theory but if the gameplay of some other class turns out to be more fun I'll make up some excuse to jump ship and do what's more fun.
  • I'm set on race and class. Even done some art work for myself of my character because why not? :smiley:
  • Cen said:
    I'm set on race and class. Even done some art work for myself of my character because why not? :smiley:
    Pics! Pics! Pics!
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Cen said:
    Doesn't seem to be possible to add images without using URL on these forums. On other IRE forums I can just drag/drop a picture in this box and it is uploaded. How come it's different?

Edit: Alright, added to my DeviantArt. Meet Cen: curious, and somewhat cheeky, human Nanoseer.

http://fav.me/dbuw3s4 
    Very cool! You’re very talented! :)

What medium is that?
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • CenCen
    edited November 2017
    Thank you! I'm quite pleased with it. :awesome:
    I used a pencil-drawn sketch first as an outline, scanned it, and then drew the actual image up from scratch on top of that layer in Photoshop.
  • @Aurelius This is sorta coming up in another mud I play. Are Half-breeds possible? And what is the potential for body-augmentation?

I already know, inevitably, somebody is going to make a nekomimi or something and I'd like to know whether or not that'll be a thing here.

(I'm pretty set to be a Jin, so this is mostly a curiosity question.)
  • What do you mean by "half-breed". Like Maple and Willow? 'cause I love the way those Willows move. mmm.... could watch that all day.
  • That's the more tame example :P
  • Satomi said:
    @Aurelius This is sorta coming up in another mud I play. Are Half-breeds possible? And what is the potential for body-augmentation?

I already know, inevitably, somebody is going to make a nekomimi or something and I'd like to know whether or not that'll be a thing here.

(I'm pretty set to be a Jin, so this is mostly a curiosity question.)
    Nope, half-breeds aren't possible. Body augmentation will be quite limited!
  • II'm set on a Nusriza Nanoseer. I haven't decided which group I'll go to yet.
  • So far, I’m leaning toward Jin for race. Class is a bit more up in the air for me. Fury, with its recent revelation, is a strong contender. Before that I was thinking perhaps B.E.A.S.T, and might still go that way.

For the civilization I dunno. Scatterhome is what I’m leaning toward, but haven’t fully decided.
  • I like Scatterhome for it's more.. anarchic vibe. 
  • I've started considering Jhin more, this is a problem.
  • I've recently run into issues of my own on personal character concept. I really like the stuff written up for Jin, but now I'm torn between two concepts. First is a Jin who travels around that she can meet up with other Jin, the old and weak, and offer them a final, honorable battle with a skilled opponent to see them off. The other would be another race, not sure on which, raised by Jin, and following their beliefs. Hmm.
  • Human in Scatterhome hasn't changed but the class will depend on what they're all actually like to play, mechanics-wise.

I tend to enjoy classes with a lot of utility and different options. So while engineer or scoundrel sound great for the roles I'm dreaming up, I'll pick a class I enjoy using and make it for the role. 

• Actuallu moved from Ry'nari to W'hoorn Fury