Skip to content

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Great interview! Very awesome to see how not only is Laura experienced with building worlds in a text based environment, but also is clearly invested in making Starmourn come to life! Maintaining motivation to build a world, especially one that players can't enjoy yet, can be a challenge but the enthusiasm she has seems clear from the responses to some of the interview questions.

I do wonder if Laura also plays/enjoys Starbound?
  • I love Starbound!!!!
  • edited November 2017
    That was fantastic! Thanks, @Aurelius and @Eukelade ! :)

The part about the trees being tall and spindly because of gravity was super cool and also made me wonder if differing gravities have any mechanical effect. Is that something being considered for combat, movement, or just flavor/ambience in general?
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Qitorien said:
    That was fantastic! Thanks, @Aurelius and @Eukelade ! :)

The part about the trees being tall and spindly because of gravity was super cool and also made me wonder if differing gravities have any mechanical effect. Is that something being considered for combat, movement, or just flavor/ambience in general?
    Gravity actually does differ between planets, and matters, though almost entirely only for flight. You fall faster in heavy gravity, basically. That's about as far as we went to simulating it.
  • The tall, spindly trees was a stylistic choice I made when writing the descriptions...but as Matt says, it's roughly simulated with flight mechanics as well.
  • Well, that makes me want to play even more now! Thanks, both of you, for the look inside.