Skip to content

Race Poll

2»

Comments

• There are still only two votes for w'hoorn....
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • Will there be significant mechanical differences between races?
  • Nope! The staff said race is pretty much RP only.
  • edited September 2017
    The admin have stated in this thread that stats won't be affected by race, but there may be some RP utility added later. Tecton's original comment on it is here where he says that it will have no effect on combat balance.
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • I just have a thing about deathsight defences lmao
  • The Terran History Project has captured my interest...have to play a human!
  • The admin have stated in this thread that stats won't be affected by race, but there may be some RP utility added later. 
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
      I'm going on a rampage
  • edited November 2017
    Going human, no doubt. Good on the creation team for making the aliens very... well, alien but I can wrap my head around the human concept way easier.

Surprised there aren't any other "pretty" races seeing as player descriptions more often than not tend toward the beautiful rather than the ugly. Even trolls in Achaea were usually humanized in player descriptions to absurd degrees.
  • Really? I usually ugly up my characters. My faeling in Lusternia being an exception because (unless you're from Glom or Seren and can go dark) how do you ugly up a faeling?
    My Decheeran won't be pretty. It will be a beat up piece of driftwood. That's what bumming around the galaxy gets you.
  • No need to make a specifically pretty race when people will pretty up anything anyway. Better just provide a template that can go whichever way.
  • Much respect for those that go for the ugly/weird looks. Adds more character and makes things more interesting for sure.

I can dig the logic of a neutral template as well, though I'm not feeling that's whats being presented. These races are so out there that it's going to be hilarious to see what people come up with. Anything but maybe Jin or Amaians will be hard to write in a way that sounds pretty by human standards. 

Not saying I'm against the artistic direction here at all. It gives a unique flavor to the universe being built. Just surprised mostly.
  • I think that I shall never see, an Alien as lovely as a tree. (except the ones that are trees, of course)
  • I can see those W'room or whatever and the Tukhav being prettied up by people, too. The others not so much
  • edited November 2017
    I'm not sure that the other races would be considered ugly by their own standards. It's a good point to consider probably though since all of us players are of course human and will have our human biases.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
      I'm going on a rampage