Skip to content

Death in Starmourn

2»

Comments

• TCXTCX
    edited October 2017
    It's already been implied that the mind and body don't have to be the exact same because the EXP-devices (forgot the name...) are updated constantly (and you regain experience if you die and recover the body) while cloning facilities replicate your mind and body from only the last time you visited one. I assume even if you don't visit a cloning facility again for half your lifespan then die it would be the same.

Just request them to keep a copy of your young, 18 year old self instead of constantly updating with your current, wrinkly old body :pleased: no more dangerous and shady planetside rejuv treatments, and wrinkles.

• No one else sees wrinkles as a badge of honor?
  • The real question here is whether or not you retain the ability to drink like you were 24 when you're actually 84. 
  • 24, 84, kinda young to be drinking, aren't you? I mean, at 24 you haven't even uprooted yet.
  • I prefer the 'distinguished' look, rather than the 'decrepit' look..
  • Will cybernetics be a thing? Will we be able to purchase additional security for of we do lose our ship (like a suit that can survive am atmospheric entry)? Will there be large vessels with hangers you can launch personal ships out of or do droppods similar to ODST of the Halo world? IRE is mostly known for its fantasy games and I can see already space magic is going to be in the game, so I also hope there will be a true adherence to the sci-fi aspect rather rhan full space opera.
  • So it's like Achaea's death but slightly backwards. Instead of rushing you to the tree thing, you need to rush to your cortical stack for those precious few hours of memories.
  • edited February 2018
    magee101 said:
    Will cybernetics be a thing? Will we be able to purchase additional security for of we do lose our ship (like a suit that can survive am atmospheric entry)? Will there be large vessels with hangers you can launch personal ships out of or do droppods similar to ODST of the Halo world? IRE is mostly known for its fantasy games and I can see already space magic is going to be in the game, so I also hope there will be a true adherence to the sci-fi aspect rather rhan full space opera.
    Oops, didn't see this earlier. Starmourn is very firmly space opera!

Ships don't currently fit in other ships, though who knows if we'll do that in the future. There's no real reason we couldn't. 

Atmospheric re-entry won't be a thing in a spacesuit.
  • So it's like Achaea's death but slightly backwards. Instead of rushing you to the tree thing, you need to rush to your cortical stack for those precious few hours of memories.
    Yeah, exactly.
  • Aurelius said:
    So it's like Achaea's death but slightly backwards. Instead of rushing you to the tree thing, you need to rush to your cortical stack for those precious few hours of memories.
    Yeah, exactly.
    Would be interesting to see if people roleplay it. Like a case of "the Hangover" only instead of getting drunk it was death (which, honestly, isn't that the same thing?).
  • edited February 2018
    I've recently been watching Altered Carbon. It'd be neat if revival from death had that sort of disorientation/effect
  • I haven't seen it, but I LOVED the book trilogy. Highly recommended, though they have the most horrifying torture scenes I've ever read, I think. Like 13 years later, they still haunt me occasionally.