Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does wetwiring work?

TCXTCX Posts: 12Member
Everything I've heard about it is pretty much just: Cures your afflictions, was made by bushraki

Is it unlimited? Does it work immediately? Is it just like the autoaid in Lusternia, which applies certain items when afflicted (in arena only) or when under a certain amount of health/ego/mana

Comments

  • TNATNA Posts: 78Member ✭✭

    Offensive Stats

    • Strength - Affects your melee damage, including melee weapons as well as fists and feet.
    • Aim - Affects your aim with ranged weapons.
    • Psyche - Affects any kith abilities you use as well as anything mentally-based.
    • Techcraft - Influences how effective things like power armor are for you, as well as specialist tech like grenades, traps, nanoswarms, and so on.
    • Agility - Helps dictate how well you can perform abilities that are acrobatic or require lots of coordination.

    Defensive Stats

    • Lifeforce - Affects avatar max health.
    • Evasion - Helps you avoid attacks that can be avoided.
    • Mindsim - Helps you cure afflictions more efficiently with your wetwiring system.
    • Focus - Helps determine your max flow the same way that lifeforce affects max health.

    Should read the wiki.

    There will be no curing as you know it. It will instead be handled by your wetwiring via your mindsim stat. I assume sort of like first aid auto curing in ire. The better your mindsim stat, the better you heal is how it looks.

    Retherian
  • TectonTecton Posts: 254Administrator Starmourn staff
    It is always-on, and will cure your curable afflictions, restore your health, and some other combat-related functions. 
  • QitorienQitorien Posts: 190Member ✭✭✭
    When you say “curable,” do you mean to imply that there will be incurable afflictions or that there will be some hard or soft lock on curing depending upon afflictions? Or just being clear that it’ll cure curable afflictions?
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • TectonTecton Posts: 254Administrator Starmourn staff
    Qitorien said:
    When you say “curable,” do you mean to imply that there will be incurable afflictions or that there will be some hard or soft lock on curing depending upon afflictions? Or just being clear that it’ll cure curable afflictions?
    Some afflictions have time-based components, so it won't cure those
    Qitorien
  • TCXTCX Posts: 12Member
    Tecton said:
    It is always-on, and will cure your curable afflictions, restore your health, and some other combat-related functions. 
    Oh so mindsim is sort of like a 'constitution' stat that lets you throw off afflictions quicker? I assume it'll take a decent amount of time for the average mindsim stat player so afflictions actually have a chance to affect the player in a meaningful way (especially at early levels when players might only have one affliction creating ability), or does the wording 'cure afflictions more efficiently' imply that afflictions have levels of severity?

    I'm only familiar with afflictions from PvE Lusternia where I fought creatures that would give an affliction only for it to be cured immediately with firstaid - and the only time I was in any real danger was when I ran out of cures or if I had two afflictions that required the same action (apply a salve/drink a potion)
  • TectonTecton Posts: 254Administrator Starmourn staff
    TCX said:
    Tecton said:
    It is always-on, and will cure your curable afflictions, restore your health, and some other combat-related functions. 
    Oh so mindsim is sort of like a 'constitution' stat that lets you throw off afflictions quicker? I assume it'll take a decent amount of time for the average mindsim stat player so afflictions actually have a chance to affect the player in a meaningful way (especially at early levels when players might only have one affliction creating ability), or does the wording 'cure afflictions more efficiently' imply that afflictions have levels of severity?

    I'm only familiar with afflictions from PvE Lusternia where I fought creatures that would give an affliction only for it to be cured immediately with firstaid - and the only time I was in any real danger was when I ran out of cures or if I had two afflictions that required the same action (apply a salve/drink a potion)
    Afflictions are pretty different to how they are in other IRE games. The mindsim stat generally improves the capabilities of the mindsim system, but it isn't just a resist or anything so mundane. This topic is one that we'll cover in a lot more detail in the future.
    QitorienTNA
Sign In or Register to comment.