Skip to content

Iron Realms Open Source Mudlet GUI

Hello, Starmourners!

I am pleased to announce the inception of a new project targeting the second largest userbase in IRE (after Nexus): Mudlet!

With initial help from the Mudlet community (and a special shout out to Vadi), we have created the framework for an open source Mudlet gui!

The intention of this GUI is to mimic, as much as possible, the functionality provided by our Nexus client. To-date, we have the GUI Windowing framework, but not implemented the internals of any of the tabs. That's where the community comes in!

You can find the project here! Fork the project, add functionality, and then create a pull request! After submission, your pull request will be reviewed (currently, by me, but tentatively by other members of IRE as well).

If you implement functionality outside of the functionality available in Nexus, your pull request may be rejected - our goal is to have a package that lets people jump into the game, but not give them a particular advantage over out-of-the-box Nexus users.

Once the project has a good amount of functionality implemented, it will be available for automatic installation via an in-game command.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here, open tickets on the project, or email me at eoghan (at) imperian (dot) com.

Happy coding!

Comments

• I just want to say that this sounds AWESOME!  <3
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • Leaving this here so I could be updated.
    I'm Vianou, by the way.
  • Is this only for people at level 75, i.e. Starmourners? :-p
  • Joscelin said:
    Is this only for people at level 75, i.e. Starmourners? :-p
    God no!
  • Joscelin said:
    Is this only for people at level 75, i.e. Starmourners? :-p
    I see you. I hear you. I appreciate you.

That was funny.
  • I tried to install this UI via the package manager today.  the package manager just blinks after install/open of the download.  Is there anyone out there that could fix this issue for me?  I'm willing to donate some credits to your cause if need be.  Please give me a holler.
  • I extracted the zip for this and got it to load in the package manager, but could not find any way to use it.  I did see this at the end of Iorwerth's post at the beginning of this thread.

Once the project has a good amount of functionality implemented, it will be available for automatic installation via an in-game command.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here, open tickets on the project, or email me at eoghan (at) imperian (dot) com.

looks like it's not ready yet to use.
  • Soza found my problem with this and the UI is working.  I am having issues with the map populating, but I'm still working on my profile to see if I can figure it out.  I've downloaded the mapper in Settings/Mapper.  I can see the drop down list of areas in Starmourn.  but no maps pop up, even if I click on an area in the drop down list.

• rench said:
    Soza found my problem with this and the UI is working.  I am having issues with the map populating, but I'm still working on my profile to see if I can figure it out.  I've downloaded the mapper in Settings/Mapper.  I can see the drop down list of areas in Starmourn.  but no maps pop up, even if I click on an area in the drop down list.

if you look in your scripts section, does mudlet-mapper pop up/do you have the mudlet-mapper package installed in your package manager?
  • Nykara, yer a genius.  I had the generic mapper loaded.  Loaded up Mudlet Mapper.  Thank you very much!!! 
  • Been working away on this. Have chat, health/resource bars implemented. Chipping away at the rest of it, should be submitting it at some point this week.
    I play Cervantes. Approach me for RP IF YOU DARE. Just kidding. I love RP. Please approach me!
  • tark said:
    Been working away on this. Have chat, health/resource bars implemented. Chipping away at the rest of it, should be submitting it at some point this week.
    Any progress on this? :)
  • edited January 2020
    Hey! I've submitted my pull request to have my stuff added to the main branch. In the meantime, you can start using it directly from my personal branch if you want. https://github.com/ronh3/MudletUI
    Right now, for class resources, I've only really implemented B.E.A.S.T. and engineer. The other three classes will stay blank. I'll get to fixing this once I create a few throwaway noobs to get the various lines and what not that I need. All you have to do to install is download it, unzip the zip you'll get, and import the ire-ui.xml file into Mudlet. Let it flash and stuff and do its thing, save and close the profile, then re-open it. Should work after that.

Launching your ship will swap your map to the starmap. Docking will put you back to the regular map, which will show the last non-ship room you were in until you disembark. You'll need the left side to be a certain width to accommodate the starmap and starchart for the moment. Going to be working on cleaning up everything I implemented, making stuff Starmourn specific, and adding comments before I start working on more of this. It's fugly right now, not gonna lie. All those stupid color boxes.

MAKE A NEW PROFILE TO TEST THIS WITH PLEASE, I DON'T WANT MY STUFF TO ACCIDENTALLY EAT YOUR STUFF! Make sure you get rid of the generic mapper too!

I play Cervantes. Approach me for RP IF YOU DARE. Just kidding. I love RP. Please approach me!
  • honours tark
    That's not someone you can check the honors of.

Tried to thank you in space but cant' seem to find ya.  Worked exactly as you said it would in your instructions.  Thank you very much!!

• Oh, occurs to me if you don't have signatures on here, you wouldn't see it. I play Cervantes.
  • Added support for Nanoseer, Fury, Scoundrels with the vitals bars. Got rid of the flakking obnoxious colors that the kind folks who did the orginal GUI layout made. This will enable the rest of the gauges to load if you play any of those classes, sorry for the delay! https://github.com/ronh3/MudletUI is where you can get it from. As before, for now

MAKE A NEW PROFILE TO TEST THIS WITH PLEASE, I DON'T WANT MY STUFF TO ACCIDENTALLY EAT YOUR STUFF! Make sure you get rid of the generic mapper too!

I'll be looking into adding a prompt to things so it'll let you know in the client that I've updated, and give you the option to type in a command to update it. Since it handles GUI stuff, that may be funky, but that's what testing is for! Look for that in the next update, along with some of the other boxes to start working. Any issues, please message me here, in game as Cervantes, or just reply.
  • Is this still being worked on?
  • Sorta*
    *: I finally finished my degree earlier this month, and once things slow down around the house a bit (like that'll ever happen, but a guy can dream!) I'm going to start making and pushing changes to this again to get it rolling along. So keep an eye out =)
  • Hey, is this fully functional yet? I miss my mudlet!
  • Asked about this on the Discord, apparently it's been in development hell for the last while and it'll likely continue to stay there sadly.
    I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.