Skip to content

Announcements post #193: Pilots - we need your help!

Subject: Pilots - we need your help!

Hello everyone,

Today I have been tinkering with incursions. As most of you are aware, they were a little unbalanced, and also the medium incursion type was slightly pointless as corvettes were able to do hard incursions.

I have been trying to balance it so that:
Easy = Interceptor
Medium = Corvette
Hard = Destroyer

I ~think~ I have made them a little more balanced (i.e. the hard incursions are harder etc). But my brain is now made from elessium clouds and I need to not stare at incursions anymore for a small while.

There also may be an imbalance between organic mobs and ship mobs, but that's okay I think as there should be.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU ALL is... please test them! If you find any bugs or imbalances please use the syntax BUG INCURSION_TEST <text> so that I can find them easily!

Before you all jump on me - yes there are other things in the works too, but balancing and fixing existing ones has to happen first, so the sooner we get this done the sooner we can bring you more exciting new things!

Go blow daka up.

Damiel (pew pew)

Comments

• Here's a report of me vs a Legendary incursion:

It was a Vonikin Krel one, so non-organic ships. I arrived late when the incursion had 15% time left, and managed to take down roughly half of what was available. Each ship was 5% enemies so I assume it was 20 enemies total. Got 10 of them.

Difficulty: I was in a battleship and didn't feel like I was in any real danger, BUT it's meant for a cruiser so no surprise. The enemies got me to 40% shields at one time thanks to the battleship's fun turning speed. They hit for 750 shields/hull and seemed to have about 4k shields (and ~2k hull) each.

Rewards: Got 4% exp at captaincy level 50. Earned 15k marks. Enemies drop cargo (batteries, repairkits) so funnily enough I ended up net neutral in terms of battery expenditure.

Overall pretty good if you want to make space combat your main source of cash in this game. Definitely way better than what we had before, good job.
  • edited March 2021
    Hards are easy to mildly hazardous in my destroyer now. Legendary orgs are doable, ships get dicey esp if they dodge an MC3 hit or three.

Finally upgraded to cruiser, and it helps a lot for legendaries. Slightly more tank, a lot more dps to chew through the spawns. The turn time hurts since they're pretty nimble ships, as does the fairly high miss rate on MC3s, but it's still faster and less risky. Battleship would def be overkill and a pain with the turn speed.

Overall:
    As far as the generic PvE grind for space goes, they're in an okay spot. The value is good, the spawn system means it's generally always available.

Criticisms/Suggestions:
    I'd still like more variety in the enemies.
    Wouldn't be mad if the ships were more like fighting real ships.
    Hate that they can spawn outside of the zone if you're too close to the edge.
    Maybe a 3rd legendary.
    Buff Cleax to be harder with a bigger reward if there's only going to be 5 of them for the effort of flying out there.

My other issues aren't really with incursions themselves, so leaving them off of this.