Skip to content

Announcements post #183: Changes to Ships.

edited January 2021 in Announce Posts
Subject: Changes to Ships.

Made a few changes to ships today, namely:

- Tweaked the power capacity for destroyers slightly upward across the board
- Added a new shipsim for superhaulers
- Superhaulers will now handle SLIGHTLY better
- Superhaulers will now come with a medium weapon slot.
- There are also some new Destroyer, Cruise, and Corvette superstructures available for purchase from Serenity Forgeworks and Vertix Luxury Systems. They are expensive, but their stats have been significantly boosted.

If you run into issues with the changes don't hesitate to file a bug, more tweaks coming soon.

Comments

• wheeeee!

[Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • Really awesome idea, also I like the new superstructures. Closes the gap on auction ships without surpassing them for PvE and PvP. HOWEVER, I have already filed a bug report :D
  • I too like the new superstructures, but the destroyers are hobbled by the lack of a ShipSim large enough to generate enough cycles for all the slots/power.

Idea: premium components. Much like the premium hulls, add in premium engines, shields, and shipsims to make use of all the extra halons and slots.
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • "And for the 30k Marks pledge you get--"
    "Silence, flakker! I do not wish to be deadly anymore.... I just want to be happy."

I have had a hell of a time online today, and this is the culmination of that.
    I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.