Skip to content

Engineer deconstructing things?

Is there a command for Engineers to deconstruct things to get the parts back? Would there be any benefit to deconstructing a bot you made at a lower level then building a new one?

Comments

• SALVAGE <gadget> and DISASSEMBLE <turret> both do it and give back some parts, but in practice you usually want to use your workshop or learn Airdrop in bots to get parts faster. There's no benefit from disassembling and reassembling your stuff; it scales to your level and gear automatically.
  • What about deconstructing bots? Is that possible at all? When looking at my carrybot it says that it's weaker than me.
  • edited December 2020
    It looks like there was a deconstruct ability recently added to bots, but strangely it says I need -460 lessons to get it.
  • The number shown is the number of additional lessons you need to invest.

[Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • Actually I should have specified that it says I need a negative number of lessons. The post has been fixed.
  • it should update properly if you go invest a single lesson with your tutor, i think this is what happens when a skill is added early in your tree that you didn't actually learn before.
    I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.
  • edited December 2020
    Ikchor said:
    it should update properly if you go invest a single lesson with your tutor, i think this is what happens when a skill is added early in your tree that you didn't actually learn before.
    Actually after investing enough to gain a new ability in bots the number is even more negative and I still don't have the deconstruct ability so it is definitely bugged.