Skip to content

A Plea for B.E.A.S.T.

I am writing this letter to beg for mercy for the B.E.A.S.T. class. This is not satire or sarcasm; I am being 100% sincere.

Let me begin with a history lesson. For the first 27 days of Starmourn (from launch, until Jan 11, 2019) there was a concept in the game called 'limb damage'. This concept allowed everyone but Scoundrel to give the mangled left/right leg/arm afflictions, which prevented attacking and standing (as appropriate). Further, they dealt 5%, and were cured like normal by wetwiring. Now, anyone who thinks about that for a few minutes can probably see why it was so terrible. However, when those abilities were removed, most of the classes got some sort of balancing pass to replace what they lost in some way or another.

Most. But not B.E.A.S.T....

When limb damage was removed, POUND was functionally removed as well. You can't pound unless your opponent is prone, and it was very impractical to prone an opponent and keep them there if there was no affliction that would do so. B.E.A.S.T. lost its ability to burst for 7% muscular, which was the only thing keeping it on-par in any given subsys race. BEAST has been suffering for the last 1 Year, 10 Months, 28 days. Now is our chance. Now is the time to make reparations for injustice.

My proposal, which is a simple one, is thus: let POUND work off of an entangled opponent, without them being prone. Entangle is fairly easy for BEAST to give, and being able to POUND off of it would 1) add a lot of the theme back to the class (HULK SMASH is a very real power suit fantasy), 2) give BEAST back some semblance of a chance in the subsys race, and 3) just feel so damn good.

Don't you want to be on the right side of history?
-Nykara, B.E.A.S.T. fanatic

Comments

• GUILE TRIP
    GUILE BIND
    SUITTECH POUND
  • edited December 2020

Steve said:
    GUILE TRIP
    GUILE BIND
    SUITTECH POUND

You listen here mister!!!!
    ETA: That's okay though, that scoundrel could do a whole lot more with their time than set up a BEAST to pound & that BEAST should be railgunning you anyway.
  • edited December 2020
    Nykara said:

Steve said:
    GUILE TRIP
    GUILE BIND
    SUITTECH POUND

You listen here mister

Whatever do you mean, Nykara? I simply wanted to point out that scoundrel can also deliver the entangled affliction/effect/whatever it's technically called in this case.
  • Paging @Senzei and @zersiax ! Let's take a look!

• I've said it before and I'll say it again:
    Scoundrel has ieds
    Nano has mindswap
    Fury has Unstoppable
    Engi has shards/magnetize/magnotron
    ... every class has a way to pump up the heat on their main subsys path. Ignoring the relative strengths of musc over the Internal/Mind routes of Scoundrel and Nano, BEAST needs the help of POUND to compete, else it'll remain a damage cheese class.
    Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.
  • After consulting people..........

Entangle now works with BEAST pound. Change is live.
  • The right side of history!!!