Skip to content

Shoot tips

Hi! I'm Laura in game! (I changed my name and it didn't update on here.

I've been playing some of the other IRE games and finally caved and checked back into Starmourn after I saw the promo that it had going. I was around for release but I've long since forgotten my character. 

I am primarily interested in how to level efficiently, role-playing, commerce, and light combat. Any tips?

Comments

• The best way of earning money is to increase your overall level, or your Captaincy level through ship based gameplay, if that is your preference.

With higher levels, you are able to take on more challenging PvE combat, which earns you more money. My advice would be to start with your overall level, by hunting using your class abilities. You can type AREAS to see a list of areas suitable for your level and as you kill things within those areas and complete quests there, you'll advance towards the maximum level of 75. It is a little grindy, but that's to be expected in these types of games. It is a marathon, not a sprint, just keep at it and you'll get there!

Once you have a few levels under your belt, you'll have earned a fair amount of money just getting there, which will allow you to purchase the next tier of ship, the Corvette. These have a nice balance of firepower and movement that allows you to really get stuck into the space part of the game and you'll find yourself earning even more money for your time if you excel at it, but it isn't as easy as using your class abilities and killing things on the ground.

Roleplaying is as simple as hanging around with other folk, talking on your faction channel, FT <message> and generally getting involved with any of the events. There is a dance competition this weekend, I believe, and a music/performance festival the weekend after, that the players have arranged. You can read more about these in the public section of the news, NSTAT will list all the categories.

Beyond that, once you've got yourself established and more familiar with the game, you can branch out to crafting, stocking a shop, pretty much anything else the game has. If your light combat request is regarding fighting other players, you can try that at any time, but having more overall levels increases your health and thus, your survivability, so I would recommend getting to at least 50 before attempting this. You will also have more skills to use in your fights.
  • Roilla said:
    Hi! I'm Laura in game! (I changed my name and it didn't update on here.

I've been playing some of the other IRE games and finally caved and checked back into Starmourn after I saw the promo that it had going. I was around for release but I've long since forgotten my character. 

I am primarily interested in how to level efficiently, role-playing, commerce, and light combat. Any tips?
    For daily credits and for easy marks try space incursions. Especially the Leviathans and Devourers in Easy and Medium. And talk to your faction! They usually have easy ways to make marks. And when you're ready for combat look up Jaidyn in-game and I'll happily give you the basics.