Skip to content

Comments

• FINALLY YES!

Also, the class sounds really awesome. I love the whole battleflow and rage, that sounds like something really cool to see. T'is dope.
  • edited October 2017
    What's the instakill? Will the swords work like Blademaster swords, where they're made with special names, or is it just a general type of sword you can buy anywhere but only a Fury can use correctly?

With the addition of all attacks working against denizens, will some attacks/set of stances work better against different types of mobs? Can we change the color of our blade? 

Why is it the hardest to effectively play?
  • They're general types of swords, though it's the star kith user that turns them into kith blades. They definitely aren't alight on their own.

There's no plan to have different attacks work differently against different types of mobs. One thing to point out generally is that while most attacks work against mobs, that's not the same thing as saying that there's a reason to use most attacks against most mobs most of the time. Bashing is still going to end up being fairly rote, because there's not actually a way around that. (However, on that note, we intend you to have to do less bashing here that in, say, Achaea.)

We could have you change the color of your blade, but it'd all be colors achievable by heating metal up really hot. 
  • Ooh, that's really awesome. I'm glad to see a kith focused class! I am very curious though, will there be a separate class for the other kith type? I'm at work right now so I'm not certain on the exact name, but it's the sort of void aspect flavour. 
  • Nanoseer works with void kith. @Amondrask

• So many colors to choose from!!

Image result for color spectrum of hot metal
  • Archer said:
    So many colors to choose from!!

Image result for color spectrum of hot metal
    Really just the reds, oranges, and yellows would work for our purposes. Blues, purples, blacks are more void kith-y.
  • Love love love!
    That is all..
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • I'm ready to make five characters to read through every skill and then, after intense deliberation and maybe some alcohol, deciding on a class to RAVAGE THE GALAXY with!
  • Kinda curious about how stances might work on a higher level.

Like, would they form a rough cycle that you transition through... like a > b > c > a  with each part of the cycle having a few different options.
    Maybe the opener, combo, finisher/three-part combo style?

Oh and like, would every single ability you can use be it's own separate command? (Like, the upward slash that takes you into ember stance being a sepecific command.)

Or would it be something like... "slash" outside of a stance does the upward slash, then "cut" from ember stance does the leg cut, but if you did "cut" then "slash" it'd do something different (cause you'd be doing cut outside a stance and it might take you into a different stance)
  • edited October 2017
    Sairys said:
    Kinda curious about how stances might work on a higher level.

Like, would they form a rough cycle that you transition through... like a > b > c > a  with each part of the cycle having a few different options.
    Maybe the opener, combo, finisher/three-part combo style?

Oh and like, would every single ability you can use be it's own separate command? (Like, the upward slash that takes you into ember stance being a sepecific command.)

Or would it be something like... "slash" outside of a stance does the upward slash, then "cut" from ember stance does the leg cut, but if you did "cut" then "slash" it'd do something different (cause you'd be doing cut outside a stance and it might take you into a different stance)
    The stances are roughly cyclical, since you can't maintain a stance indefinitely, but it won't be a preset order, as you'll want to use different stances to apply and maintain effects that impact your efficacy. 

Each ability is its own command that has a set stance requirement and stance transition.

• I am Groot
    (Well the post isn't specific enough, but it doesn't actually say what the stances DO, meaning they don't have to be additional attacks but things like temporary buffs, status effects, bonus damage, etc. Just that New Stance = Currant Stance + Battleflow Attack. This means that some stances can be gained based on different combinations instead of being a linear (a -> b -> c -> etc) but more like (a -> b/c/d, b->e/f/, c -> d/f/i/j, etc etc) . Plus some stances (probably high-level ones) will have fewer combinations to be able to reach them.

I'm more curious about Fulmination, as it's description is kinda bland and doesn't really give me an idea of what the skill does other than "you use it to attack with but not in the combo". All the descriptions of the class skills in the blogs don't tell much but at least they sparked my imagination of what it could be...)

• Oh nice! So my take from what you've told us, there will be different sets of combos that you use for different buffs/debuffs/type of hits! so like using attack A, then attack B, then RAGE(based on the stance the normal hit put you in), and then attack C and attack C would debuff? Or as an alternative combo, attack B, attack A, RAGE, attack D and attack D would give a buff?
  • Either that or doing a rage available from B stance gives a debuff(to simplify), and a rage move available from A stance would give a buff/whatever(to simplify).

I guess if I were to ask a question it would be, do the rage arts give the various effects, or do the stance attacks?
  • I am Groot
    (Rage seems to me to be more of a combat utility skill. The description seems to be about buffing your character, adding status effects, or changing the environment. And given what @Tecton said above:
    Tecton said:

The stances are roughly cyclical, since you can't maintain a stance indefinitely, but it won't be a preset order, as you'll want to use different stances to apply and maintain effects that impact your efficacy.
    I THINK the stances aren't actual attacks by his quote, but idk at this point)
  • oh sorry, I meant to say attack that changed to a particular stance. like attack A would give, say, low stance, and attack B was performed only due to low stance now being active
  • Hrm, I think I'm assuming that stancing gates certain things (possibly because all the stance mechanics I've seen are either you are in a stance you set or you are flowing through them to do different attacks).

but maybe that's not a thing?
    If not, it seems like each attack could just be used whenever and that moves you into a stance which then has a follow-on effect.

Which, if there are less stances than attacks, could mean you could use an attack to bring yourself into a stance repeatedly?
    But, if it's like Lusternia's monk stances (but more free form) then maybe they give you a buff that lasts for a certain amount of time?

So you cycle into a stance that gives you a damage buff, then into one that gives you a defense buff, then on to one that slaps a debuff on your next target, and then back into the damage buff to refresh it?
    With enough stances and incentive to use them, you may even have down times. Like, is it more important to have those buffs/debuffs up 100% of the time, or can you let them drop to 80% uptime but you get an extra buff/debuff in your cycle.
  • That description might change my class choice, @Tecton
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • Okay, that makes sense! I'm also curious to know if the class will have a lot of different debuffs? I mean, it is a flaming sword and all.
  • Rothare said:
    Okay, that makes sense! I'm also curious to know if the class will have a lot of different debuffs? I mean, it is a flaming sword and all.
    Let's just say, it will take a lot of skill to play it to it's utmost. You can play it to about 60 - 75% pretty easily, that last 25% will make you work for it.
  • Sometimes I hate that I'm a perfectionist lol in my mind, that's basically saying, "be the Fury!"
    Thanks for the info though, Tecton.
  • That's really interesting that I could time my 'rip them apart with my steel hands' instakill to my enemy being in a jumping stance. I'm imagining just plucking Yoda out of the air while he's jumping around me...
  • will there be training dummies so i can practice?  
    There's too much blood in my caffeine system
  • Swords + Magic!
  • uric17 said:
    will there be training dummies so i can practice?  
    Rats
  • Khargal said:
    uric17 said:
    Space Rats
    Fixed
  • bairloch said:
    Khargal said:
    uric17 said:
    Spice Rats
    Fixed
    Fixed again
  • Khargal said:
    uric17 said:
    Space Rats

• Khargal said:
    uric17 said:
    Space Rats