Skip to content

First Impressions: Game, Community, Developers

Hello again! It's a-me! I hope you're all doing well.

It's been a few days, and I've got time on my hands, so why not give first impressions (and a few shout-outs)?

---GAME---
The game itself, while in open beta, is extremely impressive and well done, with intriguing lore and immersive roleplay experiences, with a death system that makes sense.  :p There is much to do, and so far I have encountered few bugs, and the only one I found (The official OOC tag // isn't working in tells for me; it says I am saying nothing) isn't even crippling by far. The economy could use work as well as space mechanics (especially for a way for ships to communicate effectively, I'd personally love that), but overall the game is excellent for its development stage.

---COMMUNITY---
Special shoutouts to @Steve , @Solus , and @Woodro for their excellent roleplay skills!
The community is wonderfully kind and helpful and admittedly took me by surprise with its kindness. I didn't expect everyone to be so kind towards someone who has depression, especially online. The understanding expressed made me feel so relieved and honestly, you guys already feel like old, close friends to me.

---DEVELOPERS---
I have had few interactions with the developers if any that I'm aware of, but from what I've seen on the forums, you guys are wonderful! I like seeing attentive devs who are not only vigilant but polite and receptive to feedback. I used to hold Hello Games in the highest regard for that attitude, but the Starmourn devs surpassed them already!

Keep being amazing everyone, I platonically love you all!
Name: Vundara
Faction: Scatterhome
Class: Scoundrel
Race: Nusriza

Comments

• Well let me help you out. Have you done CONFIG SEPARATOR? It is probably set to /! Change it to something else and hopefully all will be well. (I am assuming you are playing on the web client; also check your settings in the gear in the bottom right, there might be a client-side command separator)... unless you mean you're trying to do //message here, without tell steve in front of it, in which case: we don't have any of that! There are no official OOC channels in Starmourn. You can try out the cesspool clan (join cesspool) if you're after that kind of thing!
  • Nykara said:
    Well let me help you out. Have you done CONFIG SEPARATOR? It is probably set to /! Change it to something else and hopefully all will be well.
    Oh, of course, thank you!
    Name: Vundara
    Faction: Scatterhome
    Class: Scoundrel
    Race: Nusriza
  • Thank you! It is great to have you here with us. I look forward to seeing you grow in SM! We have a lot to offer the MUD community. The game still has rough edges but, for its age I am very happy with it. Lot's to grow still and great things still to come! 
  • Thanks! I'm glad that you're enjoying playing SM! It'll only get better over time, I hope you'll stick around for a long time to come!
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Do you like things up your ass? Is your record clean? Are you looking for a job in the near future but not right now? Smuggle drugs for Solus and get stuffed across the galaxy."