Skip to content

Artifact Ideas

124»

Comments

• I would very much like a Distortion Field artifact to return my ability to become invisible, for RP purposes, as it has been a big part of Poet's character development. I'd be fine with it being limited in some way. Such as 60 seconds of invisibility with a 1 hour cooldown, or some such.
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • I too would like something like this, as long as it didn't work in combat. Duration could be longer
  • n1nj4 said:
    -snip-

ill break it into bits here
    1.) an item to drag targets into a room (much like the skill engineers have)
      While I think this would be cool so other people could do it, I feel like the point of class diversity would be less with something like this around, I could for instance say something like I would enjoy a Quicksand arti that allowed my class to quicksand.

2.)an item that allows you to locate a target
      I believe furies have the best form of track in uncharted areas, with firewalk. but inside of all tracked areas nanos have nano relay, and of course the Bounty hunters have hacking of the bounty terminal and locate, I think this could be a decent fray contract reward though, giving it to a reusuable arti seems a bit strong.

3.)an item that removed you from qw/who (and the API of characters online)
      This item while I know the implications are good, but it makes the game seem less populated to new players and likely shouldnt exist. On the other hand for a sudo same effect as this, you can farm up the fray contracts rewards for the heafty 5000 impersonation.

4.)an item that increases the speed of ww efficacy regeneration
      I am suprised that a fury would suggest something like this, as it hurts your class the most, with the way it is ww efficacy coming back faster hurts any class that focuses multiple subsystems.

• I for one like that I do not have some nosy bugger constantly watching my location who is ready and waiting to pounce on me when i'm in supposedly a "restricted area" and am now "trespassing" in their "sovereign territory". Find another way to spy on me you double-oh dweeb :V
    I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.
  • edited January 2020
    Thanks for the suggestions people. As previously stated, some of these won't happen.

I'd like to keep giving out class skills to a minimum, but I'm not completely against it. I'll think about the artie that lets you drag people into a room. Has some implications. I've given out heartstart as an auction artie, so you can see how rare a thing it is.

Stuff that hides you from QW/WHO won't happen and neither will abitilies that let you locate people who don't want to be found. Bounty hunters can locate other players and I feel like they need it and it's warranted. There will probably be abilities/arties that help you locate allies or people who are already in the same area with you. That is fine.

Invisibility will exist in the game in the future but most likely with a class that makes more sense to have it. (dun dun...)

Also, keep artie suggestions coming!
  • Guess I'll have to save those credits towards multi-class then. :)
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • Ilyos said:

Invisibility will exist in the game in the future but most likely with a class that makes more sense to have it. (dun dun...)
    Scoundrel guile conceal buff confirmed
  • Any plans to make the 1600 classheal artifact do a tad more? It does +3% which kind of breaks my wittle heart. Also maybe a bounty hunter only artifact that boosts the ability to find people on ships? Like at least the quadrant or the station they are docked at would be nice
    Character: Necerursh
    Class: B.E.A.S.T. | Engineer | Fury
  • Ikchor said:
    I for one like that I do not have some nosy bugger constantly watching my location who is ready and waiting to pounce on me when i'm in supposedly a "restricted area" and am now "trespassing" in their "sovereign territory". Find another way to spy on me you double-oh dweeb :V

We're always watching.
  • Ahem.
    Find another way to spy on me you double-oh dweeb :V
  • Band Camp - allows you to play all musical instruments, one at a time
  • I'd like to see more illusion artefacts. The ship one is nice, but it would be cool to do it in other places as well. Being able to illusion for performances was one of my favorite parts in Achaea and limiting it to the ship feels restrictive of performance gatherings or having to switch permissions to do things. Restrict it to non-combat use?
    (I haven't looked into the performance situation so I apologize if this is addressed there already, if it isn't maybe it could be?)
  • edited March 2020
    There was/is a promo item that allows you to do illusions outside of a ship, forget what it is called but it's like a little ball or something? (It's also incredibly obvious that it's an illusion, so there's little to no combat utility to it at all) Normal performances like the ones outside of a concert, where you just do it in a bar/cantina/tavern/nightclub and it gives some predone emotes are scripted. Concerts aren't. You can do illusion performances in a concert, it's how they be.
  • Ikchor said:
    There was/is a promo item that allows you to do illusions outside of a ship, forget what it is called

Neuroprojector. 10 charges. Resetting. I like mine a lot.

But yes, a gig/concert has free-form emotes with colors.
  • Ship Ammo Fabricator:
    -Attaches to a ship, 3hr cooldown on attaching.
    -Has a 'type' that doesn't change. Thermal, Em, ecta
    -Any weapons that use this type of ammo reload directly from the fabricator, removing the need for ammo to be carried. (And making sure you're not just dumping free ammo into the system.)
  • A cultured flower pot

Allows you to design a flower's attributes. Once approved, the pot blooms the specified flower every few months. Allows for only one submission.

A cultured flower garden

Allows you to submit upto 5 flower designs. Once approved, the pot blooms a random flower from the list every few months. Blooms at twice the speed for normal flowerpots. 
  • Space station datalink artifact is pretty neat but really slim on features. Now that we're getting more station missions, it might be cool to expand that artifact's uses to other kinds of station missions.
  • Autofactory/refinery artifact - Diversification Simchip: Lets you operate one more type of factory.
  • Admittedly a little bit of power creep here, but mostly QoL stuff. Also you can tell where name creativity failed me, sorry.

• durability_upgrade: Increases gear durability by one level (consumable)
    • resistance_<type>_L1-3: Increases damage resistance for <type> by 5/10/15%
    • huddle_enhancement: Increases Skirmishing Huddle efficacy to 60%.
    • quickdraw_enhancement: Decreases Skirmishing Quickdraw cooldown to 20s.
    • jogging_enhancement: Removes balance cost for Exploration Jogging.
    • vision_enhancement: Removes balance cost for Exploration Glancing and Squinting.
    • mark_enhancement_L1-3: Increases the Exploration Mark duration to 30/60/120 mins.
    • space_uber: From any station transfer dock, you may call a direct transport back to Omni or your factional station. (cannot be used in combat or from enemy territory)
    • space_lyft: From anywhere on a planetary body, you may call a direct transport back to the orbiting station. (cannot be used in combat or from enemy territory)

Honestly I'd love the last two to just be features in the game at no cost, but, transport/accessibility artis are IRE staples.
  • edited July 2020
    Next advertisement medium:

[Edited for extremely massive inflatable tube person. Imagine a normal sized tube person here, please. Thanks!]

• Azlyn said:
    <snip>
    I really only think a few of these would become a problem
    1.) removing glancing/squinting balance cost would make people just script auto glance in every direction upon moving rooms.
    2.) mark enhancement, the moment you purchase a level 1 upgrade here. This ability is just better than nanoseer mark/return.

also quickdraw balance cost is a super cool idea, but as a fury who only has to have a kithblade, why not just wield both kithblades you need, and unwield one when you need to switch to the other one, quickwielding when you wanna switch back, and then unwielding again ad infinitum.
    If myopathy is your problem here, just remember there are some classes that have to wield two weapons that get unequipped every time the myopathy ticks.

also beast should be able to switch weapon_damage_3 arti between weapons without unmounting.

I would however enjoy some class specific artifacts. (my names will be terrible)

engineer: bot AOE proofing, bots become immune to aoe damage.
    fury: shapechanger removes bal cost of shaping weapon. (This should help with the quickwielding and allow some good on the fly strategies)
    scoundrel: bug lifespan makes bugs last until killed or bug owner goes dormant (honestly im not sure why scoundrel bugs only last 10 days.)
    nanoseer: ice immunity, makes nanoseer immune to groundfreeze(might be just their own groundfreeze, might be all tbh idk why this isnt just a base thing)
    beast: (I actually dont know much about beasts so maybe some beasts can pitch in and come up with some?)
  • Cause my previous jab at the adkbaz adverts died in a corruption related incident, and Soren asked: