Skip to content

Quality of Life Wishlist

Comments

• edited October 2019
    Also, for STATION SHIPS, I'd also like to be able to search for ships of a particular short name, long name, or by name of the character. I don't know which I'd prefer, though if a ship is registered to a character, it should not show up in a search by that character's name if there's that one artifact that does the thing.

Edit: you know the one.
  • edited October 2019
    for the SF UPLOAD command to show up somewhere, preferably in the SF command list if you have access to it

[IMPLEMENTED]
  • If you've completed the epic arc, add the ability to repeat it, with quest rewards disabled.
    Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.
  • edited October 2019
    Bringing this up again:
    • We really need an AGREE prompt for any sort of transactions in the game, including PROMO MARKET BUY and CREDITS BUY x AT y, because it can result in some serious buyer's remorse, especially when you get an ID wrong in the promo market or typo an extra 0.
    [IMPLEMENTED]

• Rhindara said:
    Bringing this up again:
    • We really need an AGREE prompt for any sort of transactions in the game, including PROMO MARKET BUY and CREDITS BUY x AT y, because it can result in some serious buyer's remorse, especially when you get an ID wrong in the promo market or typo an extra 0.
    How to buy a very, very expensive casket, in a nutshell. SURPRISE!

• Steve said:
    Hide the ships of inactive players from the STATION list of ships.
    [IMPLEMENTED]
  • Rhindara said:
    Bringing this up again:
    Also [IMPLEMENTED]
  • Could we see about adding a Time Remaining [until quest timeout] in QUESTS?
  • INVCAT system from other IREs would be nice to sort one's inventory into categories!
    Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.
  • So, hacking contracts. I know the rewards haven't come out yet, maybe this will end up being one of the perks you can spend get, but...

The cooldown on contracts being 12h suggests it's intended as a 2x per day thing, but obviously that doesn't work out since it will keep getting pushed back later and later.

Eg. At 1:00pm I grab a contract, and finish it at 1:15pm. Now my next contract can only be grabbed at 1:15am, and when I finish it at 1:30am, I'll be able to grab the next at 1:30pm.

So the cd is basically being pushed all the way around the clock, which sets it to non-ideal times, and hopefully this is not the intention. This can be reset simply by purposely waiting, but...why can't it just have a 10 or 11 hour cooldown instead?

Indeed, I think I saw this here earlier, but the same principal should apply to all cds like this - subtract 1 or 2 hours so that the activity can actually be done at the intended frequency.
  • eel said:
    So, hacking contracts. I know the rewards haven't come out yet, maybe this will end up being one of the perks you can spend get, but...

The cooldown on contracts being 12h suggests it's intended as a 2x per day thing, but obviously that doesn't work out since it will keep getting pushed back later and later.

Eg. At 1:00pm I grab a contract, and finish it at 1:15pm. Now my next contract can only be grabbed at 1:15am, and when I finish it at 1:30am, I'll be able to grab the next at 1:30pm.

So the cd is basically being pushed all the way around the clock, which sets it to non-ideal times, and hopefully this is not the intention. This can be reset simply by purposely waiting, but...why can't it just have a 10 or 11 hour cooldown instead?

Indeed, I think I saw this here earlier, but the same principal should apply to all cds like this - subtract 1 or 2 hours so that the activity can actually be done at the intended frequency.
    Well, there is an artifact that reduces the cooldown to 8 hours already.

But one suggestion is perhaps it could be changed from once every 12 hours to twice every IC week, e.g. once every 24 hours in the same way that the World Wheel thing works. With that twice being either twice consecutively, one every 12 hours or whatever.

Then the artifact could be adjusted to let you do three every 24 hours, etc.

I am curious as to whether the artifact stacks, though. If you have two of them, does that change your cooldown to once every 4 hours? If you have three, would it become a 0 cooldown?

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• I'll take the cooldown thing into consideration and no, the artifact doesn't stack. It doesn't decrease the cooldown by X, rather sets it to X. Having more than one is redundant.
  • edited November 2019
    The ability to rename a shop category rather than remove/remake it would be helpful. Not that big a deal, it's just a bit of a pain if it already contains items.

Also, the ability to:

TT SHOP <name> SELL <thing> FOR <marks> <categoryname>

Rather than having to first stock, then categorise.

— Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• In addition to:
    • Increased Experience Gain
    • Increased Hacking XP Gain
    • Increased Captaincy XP Gain
    • Increased Stats
    • Increased Damage against mobs
    • Increased Ship damage
    Allow people to also purchase:
    • Increased faction rank
    Using report slivers from CAC task completion.

It doesn't have to be a lot. Like 1%? So you can gain a maximum of 5% a day grinding these; faction favours would still count for a lot more. But I think it'd be a nice incentive, as well as encouraging people with too many marks to invest in a marks sink. 

— Oscar Wilde

— Margaret Atwood

• It would be really great if 'Say to' checked for a valid target. That way if you typo or your talk target leaves the room you aren't left looking like an idiot.

[Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • You can already just use SAYTO to target says at people. If your target isn't there, you won't say anything. This way, you can still 'say to tell you the truth' or whatever without it saying 'who the hell is tell you the truth'.
  • edited November 2019
    Rhindara said:
    You can already just use SAYTO to target says at people. If your target isn't there, you won't say anything. This way, you can still 'say to tell you the truth' or whatever without it saying 'who the hell is tell you the truth'.
    ok, so I am an idiot. I had no idea that existed in that fashion. Help say shows it the other way though, so maybe take SAY TO out of the help file and just leave SAYTO.  
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • What about a small influence gain from storing stuff in faction? Like 5 influence for every 10 items or something small like that?
    I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.
  • A 'Crystal required for maintenance' field in COSMPIERCER ENERGY.
  • Could we get a SPIN STATUS or SPINS command to tell us how many and what kind of spins we have available? It would be awesome if it also said how much longer we needed before our next free one, too.
  • Marriage status not showing 'Divorced' or god forbid 'Divorced (x)' would be amazing, since I don't see a reasonable function for it except marking people with badges of 'shame' or something, which is a pretty outdated concept. Shit happens and you shouldn't be labeled for it.
  • edited November 2019
    • Highlight or color player names in WHO list, so they don't get lost in the lengthy titles people give themselves.
    • A baked-in alias for the XENOZOOLOGY command, maybe XENO or XZ. This one is not terribly urgent for me since I made my own alias, but it could ease the stress of a newer player.
    • Lifts! 1) Automatically make us KEY LIFT when we enter a lift. 2) Position lifts in a direction so we can just walk onto a lift as if it were a room instead of ENTER LIFT? 3) Related: Can we call a lift by bumping into the direction of the closed lift? 4) Can we get pushed out of the lift automatically when we reach our stop, the way station transfer shuttles do?

Example:
      You see, "There is a lift here to the northwest," so you go NW.
      You enter the lift if it's there (or bump into the call lift button if the lift is elsewhere) and automatically see the available stops upon entering.
      You enter your stop number, wait a moment, then automatically exit and arrive at your destination.

With this suggestioin: 2 or 3 very short commands to operate lifts.
      With the existing system: 4 or 5 commands.

• I know it's noted in the pattern itself, but it would be great if you could just PROBE a wearable to see what slot it's worn on.

Also, for a more elaborate QoL, a list type view for worn items? I just prefer seeing things as lists.
  • I'd be down for something that shows what garments take up what slot, including class wearables. My surprise was palpable when my new satchel conflicted with my jetpack back before it was stated what went where, then my new duffelbag conflicted with my trenchcoat. I understand wanting to keep people from wearing six different coats and having twenty different containers on them, but like there's some stuff that is conflicting that I don't think should.
    Like belts and pouches. Maybe make containers their own slot, and have up to 3? (course then what's to stop people from wearing 3 packs, I guess. Answer: We refer to them as pack-mules.)
    I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.
    • This has been asked for before, but we could use some kind of command to see what resources we have waiting for us on which planets after triangulation or designation, as well as how long we have to pick them up (if there even is a time limit, I don't think it's ever explained).
    • If it exists and I'm just missing it, let me know, but we desperately need some form of DECAYLIST so that we can take stock of our items and when they decay.
  • Player API:
    - Include Hacking/Captaincy level.
    - Remove 'age' field, as it's not accessible anywhere properly IC and rejuvenation allows people to conceal their age for RP reasons.
  • Would it be possible to tweak the syntax for the Xenozoology Databank?
    Currently, we need to do "XENOZOOLOGY DATABANK [ID]".
    This often results in me scrolling up and down to look for the ID of the creature I'd like to read about.

It would be more convenient if it were "XENOZOOLOGY DATABANK [CREATURE]".
  • Can we get a mark subaccount that factories feed into and draw from? I'd love to see an actual earnings report
  • edited December 2019
    Now that deaths are happening a little more frequently, a READLOG DEATHSIGHT would be really useful to keep track of them.