Skip to content

Binge Watching in Space

edited November 2019 in Roleplay
TV, we all watch it. There's some attempts at making tv a possibility in Starmourn and we have old Earth movies but what other channels/shows are out there?

Basically music ideas, but for tv shows. What is there to binge watch in space?

edit: Just realized this should probably go in the Commsphere category. Whoops.
I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.

Comments

• edited November 2019
    "Rekt" - Battlebot style show, Engis putting their drones up for tournaments.

"Kith the Cook" - hosted by a fan of Shulamit's cooking style, attempts to expand on what's been done.

"Xeno Hunter" - GCEPS funded nature show, similar to Crocodile Hunter

"Dumb Flakkers" - Group of misfits doing dangerous stunts for laughs. Usually results in dying due to ineptitude or sabotage by another misfit. Sponsored by HETE.

I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.
  • Albion would watch a show where bushraki get fed to rapasu worms all day.

• "Ancient Aliens": An informative history program about the Elders Races, who they are, and where they came from.
    Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.
  • Back to Earth — Popular in the Belt, a science-fiction show that reimagines the departure from Earth through a highly fictionalised lens, in which humanity's survivors utilise a combination of time travel, intergalactic politicking and guerilla warfare to escape captivity, salvage the earth before/after its destruction (time travel) and conquer the galaxy, fighting Empyreals, Shen, Nabians and Vonikin Krel alike. The show has been highly criticised outside of the Belt for poor portrayal of other cultures, for its implausibility and numerous plot-holes.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• edited November 2019
    Vows Broken — A scandalous, deeply controversial show that provides a fairly accurate insight into the intricacies of Shen culture. It follows the story of a young Shen woman from a highly wealthy Great Family, who is betrothed to another young Shen from another Great Family. In the early episodes she does indeed wed him, but it's made clear that they don't truly love each other nor have any chemistry. She then begins to plot her escape from Janilyn, spawning numerous love triangles and then trapezes. The show tends towards the dramatic with multithreaded plots of betrayal, assassination and shady back-dealings, including a now-famous scene in which the Prime Elder is poisoned at his dinner table mid-speech, which has turned into something of an intergalactic political meme, code for wanting to silence a figurehead you dislike.

Although praised for its costume, set design and musical score (excluding one rather unpopular episode in which they chose to overlay a vital scene with an aetherscape-inspired composition), it is extremely unpopular among the elderly Shen demographic, who think it promotes a very immoral message to younger Shen and represents a dangerous break from tradition.

Needless to say, it's much more popular consequently among younger, less traditional Shen, and has an intergalactic reputation for being daring and binge-worthy.

It is based on, but has since departed from the plot of a datashard.

— Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• Dare Dare — a popular Elgan game show that invites celebrity contestants from all over the galaxy to win big, though most contestants are then invited — and out of cultural respect, choose — to share and redistribute that wealth to the EU, to other contestants, or to a project of their choice. Half the fun is seeing where people choose to give their winnings in the end. It's pretty wholesome.

— Oscar Wilde

— Margaret Atwood

• I need more coffee to come up with a clever name, but I'd want there to be a nanite construction show in which nanites make things appear out of thin air by constructing them.
  • Steve said:
    I need more coffee to come up with a clever name, but I'd want there to be a nanite construction show in which nanites make things appear out of thin air by constructing them.
    In theory nano can build anything if given proper instructions, so much like Junkyard Wars where the contestants were given a project- "Build a bridging machine!" but it's apprentice nano coders. Can they make the item in question or does the nano run wild and eat the lab?!
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • "Ganks of New Dikamazi." A gritty docu-movie following the saga of Oldtown, Tsake Shayato and the rest of them and the setting up of New Dikamazi. 
  • I actually meant gangs... but ganks also works 😂