Space obstacle courses & race courses that grant captaincy experience.
I read that someone wanted to raise captaincy without fighting. Proper maneuvering is as big a part of captaincy as combat and the resource economy, so I think we should get captaincy experience for skillful displays of maneuvering. Specifically, single-person timed obstacle courses where you race the clock to maneuver a tricky course randomly filled with obstacles you must avoid and some you can destroy OR race courses where you race other players in tournaments.
- A method of gaining captaincy experience without combat.
- Incentives for new players to practice their ship movement, indirectly encouraging them to set up ship reflexes.
- A new ship spec will emerge, the racing ship, along with mods geared for racing.
- Growth of the player economy due to racing ships and the racing tournaments.
- Reflexes will pretty much be required to participate realistically.
- Difficult to implement.