Skip to content

Quality of Life Wishlist

Comments

• edited September 2019
    The message system is bad in regards to selling things as well from stores. I will wake up to "You have like 400 new messages" because someone bought a lot of powders. So many powders. All the powder the universe has to offer.

I like selling powders. I like designing them. I like making people high filled with food.

I do not like deleting messages one at a time.
    [IMPLEMENTED]

• Can WEAPON LIST INV be sorted by slot like ARMOR LIST INV

Trying to compare lines across various weapons not listed serially is quite tedious. ARMOR LIST INV is so much easier in comparison.
    • An AGREE prompt when buying credits off of CREDITS FOR SALE.
  • Super Extreme Agree - Let us dictate an account for factories to pull/place marks.
  • Being able to scan, target lock and shoot ships by using player name as the variable. 
  • Windup attacks showing the mob number doing the attack 
  • So, I'm not sure if this counts as QoL level change, but since multiclassing into a second class, and having to pick up below level gear since there's nothing of the appropriate level available in the various trade terminals, I got to thinking it would be nice to be able to set your loot type to class loots. For instance, if I'm running engi, I could enter LOOT CLASS B.E.A.S.T. and get beast drops instead of engi drops.

Balance wise, I'm not sure if it should apply to only classes you have invested the minimum lessons into to be locked into the class or if it should be a free for all. But sure would be nice to hunt up a set of gear at a decent rate vs using a level 60 weapon against level 75 mobs.
  • Please make it available for all classes, regardless of lesson investment. I'm sure there's some people who'd love to fish up gear for their friends.
  • Big thanks to the Admin for going through these, lots of great changes!

- add a standard message to all windups, in addition to the flavor text (like "You sense <mob> winding up to REKURFACE!1!11!! ya dig"), so you aren't punished by encountering new mobs or bad trigger patterns.
    - NEWBIEWHO
  • edited October 2019
    Quality of life yayyy. More:
    - GMCP Cooldowns.List/Add/Remove
    - A deployed turret ..., your loyal companion, has been slain by ... Add the numerical ID to this message. [IMPLEMENTED]

Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.
    • It would be helpful if somewhere in a design the number of characters allowed for each field was listed.
    • And maybe if looking at the design pattern also showed what kind of fields that design has available?
  • It could be helpful to make ship target lock 360 degrees as well. Ship beacon works 360 degrees, one would think sensors could work 360 degrees as well.
  • I'm going to say this less nicely than Rhindara, but hope it's taken constructively. The churn of changes, bug fixes, and added content has been really impressive, but there's noticeably much less zeal in updating the relevant help documentation. The amount of times I've had to search through old news posts and even Discord conversations to remember tweaks or clarification tidbits is maddening. Having a player-driven HELPMOD NEW is a great initiative, but I think it just needs to be plainly said that it would be great if the Admin made it a priority to update documentation along with change announcements, as much as practical (or outsource it to players, as long as someone is pointedly responsible for it).
  • edited September 2019
    Outsourcing HELP file updates would work if coordinated with a HELPMOD NEW, a list of priorities for files in need of updating, and someone responsible for seeing the files get written. I'm confident people would step in to help if they received guidance and structure.

(In other words, +1 to Rhin and Azlyn)

edit: clarity
  • Unfortunately, school has consumed all my time and I can no longer prop up the Octavia clan as a helpfile repository :( But if someone wants to give it a go, just contact me and I'll grant the relevant permissions! :3
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • Allow us to create org positions with multiple words without the use of underscores. 
  • Speaking as a general Storyteller, please feel free to message me about specific helpfiles, or just straight up TYPO them. I'm all about it but less good at keeping up with which ones have actually been updated or not.
  • Please give us some way to view sent messages. o:)
    IG: Sunny Sol'lun of Song <3
  • Can the ability to upload datashards to faction repository be moved/copied from the 'repository' permission to the 'datashards' permission? Leave the repository with the ability to remove or delete entries and edit the topics as needed, but restricting uploads to one group is kinda limiting.
    I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.
    • List the in-game date in CONCERTS under the 'When' column, with the days until in parentheses.                                                                  
    e.g.
    ---------------------------------< Concerts >----------------------------------
    ID         Band                              Venue                    Price                    When
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1   Freighting Guppies          Lamentations                 6                  2nd of Mega (7 days)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • This is a little more involved, but it would be great if there were a way to optionally add a blurb to a concert's info (CONCERTS #), like 'This is our debut of our new song' or something. 
  • Before I forget - Gmcp for ww efficacy. 
  • edited October 2019
    • Add a new column in HONORS LIST for 'Feature', with a Yes or No value
    • Additionally, add whether or not an honors is featurable in HONORS SHOW <honors>
    [IMPLEMENTED]

• Server-side queueing for hacking.
    Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.
  • edited October 2019
    Consider things with 24-hour-interval cooldowns to have, instead, slightly less. Quests, arte powers, wildernesses, etc. For those of us who like to have routines, 24-hour things make this difficult. Also, consider mod shipments: 6 days and 12 hours, rather than 7 days, so I know I can reliably do them every Sunday.

[IMPLEMENTED for wilderness]
  • An addendum to HELP CELESTINE, HELP SONG and HELP SCATTERHOME listing the names of their respective storyteller. Some of us have shitty memory and cannot remember names well...

Or a new file called HELP STORYTELLERS, explaining their roles and who they are.
  •  
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • An ID field for MARKET OFFERs