Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mining, Tukkav, and Others

2»

Comments

  • ShinonomeShinonome Posts: 32Member ✭✭
    Aurelius said:
    Qitorien said:

    I'd like to reiterate that I'm not a fan of estates (or similar) which are nearly or completely impregnable.
    There'll be no player housing other than ships when starting out, but ultimately, if player housing is not basically 100% secure, nobody will ever use it for anything except temporary hanging out. If it's not able to be made 100% secure, there is a near 100% chance that it will be broken into and anything you put in there stolen.

    Theft is a very difficult issue in multiplayer games.
    ...Why does housing have to be a pvp system?

    As others have noted, it can have plenty of functionality in its own right...
  • WilmerWilmer Posts: 25Member
    Do the Shen's horns count towards their height?
    Pedagogical rumors of rumors fuel the cosmos
     
  • ZionZion Posts: 50Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    @Aurelius

    As a Ry'Nari, could we be/take inspiration from any type of lizard (like a gecko vs komodo dragon vs t-rex), or do they all generally look like t-rex/raptors?

    Or any type of reptile, really?
  • ZionZion Posts: 50Member ✭✭
    Will every player have a codex of some sort? Since there's no magic or anything except kith, which is different, no telepathy or anything? 

    I'd personally love to have a little text tablet-phone thing. You use it to text, send mail, call (Maybe a different color than texting, and you can put it on speaker for everyone around you to hear!), look up other people, etc. Take small notes or logs, which you can send to others. Read the news. Media (dude it would be awesome if there was some sort of news channel where big events are recorded and you can "watch", submitted by staff, just like Events Posts, but they write it like it was a news station). Set reminders. Do quick math. Jeez, there is a ton of cool stuff that's possible, and not only for RP.
  • ShinonomeShinonome Posts: 32Member ✭✭
    Zion said:
    You use it to text, send mail, call (Maybe a different color than texting, and you can put it on speaker for everyone around you to hear!), look up other people, etc. 

    ...This reminds me of some cheesy RP mods I played with back in my middle/high school days. In a game with 'say' that has a radius... you'd call someone, talk, and it would be transmitted to the other person... and anyone standing *really* close could overhear what was coming back through the phone.

    Would be a neat alternative to the usual 'tell' system.
    Zion
  • QitorienQitorien Posts: 190Member ✭✭✭
    Shinonome said:
    Zion said:
    You use it to text, send mail, call (Maybe a different color than texting, and you can put it on speaker for everyone around you to hear!), look up other people, etc. 

    ...This reminds me of some cheesy RP mods I played with back in my middle/high school days. In a game with 'say' that has a radius... you'd call someone, talk, and it would be transmitted to the other person... and anyone standing *really* close could overhear what was coming back through the phone.

    Would be a neat alternative to the usual 'tell' system.
    Ohhh, I like the “overhear” idea. An addendum could be to set the volume of your SAY or maybe even a mini game to determine the volume. That would probably get irritating after a while if you just wanted to have a normal conversation, though, if it was every SAY.
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • ZionZion Posts: 50Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Qitorien said:
    Shinonome said:
    Zion said:
    You use it to text, send mail, call (Maybe a different color than texting, and you can put it on speaker for everyone around you to hear!), look up other people, etc. 

    ...This reminds me of some cheesy RP mods I played with back in my middle/high school days. In a game with 'say' that has a radius... you'd call someone, talk, and it would be transmitted to the other person... and anyone standing *really* close could overhear what was coming back through the phone.

    Would be a neat alternative to the usual 'tell' system.
    Ohhh, I like the “overhear” idea. An addendum could be to set the volume of your SAY or maybe even a mini game to determine the volume. That would probably get irritating after a while if you just wanted to have a normal conversation, though, if it was every SAY.
    I was actually just thinking a little simple thing so that a person could speak to everyone in one location while they're in a different location.

    The owner of the device would input something like "call Qitorien" and the 'text (tell)' would change from yellow to maybe a light blue. Instead of doing "text Qitorien I was born on a pirate ship", you'd do "say I was born on a pirate ship", and then Qit would hear it through the phone and anyone in the location would hear you. Like an actual phone call. If he wanted to, he could input "switch to speakerphone call" and so everyone could hear Qitorien say "I was born on a chair." and everyone who used "say" would be heard by Qitorien through the phone. 
    Qitorien
  • TNATNA Posts: 78Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Zion said:
    Will every player have a codex of some sort? Since there's no magic or anything except kith, which is different, no telepathy or anything? 

    I'd personally love to have a little text tablet-phone thing. You use it to text, send mail, call (Maybe a different color than texting, and you can put it on speaker for everyone around you to hear!), look up other people, etc. Take small notes or logs, which you can send to others. Read the news. Media (dude it would be awesome if there was some sort of news channel where big events are recorded and you can "watch", submitted by staff, just like Events Posts, but they write it like it was a news station). Set reminders. Do quick math. Jeez, there is a ton of cool stuff that's possible, and not only for RP.

    I would think that most of this accomplished via the mindsims and commsphere?

    ETA - http://wiki.starmourn.com/Mindsims

    They act as personal data storage, connection to the commsphere, personal assistant, and perhaps most importantly, a back-up for an individual's memories and personality.


  • ZionZion Posts: 50Member ✭✭
    Qitorien said:
    Shinonome said:
    Zion said:
    You use it to text, send mail, call (Maybe a different color than texting, and you can put it on speaker for everyone around you to hear!), look up other people, etc. 

    ...This reminds me of some cheesy RP mods I played with back in my middle/high school days. In a game with 'say' that has a radius... you'd call someone, talk, and it would be transmitted to the other person... and anyone standing *really* close could overhear what was coming back through the phone.

    Would be a neat alternative to the usual 'tell' system.
    Ohhh, I like the “overhear” idea. An addendum could be to set the volume of your SAY or maybe even a mini game to determine the volume. That would probably get irritating after a while if you just wanted to have a normal conversation, though, if it was every SAY.
    I was actually just thinking a little simple thing so that a person could speak to everyone in one location while they're in a different location.

    The owner of the device would input something like "call Qitorien" and the 'tell' would change from yellow to maybe a light blue. Instead of doing "tell Qitorien I was born on a pirate ship", you'd do "say Qitorien I was born on a pirate ship", and then Qit would hear it through the phone and anyone in the location would hear you. Like an actual phone call. If he wanted to, he could input "switch to speakerphone call" and so everyone could hear Qitorien say "I was born on a chair." and everyone who used "say" would be heard by Qitorien through the phone. 

    I'm not sure how difficult that would be to code, but I think it'd be pretty cool to have. Business calls on speaker, threat calls, etc etc. I'd use it a lot.
    QitorienTNA
  • ZionZion Posts: 50Member ✭✭
    Stupid thingy.
  • AureliusAurelius Posts: 317Administrator Starmourn staff
    I love the idea of 'speakerphones'!

    ZionQitorien
Sign In or Register to comment.