Can't wait!

Comments

• yeah, they don't want super characters to suddenly come in 

• My first comment:

Omg omg omg. 

Thats it
  • Sagex said:
    Bandus said:
    I've never played an Iron Realms game before, but I'm still really excited about Starmourn! The lore seems extremely interesting! 
    Ire games are amazing, they are really well done from a mechanic and set up and to be part of any early one is a lot of fun because you get to craft how other players will see the game

Definitely glad to hear that! I know they have been around for quite awhile so I am excited to finally find one that grabs my interest!
  • Ugh it's getting close! So excited!!
  • Excited to get back into a mud. I used to play Midkemia Online, as some of you can probably tell by my username, but never really got attached to any of the others, especially since they made starting a character so difficult. Didn't realized just how relatively easy leveling was in Midkemia Online towards the end until I tried the other ire muds.
  • Ugh i need a new computer....i cant wait to explore space! 
  • edited August 2017
    Selador said:
    I miss Midkemia. Hurry up and fill the void!
    Same! I played Genomin and a few other lesser known characters. Haven't really played any MUDs since it closed. Can't wait for this to open!

for questions about Retirement, the official word on the MkO Forums near the end was that they weren't sure yet if it would be allowed in Starmourn. I haven't seen anything different up to this point 
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • im so effing excited! ive played ire for something like 16 years and ive been waiting for this.
    I'm gone.
  • saturnine said:
    im so effing excited! ive played ire for something like 16 years and ive been waiting for this.

That is a good chunk of life, you seem excited! 
    Ataniiq
  • I don't know if I'll ever be able to invest like I could on Achaea (and even that was a small amount) but I am excited to delve into the stories that will be created!
  • soo excited, been hanging out for a good scifi mud for years. Even have some of my rl friends who haven't played muds before considering joining at launch.
  • Honestly, not allowing retirement credits worries me.

Would we be able to apply those to our already-established characters at least right when they start being legal? Because I wouldn't want to 'waste' a bunch of time having a char and then wanting to come in with retire credits.. @Aurelius

• Devina said:
    As someone who's played all of the IRE-produced games (for various periods of time), I'm excited. I'm excited for something new, I'm excited for something different. I was a smidge nervous when Achaea was mentioned, because Achaea (though I had an excellent time there in Mhaldor and as kooky Maerwen the Jester) isn't always RP-heavy and is quite combat-heavy (something I have never been good at). That said: what I've seen so far has been very interesting. It's unique. It's titillating.

I'm salivating a little, that's how excited I am for its eventual release. I might even retire an unused character for it.
    As long as I get to fly, wether it be combat or RP reasons, they have my vote of confidence. Giddy to get my hands on a ship, even more so to put it through its paces.
    Zhill says, "Drats."
    You say to Zhill, "Thanks anyways! I'm gonna go break more things!"
    Zhill tells you, "You show'em!"
    You joyfully tell Zhill, "I sure will!"
    You laughingly tell Zhill, "Or I'll die horribly! Ahahaha!"
  • I've played all of the IRE games, mostly Lusternia, but this will be my first one I start from the very beginning. I was around when Midkemia launched, but that never really spoke to me. Been waiting on a sci-fi IRE game for a long time.
  • Cookie said:
    Devina said:
    As someone who's played all of the IRE-produced games (for various periods of time), I'm excited. I'm excited for something new, I'm excited for something different. I was a smidge nervous when Achaea was mentioned, because Achaea (though I had an excellent time there in Mhaldor and as kooky Maerwen the Jester) isn't always RP-heavy and is quite combat-heavy (something I have never been good at). That said: what I've seen so far has been very interesting. It's unique. It's titillating.

I'm salivating a little, that's how excited I am for its eventual release. I might even retire an unused character for it.
    As long as I get to fly, wether it be combat or RP reasons, they have my vote of confidence. Giddy to get my hands on a ship, even more so to put it through its paces.
    You will be able to fly lol, don't worry. 
  • Sagex said:
    Cookie said:
    Devina said:

You will be able to fly lol, don't worry. 
    You will indeed! And piloting one will feel -completely- different from Lusternia's aetherships or Achaea's sailing ships. 
  • You will indeed! And piloting one will feel -completely- different from Lusternia's aetherships or Achaea's sailing ships. 
    That right there excites me, because since I'd heard that you guys opted for two dimension space instead of three, I figured it'd just be a rehash of aetherships.
    I play Cervantes. Approach me for RP IF YOU DARE. Just kidding. I love RP. Please approach me!
  • Aurelius said:
    Pollivar said:
    Honestly, not allowing retirement credits worries me.

Would we be able to apply those to our already-established characters at least right when they start being legal? Because I wouldn't want to 'waste' a bunch of time having a char and then wanting to come in with retire credits.. @Aurelius

Yeah, if we were to allow retirement into Starmourn we'd allow people to apply them to established characters for that reason.

This I'm okay with. 
  • Can you speak to the combat? I've only ever played Achaea for muds.  
    Will it have the same style... like momentum and prep?

Or have you thought of a completely different way to do it?  I really love what you guys did in Achaea, and I love that you guys are working on Starmourn now.

Wuhuu!!
  • I'm really looking forward to this release. I have played a decent amount of Lusternia, though a long time ago... and have never started at the beginning of an IRE. I wonder if I'll be able to keep up with everyone this time around. Looking forward to getting into it!
  • Very exciting indeed!

Most important question though... When and How! Is the forums a sign it could be soon :chuffed:
  • I'm excited and worried, to be honest. Worried that it won't live up to the hype. But excited because... 

Well clearly I'm just a fail bot, because I have no idea how to actually insert a picture of the Too Damn High meme guy. But the hype is too damn high. Which may be a good thing.

• Demarcus said:
    I'm excited and worried, to be honest. Worried that it won't live up to the hype. But excited because... 

I'm fairly positive that at launch it's not going to live up to some peoples' high expectations. A major thing to consider if you play our other games is that they've been under constant development for between 13 and 22 years. Starmourn's been under development for less than 2 years. 
  • Aurelius said:
    Demarcus said:
    I'm excited and worried, to be honest. Worried that it won't live up to the hype. But excited because... 

I'm fairly positive that at launch it's not going to live up to some peoples' high expectations. A major thing to consider if you play our other games is that they've been under constant development for between 13 and 22 years. Starmourn's been under development for less than 2 years. 
    I can live with that. It's the potential that's most exciting me. :)
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • I have faith in IRE.
    Ataniiq
  • as long as it's not like midkemia and exist in beta for 3+ years i'm ok with

• Amondrask said:
    Jericho said:
    Ashed said:
    Been waiting a while for this. Might Retire a few chars elsewhere, though cannot part with my mains...=/
    See, are we going to be able to retire to dump into a new character for Starmourn? 
    I believe, and don't quote me because my memory is as reliable as a bucket with not bottom, but- Pretty sure they won't be allowing the transfer of retire credits to Starmoun for the first while, at the very least. I vaguely remember that being mentioned when Midkemia was shutting down, and people asked about it then.
    I think I will wait to retire anything, mainly because I am not sure what class is going to be right for me yet. And dumping into say a Scoundrel or BEAST when I find Nanoseer is my fit would just depress the hell outta me.

But ya I can't wait. Normally on Lusternina but this is gonna be a great change (being sci fi and all)