Skip to content

Announcements post #72: Planetary Exploration Now Live!

<pre>From: Starmaker Eukelade
Subject: Planetary Exploration Now Live!

Greetings, Space Explorers! We're excited to announce that our newest feature for exploration month, "Planetary Exploration" is now live. Throughout the wild places of the galaxy, in the most remote corners of planets (and possibly even some asteroids), you will find access points leading to the untamed wilderness, places chock full of the resources and minerals that the survey industry and mining corps haven't managed to find yet.

Things to Remember:

- These wild places will probably be full of creatures nobody has ever seen before - and they might not be too happy to see you - so be careful!

- Bring triangulation devices with you when you go exploring so you can locate resources and commodities. These devices are now available in all three faction cities (and some other locations) for affordable prices!

- Be aware, the location of these wilderness access points may shift and change according to the whims of nature - so stay sharp, and never stop exploring.

- It is tiring to wander through such uncivilized wilderness, so you will have to wait a little while after exploring one corner of the galaxy before you can explore another.

- Have fun! </pre>

Comments

• Not nearly halfway through exploring it all, but what I've seen so far is fantastic. The resource stuff is cool too, I guess.
  • Instead of a way to get ship based miners and planet side bashers to coordinate we have a system that forces bashers to go mine or miners to go bash.
  • 1. How long do the bounties last (like, for how long a time can I pickup or designate something)?
    2. Can we get a list of what have triangulated so far and where? For example, 4 iriil from the Ixsei wilderness, 9 titanium from Saksar, and 3 helium11 from Prugita can get confusing fast.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • Kitrana said:
    Instead of a way to get ship based miners and planet side bashers to coordinate we have a system that forces bashers to go mine or miners to go bash.
    What? How did you come to that conclusion? There's nothing forcing a 'basher to go mine or miner to go bash'. I don't mine and I just did my first exploration and I could let someone else from my org pick up the resource found.
  • Jerom said:
    Kitrana said:
    Instead of a way to get ship based miners and planet side bashers to coordinate we have a system that forces bashers to go mine or miners to go bash.
    What? How did you come to that conclusion? There's nothing forcing a 'basher to go mine or miner to go bash'. I don't mine and I just did my first exploration and I could let someone else from my org pick up the resource found.
    I never meant to implied bashers couldn't or are forced not to. but the general sent8iment i tend to get is that people who aren't already mining aren't interested in doing so for whatever reason. I came to the conclusion i did based on the rewards i've heard given out for the prospecting missions. A single rock or a partial scoop of gas. better then nothing but it doesn't really get me excited. I was expecting this to be a sort of point of conflict. with enough resources being found that it would miners, and ship combat, dog fighter types to want to grab as much as possible and prevent others from doing the same. instead we got what we got.
  • Can we have all exploration-related commands listed somewhere? You can only check them when you are in the wilderness or when you finish triangulation, which can be annoying when later you want to pick up the resource cache (or let another player take it) and can't recall the exact syntax.
  • I am enjoying it all so far, but not being much of a space-goer, I mostly wander around triangulating just for fun, and not picking up the resources. The main deterrent to me for doing anything with pickup, asides from not really enjoying flying around slowly in space, is that (1) I forget where stuff is, and what it was that should be picked up, and (2) sometimes no one else is around who has interest in picking up stuff. So it kinda sits there, forgotten, and I can't even designate it to anyone.

Do you think we could get some kind of command to show all stuff waiting for pickup, and where? (And maybe even how long it's going to be there?) WILDERNESS PICKUP LIST?
    And then, maybe a command to designate everything on that list to someone else? Like WILDERNESS DESIGNATE ALL <person> or something?
    I rather hope we have ~24 hours to pick stuff up, too, that way we can essentially designate stuff for asynchronous pickup, since currently the population isn't all that booming in some factions. It would be really neat if a faction had like a few people who are just the pickup crew, and would just fly around coordinating a pile of pickups!

Might also help us feel better about getting like 3 units of a thing, if we can manage to generate a larger pile of it, from multiple people triangulating within the same day! Even if the resources are just randomized (vs specific planets giving specific resources), with a larger list of stuff to choose from, the pickup folks can essentially plan a route with like one scoop out for X gas, and drop off asteroids as needed.
  • There's a 24 hour cooldown on each wilderness exploration so I assume you also have (RL) 24 hours to pick up the goods. Hopefully that's the case.

I also remember that when exploration was first announced, the devs promised we'd have a low chance of finding a very big cache that would trigger a PvP scenario - everyone would be able to pick those resources up, probably after conquering some points on the wilderness map, just make sure to remove the opposition first. At least that was the idea but for now we're not seeing anything like that. I hope that gets introduced later because it's a smaller scale PvP scenario and IMO sounds more fun than cosmpiercers.
  • It was confirmed on the discord that the pvp part has not been implemented yet, but is coming.
  • ok so i can confirm that resources found will not stick around more more then a day. can we get that changed? that way we could pick up multiple finds and not waste scoops on less then half a bloody scoop of material.