Skip to content

New Dikamazi and Time-limited content

First and foremost, let me say, I love basically everything about New Dikamazi. The people, the content, the culture, the scaling encounters, the quests, all of it (Even though that junkie took a petal from me for nothing!), but I'm very  curious why the unique features in ND are time limited?

There's some absolutely golden stuff there that I feel would be wasted if it's just lost after the event is over. (I'm also unsure what exactly counts as "Unique Event Features" that will be leaving? The scaling? The Drops? The shops? 

In any case, I feel that, instead of this being something new that eventually becomes "obsolete" (I use this in as neutral a term as I can, I am not saying that the area will be worthless without the event status, but just "moved past") that maybe instead, certain areas just work like this as an access to cultural drops and scaling equipment. You could make it sub-optimal compared to punching above your weight when hunting so it's not the "best" place, but these unique mechanics are something I feel should be encouraged, not just time limited.

Comments

• I think, but obviously this is speculative, that they mean the Bushraki-themed loot drops will end but not disappear from player inventories. At least, I hope they won't disappear, because that would be seriously awful for a large part of the game to suddenly lose gear.
    Seriously, though, fuck that junkie.
    I'm gone.
  • I'm a little split on that. I don't think that the nature of the area itself should remain (the scaling to level so everyone can bash there. I hate it; I Have enough competition when I'm hunting as it is!) but I do think that stuff should continue to drop; I love the themed objects. 

My opinion of this will change when you release equipment augments that adjust a piece of equipment to look like a certain brand, IE give me the ability to slot a transmogrifier into my Rhodium 400x to make it look like a S3C0NDSH07 please
  • Nykara said:
    I hate it; I Have enough competition when I'm hunting as it is!) 
    But if it stays, and there are MORE scaling areas, wouldn't that mean there's -less- competition?
  • One thing that helps is the spawn rates here seem extremely high.
    I'm gone.
  • There are certainly no plans to remove items from player inventories after the event. As for the rest, we'll think about it, and as always, appreciate your feedback!!
  • I'm honestly just confused as to which parts of the area are time-limited. All of the features seem like stuff that could be kept around indefinitely (although I could see some of the quests changing as the plot develops?) and the bashing is, mechanically, full of big innovations that I'd love to see continued in future areas.