Skip to content

Announcements post #62: Explore New Dikamazi!

<pre>From: Starmaker Eukelade
Subject: Explore New Dikamazi!

IC: In the Iota system, in neutral space, a fledgling colony of Bushraki settlers has been discovered on a newly inhabited asteroid. Named New Dikamazi, after their lost homeworld, the colony appears to have no immediately malicious motivations - though there are several elements of the area that might be considered hostile to outsiders. Historians and xenologists muse that it is the first fully Bushraki settlement to spring up in some time, the cyborg race previously having been even more homeless than humans. Time will tell how New Dikamazi effects the galactic landscape, but for now, its impact appears to be confined to its boundaries.

OOC: For the next few weeks, we invite Starmourners to enjoy what New Dikamazi has to offer, from new quests and monsters to the items available to be found, purchased, and consumed. We welcome everyone to test out our first dynamically scaled area which is accessible to players of all levels, and enjoy the unique, Bushraki-themed loot. But don't hesitate to explore, because when our monthlong event is over, these unique event features will be going away again (even though New Dikamazi is here to stay)! Have fun!</pre>

Comments

• The place is awesome! It's like Japan in space! :smile:

Thanks to all the people involved in making the area!
  • edited June 2019
    At least there weren't shapeshifters tossing us into their dungeon and wearing our faces after this time!

I love the first instance of a PvE boss and hope to see more in the future!
  • edited June 2019
    Albion said:
    The Selassian ormrrar (spelling? I'm not the one coming up with these names) could easily become a second PvE boss because she already is borderline unsoloable due to summonable adds AND has a hefty quest reward attached. All we need to change is to reward people in the immediate area (the fort perhaps?) when she dies and we're good.
  • Oooooh man I love this place. The whole Bushraki arc has been great (and sometimes stressful) but seeing this new area is amazing! Also, those drinks Slander should not be consuming. And the new gear! Thank you all, once again, for doing awesome stuff.
    I'm gone.
  • Cubey said:
    Albion said:
    The Selassian ormrrar (spelling? I'm not the one coming up with these names) could easily become a second PvE boss because she already is borderline unsoloable due to summonable adds AND has a hefty quest reward attached. All we need to change is to reward people in the immediate area (the fort perhaps?) when she dies and we're good.
    I don't have the quest but I could solo that relatively easily as long as you go in with unstoppable
  • edited June 2019
    Albion said:
    Cubey said:
    Albion said:
    I don't have the quest but I could solo that relatively easily as long as you go in with unstoppable
    Good for you. I'm pretty sure most players can't though.

Also the omrarr summons 4 adds and the devs are nerfing players' ability to move NPCs around (so you can't move her away from them) - I'm pretty sure we're not meant to solo her. Whether we manage to or not is another thing.
  • Yea, I did absolutely fine with her until the other four showed up.
    I'm gone.
  • Soren was a very big help in the building process. A lot of the creepy plant descriptions in the area are his, as is the Mech-U-Shine with the adorable bots (so much love for those little guys) and the aggravated food cart owner.
  • Eukelade said:
    Slander said:
    Oooooh man I love this place. The whole Bushraki arc has been great (and sometimes stressful) but seeing this new area is amazing! Also, those drinks Slander should not be consuming. And the new gear! Thank you all, once again, for doing awesome stuff.
    I laughed out loud (for real) when you drank those drinks, and said, to my cat, "Why would she do that?" 
    She hasn't stopped. She's convinced she'll build up up a tolerance to them and impress the locals enough they'll hook her up with sweet augs.
    I'm gone.
  • I just want to say that those are the best 500 marks I have spent in game.
     Eukelade said:
    Soren was a very big help in the building process. A lot of the creepy plant descriptions in the area are his, as is the Mech-U-Shine with the adorable bots (so much love for those little guys) and the aggravated food cart owner.

• n_n x_x.
  • edited June 2019
    https://twitter.com/moonbobjohnson/status/1140368150724145152
    Just wanted to share some art I did of the Mech-U-Shine (I love the bots there :') they're so cute).
    this is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. 
    Kirin said:
    I just want to say that those are the best 500 marks I have spent in game.
     Eukelade said:
    Soren was a very big help in the building process. A lot of the creepy plant descriptions in the area are his, as is the Mech-U-Shine with the adorable bots (so much love for those little guys) and the aggravated food cart owner.

and this makes me incredibly happy to hear. I'm stoked to hear people love O-ken and his bots as much as I loved making them. Thank you both so, so much. <3<3