Skip to content

Space Stations and Empire Building

edited September 2017 in Questions and Answers
Beyond text based games, my gaming background mostly consists of EVE Online and other empire building games such as the X series (not X:Rebirth though...), etc. I am also a huge fan of logistics management games such as Transport Fever, for example. 

My question is, beyond spaceships, will there be any opportunities for players to have ownership of space stations, planets, bases, etc. Can I empire build in Starmourn?

Comments

• still dreams about building terrorship 
  • edited September 2017
    Understanding other IRE MUDs I'm confident the answer here is "no."  I do know they're doing something more relevant to trade and resources though, that'll be interesting.  I don't think it'll allow you to build like you're thinking though (Iike eve where you settle star systems).

That said, I really hope that they do at some point.

Was just looking through some other threads and here's a relevant response from Tecton:

Colonisation of certain applicable celestial bodies is something we've discussed as an option for the future, but not something we're going to have at launch. The extent of starship personalisation will have to wait for a more full info release!
  • can i build the death star?
    There's too much blood in my caffeine system
  • edited September 2017
    Space stations I could kinda see being some kind of special clan property thing which could be neat.

Like dump huge amounts of money and resources into them, spit them out of a ship forge, and limit them so that they can only manage to stay in orbit. Interior customisation would let you personalise stuff, they could have some stats to help protect them. But like, theoretically people could attack and destroy them?

Probably how EVE works on some level tbh, I mostly tend to putter around in my little ship mining and selling stuff >_>
  • Bandus said:
    Beyond text based games, my gaming background mostly consists of EVE Online and other empire building games such as the X series (not X:Rebirth though...), etc. I am also a huge fan of logistics management games such as Transport Fever, for example. 

My question is, beyond spaceships, will there be any opportunities for players to have ownership of space stations, planets, bases, etc. Can I empire build in Starmourn?
    Some aspect of "empire building" generally determines whether I stay for a long time in a game or not.

I liked MUSHes for that reason. RP things out, then make requests. There's always some kind of approval process that consists of RP + admin, but if it passes and makes sense, it's built and added to the game. Over time, with the various systems in place, you can easily build anything which is what makes it so immersive and worthwhile.