Skip to content

Announcements post #53: Development Updates.

<pre>From: Ilyos, the Arbiter
Subject: Development Updates.

April has been a very busy month for us. It seemed like it passed in the blink of an eye! Here's the features and improvements we've implemented in April that we are the most proud of:

- Station Missions have gone through several stages of improvement and refinement, with more on the way.
- Our very first round of classleads have been approved and implemented.
- We've refined and improved commodity generation.
- We've introduced a way for factions to generate income via taxation.
- Kidnappings and Ry'nari revolts have sent ripples through the apparent peace in the galaxy.
- A new questline has been unveiled in Mir.
- A Black Market has opened up for those with shadier business inclinations.
- A brand new Ship Customization system has been released.
- Hundreds of bugs have been joyfully squished.
- Quality of life improvements have been implemented to make the experience of both staff and players a little easier and smoother.

May promises to be even busier - we're keeping ourselves occupied with several awesome new things! Keep reading for a preview of what we're up to and what we're planning for the coming weeks.

- Cosmpiercers - we hear you, and we're hard at work looking at solving some of the issues we have with the current Cosmpiercer system. We hope to present you with a better experience in the following days!
- We've done some work on the economy, and we're going to do more. We have some storefront improvements in the works, changes and fixes for some of our existing tradeskills, and more!
- Speaking of tradeskills, our overhaul of WeaponModding and ArmorModding is almost ready - we're very excited to see the changes released!
- Our Storytellers are hard at work with some interesting events on the horizon. I want to tell you more about them, but I'd be spoiling the surprise...
- We're working on new content in the form of daily missions, a new system that aims to reward both you and the faction you are a part of with bonuses and temporary boosts.
- And as always, we're continuing to squish bugs with a vengeance.</pre>

Comments

• I absolutely love the ship designs, commodity improvements and the QoL additions like SHOWOFF and the ability to inspect another's attire. Thank you staff so much for those!

I do have a question/request, related to one thing that's been implemented. Unless I (and others) have overlooked it, it doesn't seem that anyone in Scatterhome has the ability to tax refineries/autofactories on Reynolds. If we're correct that it's not currently possible, could we either get that added as an investable power or the ability for owners to voluntarily add a tax themselves? As the person with the most refineries on Reynolds I would like the ability to automatically send marks to my faction without having to manually keep logs of all my production. (Inb4 forumRP about how we shouldn't have taxes in SH.)
    I'm gone.
  • ArmorModding update approaching! -fistpump- Time to crank the hype lever!

Can we have a sneak peek into their mechanics and how it will work?
  • Will we have the second round of classleads soon? The waiting sucks for Scoundrels and B.E.A.S.T. I get that they're the least popular classes out there, but delaying those changes are not helping the issue.
  • Jerom said:
    Will we have the second round of classleads soon? The waiting sucks for Scoundrels and B.E.A.S.T. I get that they're the least popular classes out there, but delaying those changes are not helping the issue.
    Switch scoundrel and beast instakill conditions around, problem solved*.

*Answer only half-joking because scoundrel is garbage at muscular damage.
  • Cubey said:
    Jerom said:
    Will we have the second round of classleads soon? The waiting sucks for Scoundrels and B.E.A.S.T. I get that they're the least popular classes out there, but delaying those changes are not helping the issue.
    Switch scoundrel and beast instakill conditions around, problem solved*.

*Answer only half-joking because scoundrel is garbage at muscular damage.
    To be fair, so is beast :/
    Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.
  • Zhulkarn said:
    ArmorModding update approaching! -fistpump- Time to crank the hype lever!

Can we have a sneak peek into their mechanics and how it will work?
    The highlights are that reverse engineering a mod will grant you "research credits" and parts for that particular manufacturer. You will be able to invest that research credit towards researching any mod type from that particular manufacturer, so you no longer need to find a large amount of identical mods to get somewhere. There will also be a way to get a large number of research credits and parts every week via smuggled mods (at a price).

Jerom said:

We'll also be looking at wrapping up the classleads which didn't get implemented yet.
  • Wow that sounds amazing! 
    Character: Vega
    Faction: Song Dominion
    Class: Engineer 

note: I am always up for RP, antagonistic or friendly. If she's being a bitch, it's because you're from Scatterhome or she's trying to meet a deadline and has nothing to do with whether I want to RP with you or not. Thanks in advance for the RP!

• Can we get the lessons we lost for quitting the armormodding tradeskill in the past.  I've quit it before cause it wasn't a profitable investment and lost 250 lessons because of it.
    I'm Vianou, by the way.
  • Are mods still going to be level-locked? Not that it matters so much if it's manufacturer-based, just curious.
  • Modding seems more active and engaging than a typical design trade, but i still dont want to drop jewelry. I've heard having multiple tradeskills will be a thing, is that coming soon too?
  • the 'woot' wins it tbh
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)