Skip to content

Worth playing?

Or will I be robbed within 45 minutes of playing?

Comments

• Going to give this a day and then no dice.
  • Robbed? No, there's no theft mechanic. And beyond that, people don't go around griefing newbs.
    I'm gone.
  • Slander said:
    Robbed? No, there's no theft mechanic. And beyond that, people don't go around griefing newbs.
    Really? Achaea and aetolia I got robbed in and quit playing. Didn't bother with others because of it. Forum talk says stuff about inrs, hacking, stealing a meals worth of credits, etc.
  • I mean, yea, people CAN take your INR from your corpse after you die but it's rare and the XP gain is so low that there'd be no reason to take one from a lower-level character. I've literally never had my INR taken and I've been playing since launch. And hacking is really only for getting through locked doors, for the most part. You can't hack another person's mindsim.
    I'm gone.
  • Slander said:
    I mean, yea, people CAN take your INR from your corpse after you die but it's rare and the XP gain is so low that there'd be no reason to take one from a lower-level character. I've literally never had my INR taken and I've been playing since launch. And hacking is really only for getting through locked doors, for the most part. You can't hack another person's mindsim.
    So INR is a PvP thing?
    And what do you mean hacking is "for the most part"?
  • So no force skills/abilities?
  • Any time you die, PvP or PvE, your INR is left behind along with all the junk you collected. You can go collect your INR and scan it to get some of your XP back. And there's a few quests that require hacking, but other wise it's for getting through locked doors so far - there are plans to expand it. As for as force abilities, Nanoseer has one but I remember it being said that it's really limited and doesn't allow forcing GIVE or DROP commands.
    I'm gone.
  • @Slander dont take this the wrong way then, but basically you lack the skills IC and therefore don't know?
  • Guess a tritrans nano wanna confirm this?
  • @BerserkELF I was a nanoseer for about 25 hours and never got close to the skill.

Also, the game is totally worth playing. I honestly idle most of the time working on code for my interface, and I have yet to be griefed.
  • Just had another seer attempt it on me, he couldn't force those commands.
    I'm gone.
  • Cel said:
    @BerserkELF I was a nanoseer for about 25 hours and never got close to the skill.

Also, the game is totally worth playing. I honestly idle most of the time working on code for my interface, and I have yet to be griefed.
    I heard this exact thing about another IRE, the idling thing, and got robbed of 50k gold from credits sold on the market.

• Slander said:
    Just had another seer attempt it on me, he couldn't force those commands.
    Logs? For all item commands? Please?
  • Would be nice to hear from an official staff?
  • Not staff, but Slander is correct. You can't steal things here, other than INR's and junk on the ground when someone dies.

[Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • Poet said:
    Not staff, but Slander is correct. You can't steal things here, other than INR's and junk on the ground when someone dies.

So, I could potentially just kill all players in faction A and collect junk and INRs for profit?
  • edited April 2019
    Poet said:
    Not staff, but Slander is correct. You can't steal things here, other than INR's and junk on the ground when someone dies.

So, I could potentially just kill all players in faction A and collect junk and INRs for profit?
    I could web up 5-10 players and rob say the dominion players bashing/hunting blind?
    I like the dominion from reading, hence the reference.

• Could? Yes, theoretically. But that would never happen. Especially since inter-faction rivalry is much more low-key here. You could certainly try, but you would be outnumbered by angry people who would make it a very bad decision.
    I'm gone.
  • edited April 2019
    Okay, first off, stop multiposting in the span of a few minutes. That "edit post" button is there for a reason dude.
    Second, unlike Achaea which tells you about how it's all "no unjustified PKing, everything needs an RP reason!" and yet at the same time has an advanced griefing/stealing culture, Starmourn actually sticks to its rules. Peeps already got punished for excessive unjustified PvP.
    Because of that, Starmourn doesn't have problems with griefing. There were a few assholes in its first weeks but they're all gone now. Good riddance.
    Worst thing that can happen to you is that you fly into an enemy faction's cosmpiercer by accident and its npc defenses gank you (it gives an open pvp warning in advance and for a reason) or that you get killed while PvEing and someone snatches loot you dropped - but even the latter is a rarity nowadays.
  • edited April 2019
    Cubey said:
    Okay, first off, stop multiposting in the span of a few minutes. That "edit post" button is there for a reason dude.
    Second, unlike Achaea which tells you about how it's all "no unjustified PKing, everything needs an RP reason!" and yet at the same time has an advanced griefing/stealing culture, Starmourn actually sticks to its rules. Peeps already got punished for excessive unjustified PvP.
    Because of that, Starmourn doesn't have problems with griefing. There were a few assholes in its first weeks but they're all gone now. Good riddance.
    Worst thing that can happen to you is that you fly into an enemy faction's cosmpiercer by accident and its npc defenses gank you (it gives an open pvp warning in advance and for a reason) or that you get killed while PvEing and someone snatches loot you dropped - but even the latter is a rarity nowadays.
    First off, fuck off. Etiquette is variable via culture at the minimum.

Second, so you are saying like the other three (props to @Slander @Cel @Poet) theft is not a thing and/or not possible? PvP is honestly a secondary worry. If people can farm INRs though... see where this is going?
    • Theft is not a thing.
    • You can't farm INRs with deathsquads.
    • Taking junk/INRs which people drop on death is possible.
  • Vaughn said:
    • Theft is not a thing.
    • You can't farm INRs with deathsquads.
    • Taking junk/INRs which people drop on death is possible.
    Awesome.

So there is a limit on INRs?
  • edited April 2019
    Everyone drops one on death. When I say can't, I mean it'd be dealt with by the admin as griefing.
    Well... unless all those involved have opted into the open-pk system. HELP LAWLESS
  • Vaughn said:
    Everyone drops one on death. When I say can't, I mean it'd be dealt with by the admin as griefing.
    Meaning I'd have to ISSUE? Or just handled after the first?
  • Yes, you would have to issue. There are no automated systems to prevent griefing.
  • edited April 2019
    Awesome thank you. Old IRE to another.

ISSUE time in your experience?
  • I've never had my issue not get resolved within a day. Obviously there is a backlock of bugs, types, and ideas, but issues seem to be well handled.
  • Vaughn said:
    I've never had my issue not get resolved within a day. Obviously there is a backlock of bugs, types, and ideas, but issues seem to be well handled.
    Fantastic about ot attempt a log then.
  • Glad to hear it!
This discussion has been closed.