Skip to content

Ship Decorations Ideas!

Like the formglass display case or the starburst mirror! What are your ideas for new wall decorations?

What's missing from the walls of your starships?

Comments

• edited April 2019
    I would like a locker to store my weapons in that doesn't decay. Oh, and just containers in general that have a lot of space? The formglass display case only holds 3 things.
    Character: Vega
    Faction: Song Dominion
    Class: Engineer 

note: I am always up for RP, antagonistic or friendly. If she's being a bitch, it's because you're from Scatterhome or she's trying to meet a deadline and has nothing to do with whether I want to RP with you or not. Thanks in advance for the RP!

• I really, really want some way to choose props on my ship. Or, like, some kinda furniture. Having the style of bed in my cabin (or if I even have one) subject to RNG hasn't been working out because it doesn't match the decor at all.
    I'm gone.
  • @Slander - I hear that, but it's a different organ that secretes the props than the one that extrudes the decorations.

@Vega - What's your ideal case scenario on those big containers? Elaborate on what you're wanting to be able to do?
  • @Yimh I'd like to use them as a place for novices to be able to pick up things. So right now I have all the weapons and armor with good stats on them stuff into decayable containers just sitting on the floor atm, which is fine, but if someone picks it up and walks out I don't have my bag anymore. If I had cases or containers I'd be able to set up space for people to get food, people to grab clothing, armor, whatever. It would make a big difference to the way I rp and interact with things on my ship. Instead of people being flooded by 50 items just sitting in IH it can be just 10 and they can then go through them to find what they like.  Which is super useful on large ships that would operate like a home usually would. A Dynasty museum, for instance.

Another instance that I would use them, would be to run a space mall, more or less. And I could display items for people to look at and try on before they buy. One probably I've found with trying to make sales person to person is that you can't use SHOWOFF like in other IREs, so having a way for them to decide what they want to look at instead of me handing them things one by one would be fantastic! 

And as I lightly mentioned above, having a party where I can put lots of food IN a bowl or something, same for drinks, right now we can't PUT thing ON whatever yet, but that is another issue altogether. But being able to sort food into containers for guests would be great. During events Victoria tends to put out about... 40-70 food items out, so that's a LOT of stuff, and it is a pain for people to find what they want to try quickly without spamming their screen.

Oh and a trashbin or something for empty glasses would be a life saver.

Hope this clarifies a bit more!
    Character: Vega
    Faction: Song Dominion
    Class: Engineer 

note: I am always up for RP, antagonistic or friendly. If she's being a bitch, it's because you're from Scatterhome or she's trying to meet a deadline and has nothing to do with whether I want to RP with you or not. Thanks in advance for the RP!

• OO! adding on to what @vega said, can you put a cool down on food containers for parties? if you're not labelled as a the owner, you can't just go "take 20 x from y" no more food bandits!
  • a hydrofarm unit, where you can grow actual food. game mechanics wise, it's just a spaceship version of a bush or a tree
  • Port windows! you can look OUT of them but see "the stars streak by or something"
  • edited April 2019
    more wall hangings, cushions, and containers of somesort. I love the wall hanging I got from prugita.