Skip to content

In Strength and Unity! (Song Thread)

edited April 2019 in The Commsphere
Hey so I've only received a few messages now and I wanted to say for the record I want to hear from everyone in Song who has a opinion about the Faction!

Got an idea for how to make the Dominion supremo? Drop it here!

The Dominion is already tops? Tell me why! I want to know what people like most about the Dominion so we can play my favorite game ever, it's called: If you like_____, you'll love _____.

The Dominion sucks? Go (any non-Song group)? Wrong thread buddy! Love the enthusiasm, but take it elsewhere please and I'll gladly weigh in or refer you on to another helpful person!

I've really enjoyed being a part of Song so far. The atmosphere is positive and I enjoy how you all relate to each other! I'm still learning, but I think soon we're going to be making our mark in the stars!

Please feel free to contact me directly by using MSG YIMH if you have any questions or ideas that are more specific to you and you want to play your cards close to the vest!

Comments

• edited April 2019
    You know no one in Song actually likes anyone else from Song, right...?

• [a brief, but satisfying snippet earlier in the event...]

An agitated Ry'nari conspirator looks nervously at Digit.

You say to an agitated Ry'nari conspirator, "Where's Vega?"

You slap an agitated Ry'nari conspirator on the cheek.

An agitated Ry'nari conspirator shrugs meekly, scuttling away. "Just leave me alone! It wasn't my idea!".

You say, "Talk!"

• @Vega made my character sad :(
  • It was so neat, and everyone was so cool ooc and ic. 
    @Azlyn and her one liners. 
    And @Matlkael (Mereas) with the surprising cheek! 

The NPCs were so responsive. The options that are now on the table and the topics that are relevant to discuss have blown wide open. I can wait to see what everyone, not just in Song manages to uncover. 

I would also like to say that Vega's paranoia about the YOUKNOWWHAT'S is now totally justified. 

Character: Vega
    Faction: Song Dominion
    Class: Engineer 

note: I am always up for RP, antagonistic or friendly. If she's being a bitch, it's because you're from Scatterhome or she's trying to meet a deadline and has nothing to do with whether I want to RP with you or not. Thanks in advance for the RP!

• It was such a great event! Thank you so much!!!!

• Everyone's true colours were revealed :( Yayeh is bad cop. Asteyr is shoot-first-ask-later. :(:(:(
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • Damn, I am never hesitating to kill children again!

note: I am always up for RP, antagonistic or friendly. If she's being a bitch, it's because you're from Scatterhome or she's trying to meet a deadline and has nothing to do with whether I want to RP with you or not. Thanks in advance for the RP!

• One of the best parts so far is @Flipilaria slowly realizing that the Song government is Lawful Evil.  B)
    Mereas Eyrlock
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • Matlkael said:
    One of the best parts so far is @Flipilaria slowly realizing that the Song government is Lawful Evil.  B)
    Now that you're all finally off your arses and doing the Lawful Evil, Flip can finally Flip Out about it!
  • edited April 2019
    Matlkael said:
    One of the best parts so far is @Flipilaria slowly realizing that the Song government is Lawful Evil.  B)
    Now that you're all finally off your arses and doing the Lawful Evil, Flip can finally Flip Out about it!
    Hey pal, like it says in the Triumverated Lemniscate: 
    "True power is realizing that you are the only person who can hold you accountable."

• edited April 2019
    Most governments are lawful evil more or less!
  • Zhulkarn said:
    Most governments are lawful evil more or less!
    I think Lawful Neutral, cause it is very uh self-serving, and only judging itself on its own principles that just happen to be lacking in morals. Like an assassin, That can be Lawful Neutral and not Lawful Evil.  Actually, this isn't the place for this! FIGHT ME IN GAME, I will show you justice!

• Well real Lawful Evil governments does not appear as such :3 

But yes, apologies for the off-topic direction, this is Song thread after all.
  • 1st of the Year announcements in Song!

(Song): You say, "Happy New Year everyone!"

(Song): Reeloc says, "Aye. Happy New Year!"

(Song): Dakkis says, "Into the winds of time we go! In Unity and Strength!"

(Song): Vega says, "Indeed, Happy New Year to you all. I look forward to seeing unprecedented growth and development within the Dominion for the year 930 AE. I'd encourage you all to make a goal for yourself and aim for it. Any progress is an 100% increase over no progress. Believe in yourselves, it is us against the sector, for better or worse."

(Song): Vega says, "I'm going to do a public reading of the people who received nominations for the Merit Scholarship. So if you can give your attention for a short bit, that would be appreciated."

(Song): Vega says, "First off, for Kitxaiki, the person who nominated you says, 'I have recommended you for the Merit Scholarship due to your hard work in recent months. I hope to see you keep pushing ahead, good luck.'."

(Song): Vega says, "Secondly, for Reeloc, the person said, 'I'd like to file a nomination for Reeloc because he's generous and welcoming.'."

(Song): Vega says, "Thirdly, for Flavia, they said, 'I've appreciated how she's taken a lot of piloting ideas from me and ran with them, and more recently investment into gathering resources and purchasing refineries for a soon-to-be unveiled project.' How mysterious."

(Song): Vega says, "And Lastly, for our winner, Yayeh. One person said, 'we need more QPCs.' and the second person said, 'I'd like to recommend Yayeh for merit scholarship, not only for his diligence and being the second person to become an Admiral (after our very own Rhindara), but also his willingness and helpfulness to work on station missions and to help those without autofactories to get the commodities needed for others to work on station missions as well.'."

(Song): Vega says, "Thank you to the people who sent in nominations. And thank you all for listening."

(Song): Mereas says, "We must also celebrate those of us who have rendered service to Song, and some of them have earned the distinction of earning a medal for their deeds this past year."

(Song): Mereas says, "First, we have Asteyr Dreya, who has earned his 1st Manganese Medal."

(Song): Mereas says, "Second, we have Flavia K'siphias, for her 1st Chromium Medal."

(Song): Mereas says, "We also have Mairon T'rvati, who has earned his 1st Nickel Medal."

(Song): Mereas says, "Next, Reeloc Sol'lun, has earned his 1st Manganese Medal."

(Song): Mereas says, "Next, Rhindara Molotov, has earned her 1st Iron Medal."

(Song): Mereas says, "We also have me, and I've earned my 1st Chromium, 1st Iron, and 1st Nickel Medals."

(Song): Mereas says, "And finally: Admiral Yayeh Dreya, who has earned not his 1st, nor his 2nd, but even his 3rd Nickel Medal in just one year!"

(Song): Mereas says, "Thank you, soldiers, for your service to the Dominion! We have had a stellar year, and I look forward for this new one to come. In unity and strength!"

(Song): You say, "As many of you know, there's been a resource gathering contest this past year, and I am happy to announce many things! We had 14 citizens in various capacities earn Nickel merits since Secretary Mereas created the program. This has included gathering resources for our faction's storage, manufacturing products for our station repairs, seeking out hard-to-find items for those repairs, and completing station missions."

(Song): You say, "Several of you have purchased refineries in various locations to make it easier for our citizens to refine what has been gathered. Others of you have purchased new autofactories."

(Song): You say, "All in all, I just want to say thank you to everyone who has participated. And now for the winners."

(Song): You say, "In first place, earning 154 Nickel merits: Secretary Mereas!"

(Song): You say, "In second place, earning 114 Nickel merits, Mairon!"

(Song): You say, "In third place, earning 78 Nickel merits, Lieutenant Reeloc!"

(Song): You say, "In fourth place, earning 63 Nickel merits, Elasyra!"

(Song): You say, "And in fifth place, earning 56 Nickel merits, Ninvahn!"

(Song): You say, "Be sure to congratulate all of the winners, who will be taking their picks of a Stalker corvette, a Tiravoa interceptor, and three auto factories of their choice!"

• It's like fireworks!
    Mereas Eyrlock
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • @Tallulah is bae. 😍😍😍
  • The wholesomeness in this thread burns my eyes.
    I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.
  • edited April 2019
    Scatterhome and Celestine threads when? Or are we basically admitting at this point that Song is the devs' favorite faction? Shocking I know.
  • Almost all of these things have been player-driven, and we just ask the storytellers if they could add a little spzazz.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • edited April 2019
    To be fair, @Yimh started this thread because they hadn't received much communication from players. The Celestines were great about communicating with me about what they thought was important and in many cases I've been able to act upon it. I'm not super in yo face in game right now but I can assure you that things are happening!

If CA would like one of these threads I'm happy to set one up as well.

Edit: I don't want to imply that the Songites were neglectful or anything. Everyone gets busy!
    Builder, Roleplayer, Footstool
  • We were in the middle of a Lord Commander shuffle...  :(
    Mereas Eyrlock
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • @Hroden is under strict terms of NDA form CA-284/B for the time being. Breach of it would end up with an elaborate courtroom RP with inordinate amounts of "Objection!"s "Rephrase the question"s and "Please proceed"s 

But on a more serious note, @Hroden has been quite helpful on furthering certain storylines we established prior to Storytellers and players of CA can approach him freely about their characters. There is a degree of healthy communication we established and naturally there was not a necessity for a forum thread. 

Furthermore, Storytellers are RPers in the end and they do this because they enjoy RPing. And I am personally thankful for their presence. You people rock!

Now my invasion is over, Dominion can take the thread back! 
  • @Mogarche @tasp @Matlkael @vianou @asteyr (Someone please force these kids to get their in game names on the forums please, they are ruining my enjoyment and love of tagging!)

You give an elegant glass to Jace Vitali.
    Jace lifts a brow and disdainfully hands an elegant glass back to you. "Ugh. What do I need with this? No thank you."

You say, "Tsk."

Vianou takes a drink from a squat shotglass filled with vodka.

Asteyr jokingly says, "Now that's service with a smile."

With an eyebrow raised, Mereas says, "I suppose we clean our own glasses."

You give an elegant glass filled with hinkafruit cocktail to a crane-armed carrybot.

You say, "Well, my carrybot will hold empty glasses."

You say to a crane-armed carrybot, "Smart. Because you, are replaceable."

The edges of your lips curve up briefly into the faintest semblance of a smirk.

Mereas says, "The service of bots is not to be overlooked."

Vega nods at Mereas in agreement.

Making a noncommittal gesture with one hand, Tasp says, "She hires others for that sort of thing, no doubt."

A crane-armed carrybot lets out a chirp of alarm and falls silent.

LOL! 

Thank you, @tallulah , you made my bot-bullying very satisfactory! 

• Also thank you @hroden and @Zhulkarn for clarifying for others. While I’m sure a lot of people know what is what, the new players that are coming in will have a much clearer idea. Cause they’ve been dropping into game with increasing frequency.

If anyone in song gets one of those new arties I want to see. I’m trying to wait for a super lucky day! 

• I'm Vianou,  by the way.  :-)
    I'm Vianou, by the way.