Skip to content

Meet your New Storytellers!

Even though Tecton is leaving us, I'm nonetheless happy to announce that Starmourn has recently brought on an active and vibrant team of volunteer staff members who will be working hard to get to know the playerbase and bring the world to life for them.

We are breaking new ground here that many older MUDs have already established with regards to staff and player relations. The procedures and methods for how Starmourn's story is told will grow with the gameworld, its players, and its staff. Your patience is appreciated as we get the wheels turning on running events and responding to the roleplay that you create!

To that end, please meet your new Storytellers!  These Storytellers will be responsible for overseeing specific areas of the game. You should consider them your 'go to' contact for any "large" matters related to your character's life or organizations.

Soren will be overseeing Scatterhome.
Yimh will be overseeing the Song Dominion
Hroden will be overseeing the Celestine Ascendancy 
Iobai will be overseeing non-faction players and non-factional space

-----------

Players, especially players in leadership roles, are encouraged to reach out and send a message or a tell to the storyteller assigned to their faction (or non-faction!). Keep in mind that Storytellers will be doing what their role implies - telling stories. While they're helpful, they are not here to create a new class at your request or hand out a 500% Damage Kithblade of Ultimate Beheading for free.

Things you could include in a preliminary 'get to know you' type of report:

- What your character does
- What your character's motivations are
- What organizations your character is involved in
- What you hope to accomplish with that character

There are a lot of you, and not a lot of us - so be brief with your messages! And please treat them kindly - they are here to make the game more fun for everyone.

Comments

• That's fine, the 10.2k Penetrating PIECE of Personal Prolonging still up for grabs? 
  • First, I never receive a closed beta invite and now you tell me I cannot ask for overpowered freebies?

You guys are heartless.
  • So aside from not giving out uberblades what sorts of things are our new storytellers going to be looking to do?  I love the idea, I'm just not sure the best ways to utilize them, communicate with them, stuff like that. Maybe an example of what a storyteller would be interested in doing? Also I feel bad for everyone not in Celestine and their lack of a @Hroden. I made a dynasty called Corvidae, his profile picture is of a corvidae, we're pretty much best friends now.
  • Um, I need to ask, what kinds of proposals have the greatest chance of coming to life?
  • I'm adoring what I've seen from them thus far. I have endeavored to give Yimh so much work they can never log off again. So we'll see how that goes.
    Character: Vega
    Faction: Song Dominion
    Class: Engineer 

note: I am always up for RP, antagonistic or friendly. If she's being a bitch, it's because you're from Scatterhome or she's trying to meet a deadline and has nothing to do with whether I want to RP with you or not. Thanks in advance for the RP!

• BTW do storytellers exist in character? If so what's their role?
  • Eukelade said:

Sending a message to a storyteller in game has a pretty good chance of reaching them - but again, they are volunteers, so please be respectful of their time, and be as polite and civil to them as you would be to Mr Rogers.

Are you implying I would be anything BUT respectful, polite and civil? I will CUT you... a piece of this cake I baked!
  • edited April 2019
    Cubey said:
    BTW do storytellers exist in character? If so what's their role?
    At this point, our shells are out of character. We are puppeteers making the little mobbies dance for you.

Which actually brings up and interesting point: Don't be afraid to interact with NPCs that you see about. There will be times they may interact back with you. Obviously, that depends on the availability of someone able to do so at the time but it is seen and are not wasted words.
    Builder, Roleplayer, Footstool
  • If you need IC shells for your actual characters, make yourselves into Rek or Y'saari, imo.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • Alternatively, choosing to play as an Eckin will make you instantly popular. I am told Iobai means "Little foot" in their language.
  • I'm super excited to see factions steered the same way gods do in other IRE stuff, forcing unhealthy conflict and toxicity!
  • edited April 2019
    Wuff said:
    I'm super excited to see factions steered the same way gods do in other IRE stuff, forcing unhealthy conflict and toxicity!
    Hello! I don't know you, and I don't know what your deal is.

Half the player base or more than half the player base are IRE veterans. We know how it's like and why. 

Starmourn is a new game. No doubt it might go the same way as other IREs with plenty of drama...for now there is almost none. 

I happen to like it that way. If you want drama, you can participate. if you don't it doesn't bother you. 

Can you please not drag the drama into this game? 

(and make it unfun for everyone else)
  • Wuff's just a troll. Don't mind him.
  • edited April 2019
    You've clearly missed quite a bit if you think there's been no drama so far... If there's none now, it's because everyone involved in it has left.

Edit: Probably has something to do with you joining about 5 months into the game.
  • edited April 2019
    Bloody glad I did. I have IRE trauma from all the Drama. 

B) 
  • I was being a touch unfair in all honesty. I don't know the storytellers, I bet they're good people.

I just worry that there'll be more artificial and unwanted conflict (we have enough player-generated conflict last time I checked), which is often the way gods go.
  • @Wuff

....it's IRE I'm just enjoying the calm before the storm and hoping that this game gets steered better. 
  • I think that the storm has passed and already wreaked a fair bit of destruction. Now is the rebuilding time, and praying that there's no repeat.
  • Ah'b prayin' wit' youse @Wuff

Since we'all know how it's like, lets just steer clear of the drama like it's sin on Jesus day. (to in absolutely inclusive: why poison ourselves with laxatives. Diahorrea in anyform, verbal or physical isn't pretty to deal with or fun)