Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• Ludwig said:
    I'll just leave this here...

Please oh please let Starmourn staff not fix hilarities like this that may yet ensue ...

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• I always giggle a little at this line.

You hand over your junk, and your account is credited with 402 Covenant marks.
    vote ∘ Explore Nexus mods for Starmourn & Achaeandb for Nexus

• Kestrel said:
    Ludwig said:
    I'll just leave this here...

Please oh please let Starmourn staff not fix hilarities like this that may yet ensue ...
    They already did one pass on the dictionary for the offensive stuff, so this stuff already cleared that without being pulled.
  • Kiara said:
    Looks like you broke through.
  • (Celestine): Marco says, "I assume that entering in to a cosmpiercer zone controled by scatterhome is not, necessarily going to be a good idea?"

(Celestine): Urid says, "Stay away from the centre of the area, where the piercer itself is, to be sure."

(Celestine): Marco says, "Not all that good with charts so I'm hoping my autopilot will take me pretty much out of harms way."

:D

• Haven't seen one of those in a while ...

— Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• Kestrel said:

Haven't seen one of those in a while ...
    Don't worry. That can be fixed ;)
  • 13:38:56 Directory list of 3,5
    13:38:56 Devices/
    13:38:56  @processor_array : --
    13:38:56 Routes/
    13:38:56  north
    13:38:56  east
    13:38:56  west
    13:38:56 [ S | GigaOps: 97/239 | Password: NINJAS ]

unlock ninjas
    Yes, I will unlock ninjas. Thank you.
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk

• Zah yells from nearby, "Ughhh ... Do I even want to know what this 'spacer's gelatin' is made of?!"
    Nykara yells from nearby, "Spacers."
  • "You're crazy, old man. There's nothing creepy about a space habitat abandoned by an extinct Elder Race with a weird fixation on tentacles. This place seems perfectly normal to me."
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
      I'm going on a rampage
  • Qitorien said:
    "You're crazy, old man. There's nothing creepy about a space habitat abandoned by an extinct Elder Race with a weird fixation on tentacles. This place seems perfectly normal to me."
    On behalf of Shen-players system-wide, I'm offended by the insinuation that there is anything at all creepy about having tentacles.

*tentacleflip*

— Oscar Wilde

— Margaret Atwood

• (Newbie): Mereas says, "Legend has it that it's easier to govern Scatterhome than build a functional ship."
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
      I'm going on a rampage
  • where is the LIE
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • Deathsights that crack me up:

(Aurazi): Ata says, "Oh! Tentacles!"
    (Aurazi): You say, "Hmmm?"

Ata Aurazi has been brutally slain by a tentacle-limbed shapeshifter.

(Aurazi): You say, "Hmmm."

(Celestine): Pluti says, "Pluti find unused prophylactic Krona corpse. Who want this?"
    (Celestine): You say, "Uh."
    (Celestine): You say, "Thank you, Pluti."
    (Celestine): Zarouc says, "I believe the etiquette is to leave it there."

Pluti has been brutally slain by a Krona poacher.

(Celestine): You say, "I am not particularly sure that Krona was dead."

• Quoted with permission:

(Celestine): Ren says, "As well as improving well being of the down on their luck and the impoverished, let us not forget that!"
    (Celestine): You say, "Ah yes. Of course."
    (Celestine): You say, "The plight of the poor remains a vital priority for the Guardian Council."

Zah says this with a straight face.

(Celestine): Viola says, "Second only to the unceasing advancement of the Angel's Revolution throughout the sector."

Viola is, likewise, straight-faced.

You take a drink from an elegant wine glass filled with fermented vuu honey.
    The sweet taste of honey rolls over your tongue, leaving a sparkling effervescence.

Viola takes a long drag of a half-smoked joint of leesa skins, inhaling fragrant lavender smoke into her lungs.
    The last few millimeters of a half-smoked joint of leesa skins sizzle into embers and ash, and Viola discards the smoldering stub.

You say, "It is good to be on top."

• 18:10:31 You feel sick as a poison-spitting treefog attacks you with its viscous, poisonous slime.
    18:10:31 Health: 2617/4045 BL: 4 [-WC]

18:10:32 You have recovered your balance.
    18:10:32 You: Guile Scan -> a poison-spitting treefog.
    18:10:32 You discern that a poison-spitting treefog is dead.
    18:10:32 You also determine that a poison-spitting treefog's internals are lightly damaged.
    18:10:32 Health: 2617/4045 BL: 4 [-WC]

18:10:34 You have recovered your balance.
    18:10:34 Health: 2617/4045 BL: 4 [BWC]

18:10:34 You are again ready to dualshoot.
    18:10:34 Health: 2617/4045 BL: 4 [BWC]

guile stim
    18:10:35 You: Guile Stim.
    18:10:35 Health: 3426/4045 BL: 4 [-WC]

18:10:35 Hopping forward, a poison-spitting treefog ambushes you from beneath its protective camouflage.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
      I'm going on a rampage
  • edited March 2019
    Found this empty area behind one of the new terminals and then noticed there was a chest...
    [spoiler]
    18:12:40 chest74349               a heavy tool chest (open)
    18:12:40 viewscreen74350          a wall-embedded viewscreen
    18:12:40 viewscreen74361          a wall-embedded viewscreen
    18:12:40 terminal49970            an unobtrusive access terminal
    18:12:40 Total: 4.
    18:12:40 Health: 4105/4105 BL: 2 [BW-] 

p chest
    18:12:45 -- A Blake & Axer Nomad Ax-4-1 (#39975) ---------------------------------------
    18:12:45 Owner:        Unknown                                   Usable life: 108 mo.
    18:12:45 Mass:         Small                                     Resetting:   No
    18:12:45 Manufacturer: Blake & Axer                              Model:       Nomad Ax-4-1
    18:12:45 Slot:         Torso                                     Grade:       Light
    18:12:45 Health:       In perfect shape (100%)                   Min.level:   49
    18:12:45 Durability:   Fragile                                   SmartCore:   Unformed
    18:12:45 Resistances:
    18:12:45   Impact                    12.36%
    18:12:45   EM                        15.26%
    18:12:45   Thermal                   12.08%
    18:12:45   Cellular                  12.12%
    18:12:45   Mental                    12.19%
    18:12:45   Draining                  12.03%
    18:12:45   Electric                  15.68%
    18:12:45 
    18:12:45 Description: This lightweight sheath is manufactured with SmartCore technology, fitting over the torso of most beings like a second skin.
    18:12:45 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    18:12:45 Health: 4105/4105 BL: 2 [BW-] 

get 39975 from chest
    18:12:51 A Blake & Axer Nomad Ax-4-1 is not a container.
    [/spoiler]
    RIP :(
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
      I'm going on a rampage
  • Gotta use the ID or it will assume you're looking at your own chest piece.  You probed your own chest piece I'm pretty sure, instead of the toolchest
  • Yalau said:
    Gotta use the ID or it will assume you're looking at your own chest piece.  You probed your own chest piece I'm pretty sure, instead of the toolchest
    Ohhhhh, thanks for the tip! This is what happens when I'm not paying attention, haha. All the other crates and stuff were just random props so I doubt it actually had anything in it.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
      I'm going on a rampage
  • (Celestine): Vaxis says, "As the highest ranking citizen, I am declaring this month, "Let's think of excuses to stop Zhulkarn from being a Truggio*" month!"

(Celestine): Kitrana says, "Who is zhulkarn."

(Celestine): You say, "In your dreams, Vaxis."

(Celestine): Zarouc says, "Local drunk."

Way to leave a good first impression!

*Truggio: Lowest CA city rank.

• edited March 2019
    After news post public 157, Tiase decides to poke fun at the head scientist. He was as usual was having drinks in  bar when this happened over his drinking session. 
    ---------------------------------------
    @Ata tells you, "Oh! Hello! Project Conqueror does not exist. Project Kithflower does!"
    You tell Ata, "Ohh...did'tno...I did not know nanites. just one could write so well."
    Ata tells you, "With the adequate personality module, even a single nanite is capable of engaging in politics! In fact, I've met many a politician who'd be better off a nanite!"
    You laughingly tell Ata, "Magic tech."
    You tell Ata, "Lik'wha'...like what the empyreal ...the elder races left behind?"
    Ata tells you, "Yes! Yes, I suppose Kith-tech can, on occasion, be indistinguishable from magic. But you know, the - ehrm- impossible and the possible are, yes. Quite. Elders. Kith. Omega. SUCH poise! Such science!"
    You drolly tell Ata, "That is a lot of information to pack onto a single nanite Mister! Can you make one like a pet bug?"
    You tell Ata, "It'b like...MAGIC.
    Ata tells you, "Now, if that were to be the case, then it may as well be called a robot, not a nanite, don't you suppose?"
    You tell Ata, ""With the adequate personality module, even a single nanite is capable of engaging in."
    You tell Ata, "Lik'dat. One nanit' lik'a bug. Wit'a person-nal-lit-tee modul. 'engaging in politics' That's y'rword...that is your words not mine."
    Ata tells you, "I am beginning to SUSPECT, Mr. Tiase, that you are a nanite."
    Ata tells you, "Perhaps the same wayward nanite who LEAKED - ehrm - fabricated our plans... Were you once known as Xinu by your master?"
    You tell Ata, "Bu'HWAT? Who'b Zinu? Ah'aint no nanite. Ah'b Tiase, Cute and sexy. Ah'm juz settl'd in scatt'rhome. Ah'fly, Ah'hunt ahnd ah'no'how't'hav'a'gud time!. dat'llb'all."
    Ata tells you, "Cute? Sexy? Hmm... Why... Those are TWO out of the THREE defining characteristics of a nanite, Mr. Tiase. But I think your speech synthesis algorithm is getting screwier. Unless it has been tuned to Scatterspeech by a hyperventilating Tukkav, of course. That might explain it."
    Ata tells you, "And yet, the Y'saari records seem to indicate that you are, indeed, a proper wetwired spacer. Yet you do not appear to be lawless. Would you be interested in filling out a consent form for the advancement of kith research?" 
    You chortles like a rusty engine as he tell Ata, "Ah'm from wha'chu wou'd call "Podun' town, in deser'ted space. T'aint hardly gots no visitors" We'll speec' lik'dat bac'home. No'thankye mister. Nosiree."
    Ata tells you, "Well, if you change your mind, please let me know. There are other ways to
    contribute! Steal someone's junk and get them to place a bounty on you, for instance, and I shall be 
    able to come forthwith to study! No consent form required!"
    You tell Ata, "Ah'thun' Mister Ata, Y'r perr-son'nal-lit-tee mod'dul'ue...migh' need'a tune up."
    Ata tells you, "Yes, yes, I suppose I ought to get it inspec--. Wait. WHAT NANO-TRICKERY IS THIS?!"
    You drawls in a laconic tone as he tell Ata, "Ah'b slo'ish, no'stupid. Ah'b fr'm podunk, ahnd tha'wuz a logical guess."
    You tell Ata, "Ar'all youse ov'r ther' nanit's?  T'aint no'trickeree...jus'podun'c logic.
    Ata tells you, "Oh, we. Yes. Most of us are nanites, obviously. But then there is me. I am DOCTOR
    Aurazi. DOCTOR. Ata. Aurazi. I DIDN'T publish the greatest thesis ever written on kith-gravitic void 
    perturbations simply to be called MISTER. Take note. You may wish to enter that into your - ehrm - 
    Podunc heuristics."

You happily tell Ata, "Okay Mister! erm, Doctor, Mister Doctor Magic! 
    -----------------

Thanks for playin' along @Ata It still cracks me up even  now. I think I laid it on too thick! 
  • Ping.ICE.Result("antivirus, antivirus, mobile_firewall_west, polymorphic_antivirus, polymorphic_antivirus, and polymorphic_antivirus")
    Ping.Route.Result("north and west")
    UseSync(1.00)

Yeah, uh, no.
  • This happened while TIase was having drinks in a bar with @Mereas. I apologize laying it on thick! 
    --------------------
    Ata tells you, "Oh! Hello! Project Conqueror does not exist. Project Kithflower does!"
    You tell Ata, "Ohh...did'tno...I did not know nanites. just one could write so well."
    Ata tells you, "With the adequate personality module, even a single nanite is capable of engaging in politics! In fact, I've met many a politician who'd be better off a nanite!"
    You laughingly tell Ata, "Magic tech. Lik'wha'...like what the empyreal ...the elder races left behind?"
    Ata tells you, "Yes! Yes, I suppose Kith-tech can, on occasion, be indistinguishable from magic. But you know, the - ehrm- impossible and the possible are, yes. Quite. Elders. Kith. Omega. SUCH poise! Such science!"
    You drolly tell Ata, "That is a lot of information to pack onto a single nanite Mister!"
    You tell Ata, "Can you make one like a pet bug?"
    You tell Ata, "It'b like...MAGIC.
    Ata tells you, "Now, if that were to be the case, then it may as well be called a robot, not a nanite, don't you suppose?"
    You tell Ata, ""With the adequate personality module, even a single nanite is capable of engaging in."
    You tell Ata, "Lik'dat. One nanit' lik'a bug. Wit'a person-nal-lit-tee modul'."
    You tell Ata, "'engaging in politics' That's y'rword...that is your words not mine."
    Ata tells you, "I am beginning to SUSPECT, Mr. Tiase, that you are a nanite."
    Ata tells you, "Perhaps the same wayward nanite who LEAKED - ehrm - fabricated our plans... Were you once known as Xinu by your master?"
    You tell Ata, "Bu'HWAT? Who'b Zinu? Ah'aint no nanite. Ah'b Tiase, Cute and sexy. Ah'm juz settl'd in scatt'rhome."
    You tell Ata, "Ah'fly, Ah'hunt ahnd ah'no'how't'hav'a'gud time!. dat'llb'all."
    Ata tells you, "Cute? Sexy? Hmm... Why... Those are TWO out of the THREE defining characteristics of a nanite, Mr. Tiase. But I think your speech synthesis algorithm is getting screwier. Unless it has been tuned to Scatterspeech by a hyperventilating Tukkav, of course. That might explain it."
    Ata tells you, "And yet, the Y'saari records seem to indicate that you are, indeed, a proper wetwired spacer. Yet you do not appear to be lawless. Would you be interested in filling out a consent form for the advancement of kith research?" 
    You chortles like a rusty engine as he tell Ata, "Ah'm from wha'chu wou'd call "Podun' town, in deser'ted space. T'aint hardly gots no visitors" We'll speec' lik'dat bac'home. No'thankye mister. Nosiree."
    Ata tells you, "Well, if you change your mind, please let me know. There are other ways to contribute! Steal someone's junk and get them to place a bounty on you, for instance, and I shall be able to come forthwith to study! No consent form required!"
    You tell Ata, "Ah'thun' Mister Ata, Y'r perr-son'nal-lit-tee mod'dul'ue...migh' need'a tune up."
    Ata tells you, "Yes, yes, I suppose I ought to get it inspec--. Wait. WHAT NANO-TRICKERY IS THIS?!"
    You drawls in a laconic tone as he tell Ata, "Ah'b slo'ish, no'stupid. Ah'b fr'm podunk, ahnd tha'wuz a logical guess."
    You tell Ata, "Ar'all youse ov'r ther' nanit's? T'aint no'trickeree...jus'podun'c logic.
    Ata tells you, "Oh, we. Yes. Most of us are nanites, obviously. But then there is me. I am DOCTOR Aurazi. DOCTOR. Ata. Aurazi. I DIDN'T publish the greatest thesis ever written on kith-gravitic void perturbations simply to be called MISTER. Take note. You may wish to enter that into your - ehrm - Podunc heuristics."
    You happily tell Ata, "Okay Mister! erm, Doctor, Mister Doctor Magic! 
  • Not really a quote but...

-- Rahn Dee, the Savage (#28986) ---------------------------------------------
    Race: Krona Gender: Male
    Affiliation: Unknown Status: Healthy
    Description: Larger than average for a full grown Krona male, this dark-skinned man has bulging biceps and a very intense expression on his face, visible despite the opaque, wraparound shades he wears. An uncivilized tangle of hair falls around his savage features. The tusks jutting from his jaw are banded in a copper-hued metal. He wears a ripped, distressed tshirt on his torso emblazoned with the logo of the Omni Station Fighting Rings. On his lower arms, he wears a pair of extraordinarily baggy pants that are covered in buckles and straps. His lower hands wear simple, grippy rubber gloveshoes.
    Strength: You estimate that he is laughably weak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've only just noticed that reference and I find it hilarious.
  •                                                                                                 
    Vianou tells you, "What's unique with us? So weird, we talk with haikus. So happy, I am."
    You tell Vianou, "This isn't one, though. Or is it? Shit, I don't know. Ah, fuck. Yea, it is."

I'm gone.
  • Slander says to Poet, "KixddA dhy weeeh ch *hic* aOse tHj *hic* jshhH plxccee. Vaxk *hic* s toooj me on ouw ooirssk da *hic* ate hHEre witth Txooi iiinmtnnnNtIOnn of *hic* wWreciinGg it."

A cookie to whoever can decipher this :D
  • Naldan says, "Vaxis must have the best looking sack in the sector."
  • (Cesspool) You say, "Quick quark quack quick quark."
    (Cesspool) Quark says, "Quack."