Skip to content

Sexual Harassment Allegations

2»

Comments

• It's not an IC lie, @Zhulkarn, your comments in-game have been so out of line I legitimately think you're an alt-right rape-apologist IRL. Either that or you think that in the same way @Viola and I appreciate Capitalist satire, you think sexism as satire is somehow cute.

Multiple people have told me they will quit CA if you win because they feel unsafe/unwelcome as women with you as a leader. One person already has.

I don't have anything nice to say to you so I guess I should just stop.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• @Kestrel You see ghosts where there are none. Every player who interacted with my character or RPed any meaningful amount of time can see there is nothing sexist about the character itself. But I truly do not know if you poison people or not with your OOC blacklists and whatnot. That is called as metagaming. 

And now you insinuate insulting things about my OOC person as well despite knowing nothing at all. That is a line no player should cross. 

Take your senseless, bitter crusade elsewhere. 
  • I'm assuming that a woman would not presume to lecture over another woman's experience. I said I didn't know your gender. 

Anyway, I'm done now. May we never have to have this collective discussion ever again.
  • The way this was handled was in poor taste; utterly disgraceful. Snowballed as egos got bruised and led to a scramble of self righteous acts and forum posts in order to recover popular view.
  • I think this thread has gone on long enough.
  • If those many people alleged harassment, it is an admin issue. let the right people handle it. Harassment should always be escaled and brought to the attention of admin
  • I heard CA took their roleplay seriously but I had no clue.
  • In the heat of a moment or conflict, we are never at our best. Whatever our intentions are.

Hindsight is always accurate.

We share this community and perpetuating us vs them rifts and the pot and kettle 'I'm trusting MY experience despite what others have legitimately endured, they are wrong for calling me wrong and they are wrong for living something else' is really not helpful. It doesn't allow for any path forward.

And we need a path forward. We need a, "What can we do from here," not continued browbeating (on both sides) over what has already happened.

Harassment is a very difficult thing to handle in a MUD, as what qualifies varies from person to person. Issues are important to demonstrate a pattern, but issuing someone also makes the victim vulnerable and adds it to their own record. Then, it's a matter of what kind of warning, how many repetitions do you draw a line, did the person clearly state they wanted a cessation of contact so that the perpetrator distinctly knows their advances are not wanted, etc. There's a lot of reasons why people clam up, and victim blaming for trying to go through their organizational leaders doesn't help either. 

There is overreaching on both sides of the matter. High horsing it won't help us move forward. Trying to turn others into villains just as much as you are fighting against, won't help us move forward. Making assumptions and dismissing people, not knowing their lives, or expecting them to bare their scars to justify themselves, won't help us move forward.
  • @Eshe

Thank you.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

This discussion has been closed.