Skip to content

Newbie wetwiring

edited February 2019 in Feedback
Seriously guys - is there a reason why WW priorities are afflictions, subsystems, damage by default? It's literally the least useful combination for pve and it shows: I see new players die time and time again in lvl 1-10 hunting areas because their wetwiring is useless, then someone tells 'em to fix it and suddenly it's much better.
Yeah I know, the end of the tutorial mentions wetwiring but it's such a brief mention that barely anyone notices. As a result, new peeps find the game harder than it's intended, get discouraged and leave. Changing default priorities can't be THAT hard (uneducated opinion) and would help with new player retention.

And yeah I wrote an IDEA about it but in my experience the ingame bug report system works slowly and it's faster to raise a stink on the forums.

Comments

• I think a nice option would be to keep the priorities setting for newbies as is, but have part of the ol' tutorial recommend changing it, give the recommended pve setting, and show them how to change it. That way they learn how to change it by themselves, and that the setting they're changing to is only really good for pve.
  • Honestly HP prio can be pretty decent for PvP at low levels too though (depending on what you're fighting), when health kills happen much earlier than subsystem instas.
  • As a Scoundrel, I actually never knew about changing my wetwiring prios till like level 20. I never had much issues with it till I got to level 10 against the windmill drones. Then at level 20 things gots a lot harder. But then again, this was back in like early january before a lot of the Pve/class changes.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • Rkansas said:
    As a Scoundrel, I actually never knew about changing my wetwiring prios till like level 20. I never had much issues with it till I got to level 10 against the windmill drones. Then at level 20 things gots a lot harder. But then again, this was back in like early january before a lot of the Pve/class changes.
    Also depends where you hunted. Some enemies don't deal subsystem damage so WW jumps straight to health regen. Others, no such luck.
  • I like @Fyrel's idea best. Teach a man to fish and all that.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood