Skip to content

[Mudlet] Starsys

124»

Comments

• I don't have junket as of yet. Nor do I have a basher that does what I an do, so I am stuck with either doing it by hand or just use claw + turret so I have no idea about how bigger engineers bash. I am not a coder at all, so unlike others I can't just change someone's complex bashing script to add what I want. I can do simple things with code, but when you start adding things like flags and having lots of different scenarios to watch out for I am just at a loss. 
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • edited January 2019
    Just gonna point out what I mentioned when I was asked about part of why I code so much...
    My purpose is to optimise things as much as possible. The reason that Scoundrel and Furies both have 'options' to bash with, is because those two classes get progressively better as you unlock things further down. For Scoundrel, as an example, ripper is better than any other reload method, adding in Ambush/Rapidfire drastically increases your dps. This is also the reason why I haven't added anything for Beast, beyond wristblade/backhand, because it's optimal... For Nanoseer I haven't added anything, because nobody's given me a sequential list of the optimal way to bash. Nor the skills needed.
    The reason I haven't (and won't, as of yet) add anything to Engineer is because it doesn't increase the speed at which you kill things. If such a time comes where a higher level combo ends up noticeably outpacing claw spam, then I will edit it to give them the option as they unlock the abilities. I tested just about every combo when I was Engineer and it all came out to the same clear speed. Claw repeat + Junkjet MIGHT net you a quicker kill, but repeat also has a 1 minute cooldown. Not really enough to justify changing yet.
    If you want to change it, you can make a new script (make sure it's loaded after the system stuff, to ensure the function gets overwritten) and add a function with the same name as the bashing one ( function sysBasher_engineerBashing() iirc) and add in the conditional checks.
  • Does Starsys raise an event when it's loaded? Then you could also hook into that event, and won't have to drag the scripts up and down when upgrading.
  • Vadi said:
    Does Starsys raise an event when it's loaded? Then you could also hook into that event, and won't have to drag the scripts up and down when upgrading.
    Nope. Probably should, to be honest. But lazy.
  • Thanks for your feedback Maruna.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
  • Using a bloody lump of meat along with whatever supplies you have on hand, you skillfully construct 11 handfuls of explosive putty, then add the shrapnel mod to each. They are all slapdash and hasty, but they'll do.

Figured you'd want this, @Maruna
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • Is there a command list? I'm trying to figure out how to configure the basher for nanoseer, but "smconfig nanoseerbash help" isn't working. 
  • Shai said:
    Is there a command list? I'm trying to figure out how to configure the basher for nanoseer, but "smconfig nanoseerbash help" isn't working. 
    That's because there isn't one for nanoseer.
    Maruna said:
    For Nanoseer I haven't added anything, because nobody's given me a sequential list of the optimal way to bash. Nor the skills needed.
  • Based on this mornings testing a good starting point is: multistrike, freeze, freeze, swarm until dead.
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • Oooh. My apologies. I'm happy to help if I can.

Here are the main attacks I use for bashing in order (Multi -> Freeze -> Swarmx2) : 

Nanotech Multistrike:
    NANO MULTISTRIKE <TARGET>
    You focus intently to direct a portion of your swarm towards a <TARGET>, and
    they drift towards him in the form of a silvery mist that surrounds <N>, glowing red from 
    within as thousands of microscopic attacks draw blood.

Voidism Freeze:
    void freeze <TARGET>
    You brush your fingertips across a <TARGET>'s chest, and a rime of frost
    begins to steal across <N> flesh as you drain the heat and energy from <N> body, freezing <N
    in place.

Nanotech Swarm: 
    NANO SWARM <TARGET>
    Focusing on becoming more attuned to your swarm, you shift your fingers in the tiniest
    flicker, urging a thick cloud of nanites to surround a <TARGET>.

Not sure what the optimal distract is, but here's two: 

Nanotech Distract: (requires three mental afflictions)
    NANO DISTRACT <TARGET>
    (don't have the message for it)

Nanotech Eyestrike: (gives blurry vision)
    NANO EYESTRIKE <TARGET>
    Deftly, you direct your nanites to cluster thickly around a <TARGET>'s face,
    the microscopic machines digging invasively into <N> eyes.
    Using their invasive ability to squirm through the smallest cracks, the swarm delivers Blurry
    Vision to a <TARGET>.

Hope that helps! Someone please correct me if I've gotten any of that wrong/backwards.
  • edited January 2019
    I seem to be missing something in getting the basher to work. I installed per the instructions. I set the scoundrel options to make sure that they wouldn't be trying to do abilities I don't have yet. At first I was having the same problem as the user who was having problems with maps and the bashy alias wouldn't do anything at all. Then I ran downloadmudletmapper.

Now hitting . on numpad or typing bashy does this.
    `Bashing module engaged. Manual movement required.`
    and the debugger says
    `LUA OK: script Toggle Basher (Key21) ran without errors`

But simply nothing is happening. What else can I check?

Thanks for all the work you've done, by the way. It's a really nice GUI and system from what I can tell so far.
    p.s. Aww, I was really hoping markdown would work here.

Okay. I'm a dumbass. You have to do BASH ADD and click on mobs you want to target and I just somehow completely missed it. This system is beautiful.
  • Lemius said:
    Okay. I'm a dumbass. You have to do BASH ADD and click on mobs you want to target and I just somehow completely missed it. This system is beautiful.
    If you manually kill a mob, it will add it to the table. You don't HAVE to do bash add.
  • Good to know. I've been using it for about an hour now and it's working beautifully. Thank you for letting us benefit from all your hard work. :)
  • Sorry for question. How am able to increase font size for player, denizen, hp, chat?
  • In Mudlet, if you go to Settings, and under Main Display, you can alter the font size for everything on the page. I've noticed that the chat window is already of a smaller font, so increasing the size of the rest still alters the chat, but not as noticeably.
  • Hello! I'm a bit new here; Can anyone tell me if there's a way to fix the LUA error code I get when I try turning on the bashing system? I'm a level 5 B.E.A.S.T. in the Dregs at the moment of the capture. Thank you for your help in advance!!

• Hello, I'm a bit new here. I was hoping someone may be able to help me get rid of or fix the LUA error I seem to receive when attempting to use the basher. I'm currently a level 5 B.E.A.S.T. with most of my skills, and the ones I need for the system. Thanks in advance for your help! I've uploaded the screenshot to imgur!
  • Looks like the mapper didn't get initialised properly. Make sure you have the IRE mapping script installed, and not just the map itself.
  • I noticed that sometimes the slain counter counts twice, I haven't figured out why. At first I thought it was any time I landed the killing blow with flinging my ripper, but it is not always the case and it's not always when fling is the killing blow. Does anyone else have this issue and is there a way to fix this?
  • edited January 2019
    It's generally when an unblockable hit (bleed) fires in the same prompt as your attack, so it counts the attack twice (and thus increases the slain counter twice). Too lazy to fix. I don't find it a problem. Might do the same on rapidfire if the 2nd hit of rapidfire kills the mobs; never noticed. 
  • ah okay, no biggy. I actually just figured it was something I was doing wrong. I haven't noticed with the rapidfire, but now that you mentioned the bleed, I didn't really notice it till I started using weakening ammo, so either I just didn't notice it before with rapdifire, or I am seeing it a lot more since I started using weakening ammo. Thanks for letting me know, who knows, I MIGHT end up looking into trying to fix it, but I am not only lazy, but my coding skills are very very lacking when it comes to this scale of code. It's not really a big deal to me, which is why it took me a few days before I actually asked about it. I just happened to be bored and was like what the heck, i'd ask haha.
  • First, thanks for your efforts on the system.

Are you hosting this anywhere that people could make pull requests to help contribute (maybe I missed it on a previous page)?  I added a room inventory miniwindow to show takeable items on the floor.  Not sure if that's something you'd be interested in adding or how I might make it available to others?

Basically copy and paste of the denizensHere stuff in sys_RoomContents_Update, Left Update Box, and Other Elements.
  • I really like this system, however the "Midbie" portion of the fury basher is horribly broken, it isn't changing stances properly, I have tried to fix it but I made it even worse and just rolled back to keep using lowbie until there is a potential update
  • I was wondering if you had plans to add the kneecap interrupt for Scoundrels for when we don't have any bullets? I have tried several attempts to just solve this myself and I really haven't figured it out. This is what I have and I don't understand why it isn't working.

function sysBasher_interuptMob()
        local x = gmcp.Char.Status.class
        local bullets = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.bl)
        local command = ""
        if x == "Nanoseer" then
            command = "nano eyestrike "..target
        elseif x == "Fury" then
            command = "rage stun "..target
        elseif x == "B.E.A.S.T." then
            command = "suit rumble"
        elseif x == "Scoundrel" and bullets == "0" then
            command = "guile kneecap "..target
        elseif x == "Scoundrel" then
            command = "gun pointblank "..target
        else
            command = "bot swing "..target
        end
        sendAll("clearqueue", command,false)
    end

I have tried this one as well.

function sysBasher_interuptMob()
     local my_bullets = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.bl)
     local command = ""
       if my_bullets = "0" then
          command = "guile kneecap "..target
       else
          command = "gun pointblank "..target
       end
        sendAll("clearqueue", command,false)
    end
  • Clearly the second one doesn't work because you did assignment instead of comparison (= vs. ==), and the first one doesn't because you're comparing a number (my_bullets) to a string ("0").
  • Thanks @Thessia I was able to get it to working. I am not even a decent coder so I didn't actually understand what you just said, it somehow made sense to some part of my brain and I actually got it to working within a second of reading this and looking at the script.
  • any one set up this for a BEAST yet please
  • Hey, so seems a lot has changed ingame since the last time I updated, Fury Midbie isn't working anymore. It calls to stances you are not in. I would appreciate if someone could dig into the fury framework of this system and clean it up. I intend to use the - Gutrend & Flyinglash -> (Wound & Deepstrike -> Rupture & Flyinglash) or - Swiftcut & Upperlash -> Legspike & Strike combos. Honestly not sure why combos weren't set into it for bashing, but am just starting out, if I am being naive lemme know. For now, just spamming the lowbie burn.
    <WARG>Weapon Augmented Ravager Genotype
  • Hello all, I just recently installed this system, I play as a fury with a majority of the skills learned in it, however, when I go bashing the 'bashy' command does nothing, as in, it doesn't work so I have to manual all of my skills which is somewhat difficult to do for me. I have 0 experience in coding or how to figure out any errors in the system, so I cannot pin-point as to what to do in order to get it up and running. I did do smconfig furybash midbie as well as smsetup, and bashsetup. I believe I did everything I am supposed to have done according to the instructions as well as the information what I have read here. Could anyone here possibly help me with this?
  • Unfortunately this system hasn't been updated since maybe January, been a few changes to stances, attacks etc so it wont work 'out of the box'.

I've butchered my version so cant give you that but maybe replace this function below (just rename the old one, copy and paste this in). It will - hopefully - heal at 75 health or less, then hit mob with fever (I'm not sure if this is still necessary every fight but can leave it in) then send the kith burn attack. Let me know if this works then we can figure out a stances attack route and plug it in instead of the kith burn line.

function sysBasher_furyBashing()
      local r = sm_charStats.rage
      starsys.defences = starsys.defences or {}
      local command = ""
      local fs = furyStance or "Symmetry"
      local bflow, rage = "", ""
      local mobhp = 0
      if gmcp.IRE.Target.Info.hpperc and gmcp.IRE.Target.Info.hpperc ~= "" then
        mobhp = gmcp.IRE.Target.Info.hpperc:gsub("%%", "")
        mobhp = tonumber(mobhp)
      end
      if sm_charStats.hp <= 75 and not classActiveHeal then
        command = "kith suffuse"
      elseif not targetHas("fever") then
        command = "kith fever " .. target
      else
        command = "kith burn " .. target
      end
      return command
    end