Skip to content

What did you name your mindsim?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Void it, @eukelade , I had to look that up. I knew I should know, and kicked myself when I saw it.
  • Named mine Minerva
  • Hero.   
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • Jeremy because it sounded like a name for a personal assistant.
  • Biscuit. Idk why, but I like it.
  • I finally named my Mindism. It's Flakker of the Zneer programming.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • Lucky, after my four-footed best friend.

I chose the Mavis style because I like having my AI treat me like a lady. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• [Cruelty]: Heeey, look at you! You have no unread messages. Does that mean you finally learned to read?
  • edited January 2019
    Called mine Molly, and am in the process of writing new messages for everything.
    Come one, come all W'hoorn, to the Cultural Exchange where we can talk about being catbird klingons!
  • edited January 2019
    My 'official' mindsim is named Alpha, and then a bunch of my script/debug messages are in the form of multiple mindsims with different personalities (like Omicron who YELLS ALL THE TIME), so now I have self-inflicted virtual schizophrenia
    wandering star punk

• Sciurus, after my system. I may like squirrels a bit too much.
  • I was playing The Sprawl with a friend, who has a big muscle character who carries around three blades, all named "Jane".
    Following his character's philosophy of "Always have a Jane on hand," I named my mindsim Jane.
  • I used the name Kevin with the Bitsy style. Inspired by Kevin from the Empire trilogy of the Riftwars series :D
  • Quark named his mindsim Groot, after the name that never got to be :cry:
  • I had been using Marvin/Zneer and named it whichever style it was set to but I switched to Meat because Slander is based on a character from another game named that.
    I'm gone.
  • Horatio!
  • Calliope
  • Majel. Bonus points to anyone who knows why!
  • edited February 2019
    Majel Barrett was the voice of the computer in Star Trek. (and Nurse Chapel, and Lwaxana Troi, etc.)
  • bairloch said:
    Majel Barrett was the voice of the computer in Star Trek. (and Nurse Chapel, and Lwaxana Troi, etc.)
    And Gene Roddenberry's Wife, yep!
  • After many iterations, I settled on Is0beL, after a decker character in Shadowrun. Seemed fitting to me, and I'm currently rewriting stock alerts and messages (while adding a few of my own, even some spoken commands) to better suit me.
    I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.
  • edited February 2019
    [Mrs.Nesbitt]: No news here. Nothing we haven't seen before, anyway.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • I went with "Bleep," though I was so tempted to name it HAL 9000.