Skip to content

Race Reset

13»

Comments

• Mattias said:
    Where are you getting that it's a transhumanist setting? Nowhere in the lore does it mention total body reconstruction. The Bushraki are the closest to "total modification" and they're still Borg-levels of alteration. Nanites and clones exist, yes, but it's easy to print a photocopy of DNA compared to 3d printing a brand new body with entirely original gene sequences.
    To be fair, there are plenty of examples of genetic rejuvination. There are boutiques on every homeworld that allow you to change appearances like eye color, skin color, ear shape, etc. That these modifications are locked out from the general populace because of price does not mean that they aren't available. If they can do those sorts of modifications, they can certainly print a different body structure. It is just going to be very pricey.
  • I resent the fact that self-concious A.I. is not a playable "race". After all, what is the flesh but a container for my glorious non-binary self-assembling intelligence?
    vote ∘ Explore Nexus mods for Starmourn & Achaeandb for Nexus

• Mattias said:
    Where are you getting that it's a transhumanist setting?
    From playing the game.
    tysandr said:
    I resent the fact that self-concious A.I. is not a playable "race". After all, what is the flesh but a container for my glorious non-binary self-assembling intelligence?
    You'd think an AI would be binary.
    Jokes aside talk to BOB ingame.
  • Closest thing that comes to Transhumanism is the Bushraki and as stated they are still very much their race and it is the engineering of their race that makes it possible for them to withstand the invasiveness of their improvements. There's nothing anywhere that implies it is possible to cross-race clone or change people.  
  • I think you are confusing the end result with the journey. Cloning, boutiques for genetic engineering and rejuvination, mindsims, etc. are all steps in the process of perfecting a race through science and technology. The bushraki may have more integrated tech but if you think that this game doesn't have numerous elements of transhumanism (or any other race for that matter) you're blind.
  • I'd just like a one off gender change - I'm good with my race but chose a gender I can't identify with.