Skip to content

B.E.A.S.T. hunting, Thematically, feels horrible.

2»

Comments

• Surprisingly, tear actually has a 0.5s faster time to kill then backhand + wristblade does at around level 75.

Douse + Burn isn't awful, but needing 3-4 more balances per mob is a big deal, and eventually you just put the flavor in the backseat and ride the grind out.
  • Going back to the stupid robots under Song is a fun time to AoE them down with Missiles and PinDown, but yeah, equal level stuff just doesn't have a ton of viable options.
  • Kestrel said:
    I'm mainly interested in how the unisex crotch protector comes into play.
    Think Kryten from Red Dwarf...
  • Devil's Advocate: I can see a 'mech-suit brawler' class being several shades of awesome, link mechmonks or cyberninja whatever. I'd quite possibly invest in such a class, but yeah, that isn't what I expected from B.E.A.S.T. Looking forward to the changes.
    Real Steel 😁
  • I use missiles/pindown myself, only problem is if someone else walks into the room they get whacked
  • Then throw in a rumble or two at the end if that didn't kill everything.
  • Are you only bashing in areas you overlevel by a lot @secaro? Tanking two mobs is death for most of us. 
  • Yeah, this is why Anemoi is so terrible. So many wandering aggro mobs :(
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • @Squeakums probably, I honestly don't know the best places yet, but I did the math, I get about the same experience over time for a lot less risk. At least from the areas I've tried so far.
  • So all I'm going to say is this -- I stopped playing around January 1st and came back just a couple days ago after the BEAST tuning to find that I am now dying a lot more than before. I take more damage than I did. My damage seems fine. I'm using rail guns and it takes 4 shots to take down a creature in the Fields of Oranc. About 9 or so with Tear (rough estimate). 

I wasn't aware we were god status back then and I understand if we needed to be toned down a bit, but it feels like you over corrected by just a tad. 
    "Tell me of your home world, Usul."
  • Uh, no, really. This is what everyone had to deal with. This is why people complained. This is why you got nerfed. 

Mobs got buffed in general though.

Your TTK is like one balance after the top basher. 

You have the best armour (though the actual benefits of this is perhaps overstated slightly) and other stuff.
  • Ephemera said:
    So all I'm going to say is this -- I stopped playing around January 1st and came back just a couple days ago after the BEAST tuning to find that I am now dying a lot more than before. I take more damage than I did. My damage seems fine. I'm using rail guns and it takes 4 shots to take down a creature in the Fields of Oranc. About 9 or so with Tear (rough estimate). 

I wasn't aware we were god status back then and I understand if we needed to be toned down a bit, but it feels like you over corrected by just a tad. 
    Think less Juan "Johnnie" Rico mobile infantry and more Flyguy the armored space pimp. You gotta pimp slap (backhand) then shank (wristblade) them hoes (mobs) repeatedly for the best results.
  • To me that's boring as hell...
    "Tell me of your home world, Usul."
  • Yes, its boring as hell. That's the point of this entire thread. The current state of BEAST hunting is boring as hell. I can't think of a more watered down, boring way for the class to hunt. Event shield bashing something to death sounds more unique and entertaining. I hate that we have a shortsword. Why aren't we using power hammers? Or energy blades? Even rocket punching is more entertaining. There already is a sword class. We need to move away from being one.
  • To me you should be using a combination of a minigun, minirockets and flamethrowers.  Based solely off my 5 thousand foot view of what I think the class should feel like.
  • edited February 2019
    Rylek said:
    Yes, its boring as hell. That's the point of this entire thread. The current state of BEAST hunting is boring as hell. I can't think of a more watered down, boring way for the class to hunt. Event shield bashing something to death sounds more unique and entertaining. I hate that we have a shortsword. Why aren't we using power hammers? Or energy blades? Even rocket punching is more entertaining. There already is a sword class. We need to move away from being one.
    Fluff doesn't matter. If all you do is press the same hunting button over and over then it makes no difference if the action is fluffed as you stabbing with a dinky-ass dagger or flipping out and remaking reality in a 90 second cutscene - at the end of the day, all you do is spam one action, and that's boring.
    Okay, two actions. Still boring though.
    BEAST currently is the equivalent of dikumud + clones' fighter class. Super easy to play and relatively powerful but all you do is auto attack.
  • edited February 2019
    Yeah that's every class now. 

Except for perhaps privileged Scoundrels?
  • Wuff said:
    Yeah that's every class now. 

Except for perhaps privileged Scoundrels?
    Bzzt! Wrong as usual. Only two classes have PvE on this level of mindless single action spam - beast and engineer. Even then the other thread proves engineers have other viable options, only why bother doing something more complex when BOT CLAW spam is simpler and has the same time to kill.
  • Engineers see tangible improvements when they incorporate sear, magnotron and turret control. It's more involved than scoundrel as the ideal 'rotation' changes with each mob.
  • Fluff matters... :(
  • If a BEAST player removes all their armor, are they still a BEAST?