Skip to content

Faction Insignia

What is the official word on faction insignia? Logos/branding tend to occur at initiation of new organisations while we have been dropped into gameplay a number (centuries) of years post official inauguration. Are we supposed to come up with our own insignia for our factions or is there official logos somewhere? Seems to me that with such a length of time in existence, a solid visual representation would already be associated with each faction.

Comments

• @Aurelius are we supposed to create our own or does insignia exist for the factions?
  • I nominate a winged pyramid for the Ascendancy, although the wings should not be feathered, but resemble those of an aircraft.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• Our insignia should be drawn in crayon. 
  • edited January 2019
    I think Scatterhome should have 3 differently sized asteroids contained within a large circle that has an angled sort of saturn ring going through it.

Obviously, within the circle, there should also be star points.

I cannot promise that I didn't see this somewhere else before.
  • One of mob descs mentions that the Ascendancy's logo can be tessellated, and a few of us on the discord were trying to brainstorm both the logo and the flag.
    Come one, come all W'hoorn, to the Cultural Exchange where we can talk about being catbird klingons!
  • Crorr said:
    One of mob descs mentions that the Ascendancy's logo can be tessellated, and a few of us on the discord were trying to brainstorm both the logo and the flag.
    My first thought would be three hexagons in kind of a > shape, hmm. Has anyone seen what Song is? I kind want to take a crack at some ideas in Inkscape.
  • Even if Scatterhome had an insignia, what would we put it on? I guess we have guards and armadas, but we definitely don't have government buildings or anything like that.
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • A scattering of rocks across a flat plane
  • Joscelin said:
    Crorr said:
    One of mob descs mentions that the Ascendancy's logo can be tessellated, and a few of us on the discord were trying to brainstorm both the logo and the flag.
    My first thought would be three hexagons in kind of a > shape, hmm. Has anyone seen what Song is? I kind want to take a crack at some ideas in Inkscape.
    Something within a single hexagon would be pretty versatile - you can put whatever you want inside the hexagon, and retain the tessellability. That's a word now, I invented it.
  • Song is obvious :chuffed:

• That's actually pretty badass.
  • Why fire though? Earth and pretty/shiny/pristine engineering motifs seem more appropriate. It seems like it's all about beauty and efficiency, thematically. And genocide. That too.

So Aryan.

— Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• Setting your symbol on fire is pretty Aryan :|

(I tried demonic/evil/etc + treble clef and bass clef, that was the best I found in 1m of effort.)
  • kamyr said:
    Setting your symbol on fire is pretty Aryan :|

(I tried demonic/evil/etc + treble clef and bass clef, that was the best I found in 1m of effort.)
    trees tho

Aryan. Trees.

It's green or die, bitch.

— Oscar Wilde

— Margaret Atwood